BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

10-03-2009, 03:14 PM   #89
Yoyoman
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3/E92 JB

Car just turned 10,000km yesterday and finally got the long anticipated low oil light on. It was purchased at Marenello, but took it in today to Missisauga BMW this PM, went up to the service desk and spoke to a service adviser named Ian, whom was quite helpful. Got her topped up without any problems. I shared some of your posted negative experiences of refusal to top up etc. Ian was surprised, he said the top up of oil is covered for the 1st year and shouldn't have anything to do with where the car was originally purchased. (although I am aware Marenello and Missisauga BMW are own by the same group).
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #90
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

Budd's BMW in Oakville refused to top up my '08 M3 too... and I even bought the damn thing from them. Ended up having to buy my own litre of oil from their parts guy as I was really low. Parkview BMW has since offered to top me up for free, which is why they are now getting all my business... see how it works!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 12:27 PM   #91
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw_330i View Post
so i guess if you need oil topped off bring it back to where you bought it and you shouldnt have problems.....
Except if you bought it from Budd's BMW...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 12:31 PM   #92
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyoman View Post
Car just turned 10,000km yesterday and finally got the long anticipated low oil light on. It was purchased at Marenello, but took it in today to Missisauga BMW this PM, went up to the service desk and spoke to a service adviser named Ian, whom was quite helpful. Got her topped up without any problems. I shared some of your posted negative experiences of refusal to top up etc. Ian was surprised, he said the top up of oil is covered for the 1st year and shouldn't have anything to do with where the car was originally purchased. (although I am aware Marenello and Missisauga BMW are own by the same group).

Yup purchased mine from Mississuaga, but got her topped up a few weeks ago at 9800KM from BK Motors Waterloo....great guys...the service manager Elie is awesome
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #93
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

I got the message from the car asking for a quart of oil at 12,000km. Went to BMW London and my SA (Mike) filled her up. It took a total of 2 minutes if not less.

BMW London has always given me GREAT service.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 03:50 PM   #94
Tobimer
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Im at 11,000 Km and top off the oil 2 times already (1 litre each time), seems strange. I haven't tracked it and don't think I drive it any harder than any typical m3 owner.

I had a 335 for two years and topped it off once.

seems like mine is buning more than normal.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #95
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoyoman View Post
Ian looks after my car and always gives me the red carpet treatment. I will always take my business BMW Mississauga. They are an outstanding dealership.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 12:00 AM   #96
darkseid2k
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: '10 E71, '11 E92

Garage List
2008 E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
Budd's BMW in Oakville refused to top up my '08 M3 too... and I even bought the damn thing from them. Ended up having to buy my own litre of oil from their parts guy as I was really low. Parkview BMW has since offered to top me up for free, which is why they are now getting all my business... see how it works!
Yup - had the same experience at Parkview, they're accomodating for top ups. Service is quick too, in and out in 5 mins.. 10 mins after looking at the X6 M again..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 11:11 PM   #97
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobimer View Post
Im at 11,000 Km and top off the oil 2 times already (1 litre each time), seems strange.
I'm around 14k and have topped up twice too (1L each time). Apperently quite normal from what everyone tells me and from what I've read... but first car I've ever owned where this is "normal". I had an E46 M3 for 4 years and NEVER topped it up...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2009, 10:59 AM   #98
TheDarkone
T H E D A R K O N E
Rep
Drives: its fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
Prior to my M3, I had an E46 330ci and it burned a bit of oil (as most BMWs do). I would go to Maranello or Autohaus and get it topped off with no questions asked whatsoever. Since I got my M3 ,I've been topped off at Open Road BMW in Newmarket, and at Toronto BMW. I pulled in to Autohaus last week and I was denied by the "parts girl", she said I would have to buy the oil, I told her I have never had to buy the oil to top of my old 330, she said because the M3 uses more expensive oil (10-60) that she wouldn't be able to give one of the techs a liter of oil to top me off. I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT. I didn't know what to say...I walked out of there...and I headed over to Maranello a couple days later and without a question the guy filled me up with a liter of oil. I later called Autohaus Service Manager, and he told me that they are unable to fill up M cars because of the special oil it requires, but he would have no problem filling up a regular 3 series.

A part of me understands, a liter of this oil is $19, so if everyday just 1 guy comes in to top of the oil in their M3. It costs them $100 bucks a week, and realistically they probably have a lot more then 1 guy a day. But still...this is the ONLY dealership that has ever denied to top of me off.

I've never liked Autohaus, and now I HATE them!

DON'T GO TO AUTOHAUS!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you refused to pay for a bottle of oil by the title of this post my friend
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 08:43 AM   #99
BigAl2
YaGottaLuvIt
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 Cab AW/FR DCT wow

Garage List
2008 E93-M3  [0.00]
Sounds "normal" then

I came to this post to see if anyone has experienced same the kind of oil consumption as me on my '08 M3. I have put in 2 liters now and just rolled over 14kkm. Seems excessive to me. Dealer topped me up for nothing both times, and they tell me that it will get better? Anyone out there have more kms, and seen the consumption drop off?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 09:03 AM   #100
kmac1980
Major
Rep
Drives: '19 540xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl2 View Post
I came to this post to see if anyone has experienced same the kind of oil consumption as me on my '08 M3. I have put in 2 liters now and just rolled over 14kkm. Seems excessive to me. Dealer topped me up for nothing both times, and they tell me that it will get better? Anyone out there have more kms, and seen the consumption drop off?
perfectly normal, part of life with a high reving engine that uses 10W60 synthetic
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 10:30 AM   #101
Alessandro
Major
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5

Garage List
2011 335is  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enfield View Post
I got the message from the car asking for a quart of oil at 12,000km. Went to BMW London and my SA (Mike) filled her up. It took a total of 2 minutes if not less.

BMW London has always given me GREAT service.
Yeah they are great i can agree
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #102
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
Except if you bought it from Budd's BMW...
I just called budds bmw and they told me that it would cost $13 bucks to top up(i bought the car from them) but he goes if you come in and perhaps talk to a manager to might get it for free! I've only topped up once before at mississauga bmw and they did it for free no questions asked. I'll be going at lunch, so lets see what happens...
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 12:13 PM   #103
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

ok update, i get to the dealership they told me to drive my car into the service reception, they started the car, opened the hood, waited around for 10min, than this fat blonde bitch comes up and goes to me ok you have to go buy the oil from the parts guy, so i told her that i bmw mississauga topped me off for free and i didn't even buy an $80k car of them....so i told her to do it for free and she wouldn't, so i asked her why would i pay you $30 bucks when i can get it for free when i go back home(budds is closer to my workplace, bmw mississauga is closer to my home). she goes different dealerships have different polocies. If i was going to pay for the oil why the fuck would i bring the car into service and let you **** pour it in??? Budds bmw can go eat a dick and die! I'm definately going to send an email to my sales rep and service manager express my displeasure.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #104
markymarc1979
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16 G12 + 15 F06 + 17 F15

Garage List
2009 BMW E93  [0.00]
2012 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
BMW Mississauga for the win. Outstanding service all the way. I'm very picky when it comes to my BMW's and BMW Mississauga totally satisfies my requirements.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #105
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

This thread will never die as long as BMW doesn't fix this "policy" issue, where every dealer across town has a different "policy" with regards to filling up the OIL.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #106
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gsr View Post
ok update, i get to the dealership they told me to drive my car into the service reception, they started the car, opened the hood, waited around for 10min, than this fat blonde bitch comes up and goes to me ok you have to go buy the oil from the parts guy, so i told her that i bmw mississauga topped me off for free and i didn't even buy an $80k car of them....so i told her to do it for free and she wouldn't, so i asked her why would i pay you $30 bucks when i can get it for free when i go back home(budds is closer to my workplace, bmw mississauga is closer to my home). she goes different dealerships have different polocies. If i was going to pay for the oil why the fuck would i bring the car into service and let you **** pour it in??? Budds bmw can go eat a dick and die! I'm definately going to send an email to my sales rep and service manager express my displeasure.
Sorry to hear - that certainly blows, I have not had that experience there, but I dont really go for top ups - I think I went once and they did it for me no charge.

Although its a nice touch that Miss BMW does that, don't even get me started on that dealership - long story short, they will NEVER service my car EVER. I won't buy a car from them either.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 05:05 PM   #107
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Sorry to hear - that certainly blows, I have not had that experience there, but I dont really go for top ups - I think I went once and they did it for me no charge.

Although its a nice touch that Miss BMW does that, don't even get me started on that dealership - long story short, they will NEVER service my car EVER. I won't buy a car from them either.
What happened there Jay, please share

Infact I took the M out for a run a few days ago when it was clear, and at 16,000KM it gave me the add +1 Litre.
So this was my second top-up, went to BMW mississauga as it was a saturday and Ian and Mark were there, he quickly topped it off, the mechanic stood there with me until the oil reader showed the OK message.

Great service, great guys, the sales experience was even better at mississauga.

I think after the expansion they will become even better
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:07 PM   #108
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

ok here is another update, so i emailed their customer service manager and 20min later i get a call, they offered me an apology and said that they were in the midst of changing their "policies" and anybody that did purchase their car at Budds would now get top ups for free. They now put it on my file to give me free top ups from now on. That is total bullshit, they only did that because i complained, no other reason. When i called bmw of mississauga, the SA told me that all dealerships should give free top ups for up to 1yr or 20,000km. Slammed m3 is totally right, every dealership in ontario should follow the same procedures/polices.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #109
GregW / Oregon
Commander-In-Chief
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2 Coupe, 2020 GLE 450

Garage List
Free top ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000gsr View Post
ok here is another update, so i emailed their customer service manager and 20min later i get a call, they offered me an apology and said that they were in the midst of changing their "policies" and anybody that did purchase their car at Budds would now get top ups for free. They now put it on my file to give me free top ups from now on. That is total bullshit, they only did that because i complained, no other reason. When i called bmw of mississauga, the SA told me that all dealerships should give free top ups for up to 1yr or 20,000km. Slammed m3 is totally right, every dealership in ontario should follow the same procedures/polices.
It's certainly not a required BMWUSA policy, but they should know that those requesting it (probably not many) take it seriously. In this day of slow business for everyone, the minmal cost should be worth it for customer retention. I have never asked for this myself. Seems much easier to have a $10 bottle of oil in my garage and skip the hassle.

Greg Lake Oswego, Oregon, USA
2023 M2 Coupe - Brooklyn Grey/Cognac/CF, 6MT; 2020 MB GLE 450
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2010, 10:20 PM   #110
2000gsr
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
It's certainly not a required BMWUSA policy, but they should know that those requesting it (probably not many) take it seriously. In this day of slow business for everyone, the minmal cost should be worth it for customer retention. I have never asked for this myself. Seems much easier to have a $10 bottle of oil in my garage and skip the hassle.
You have to remember in Canada, even though our dollar is close to parity, we pay double for everything compared to the states. This 10w60 castrol shit costs 20 bucks a bottle and the ONLY place we can buy it is at the stealership. Thats why when these free oil changes are up i'm switching to amsoil 10w40 full sythetic as i can get it for a good price and its just as good as if not better than mobil 1 or castrol. I use amsoil for my bike and it works great.
Appreciate 0