BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

09-21-2008, 10:34 PM   #67
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari6891 View Post
hah lol
My dad takes care of PHYSICALLY paying the bills for it... I transferr the 1200 a month it takes to lease into his bank account
My business is a complicated thing to explain. I work with Clubs/Lounges in NYC to provide parties such as Sweet 16s Graduations, Bdays, AfterProm...Ive been doing it for 2 years and i can earn a cool 50K a year. Its pretty much like a party planner except I deal with party people who have deep pockets

edit: btw I am getting a college education haha
Cool job. The networking you do will almost certainly be more valuable than the money you make.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 10:42 PM   #68
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90RWC View Post
I will be in that same situation in Spring as well.

In wealthy areas like the Bay Area and stuff, driving a BMW at this age is considered the minimum. Many of my friends have M6s, Ferraris and Aston Martins. It's hard to stunt here.

Others around the country think that a BMW at a young age is a crime, but that's cuz their car payments are more than their own mortgages.
Most of my friends at my private high school growing up drove nice cars and I drove a beater Honda Accord that I was happy to have. Now, 12 years later, I make good money and almost every single one of them is a waste. Why? Because none of them learned how to work to get what they want. It was always handed to them.

My point is, however much money you or your friends parents have, don't compare yourself to anyone else. Do the best that you can for yourself, but be content with whatever you have.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 11:16 PM   #69
Krueger///M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003 HPF 2.5, 2008 M3 (Sold)

Garage List
2002 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
2008 BMW ///M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLud View Post
Most of my friends at my private high school growing up drove nice cars and I drove a beater Honda Accord that I was happy to have. Now, 12 years later, I make good money and almost every single one of them is a waste. Why? Because none of them learned how to work to get what they want. It was always handed to them.

My point is, however much money you or your friends parents have, don't compare yourself to anyone else. Do the best that you can for yourself, but be content with whatever you have.
Solid advice.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 11:59 PM   #70
Z4M///ike
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4 M Roadster/08 E90 M3

just turned 18. e-commerce entrepreneur. between college and work, i have to take a break in between somewhere... fell in love with the E46 M3 the very first time I saw/heard it. haha don't give me any crap for being young. a lot of hard work, a little bit of luck, and truckloads of ambition can go a long way...
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 12:37 AM   #71
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4M///ike View Post
just turned 18. e-commerce entrepreneur. between college and work, i have to take a break in between somewhere... fell in love with the E46 M3 the very first time I saw/heard it. haha don't give me any crap for being young. a lot of hard work, a little bit of luck, and truckloads of ambition can go a long way...
It's very cool to me to hear about young people coming up with creative ideas, working hard, and enjoying success. Too many young people are lazy, unable to think for themselves, and expect everything in life to be handed to them. It's refreshing to hear "success stories" like yours and helps me to regain a little faith in humanity. I definitely won't give you or anyone else on this forum crap for being successful and wanting to enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 12:42 AM   #72
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Come on, who is making enough money to PURCHASE an E9X M3 at 18 and pay the insurance and associated upkeep? What kind of a bank if going to give a loan to someone still in high school and what insurance company is going to give you an affordable policy?

On the internet, everyone is a successful 18 year old.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 02:44 AM   #73
Z4M///ike
Private
Rep

haha, I knew there would be some sort of post like that.

The car was paid for at the time of its delivery. Besides, the interest rate in July was 5.9%. I'm not the type to splurge on cars, clothes, etc and personally, I try to keep my personal expenditures at less than 15-20% of what I am earning, as I am paying for my own tuition as well (in my line of business, it is crucial to free up as much capital as possible for reinvestment.)

I believe that a dream is only truely attainable after having the means to do so comfortably (that way you enjoy it without any worries).

mike_zhang@berkeley.edu

Email me and I'll show you what I do :] don't want to disclose it to the public... pretty basic import/export business integrated with online wholesale/retail.

Better yet, Facebook me. You'll see pictures of the baby :]
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 03:06 AM   #74
ericlikescars
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: murder.

Quote:

The car was paid for at the time of its delivery. Besides, the interest rate in July was 5.9%. I'm not the type to splurge on cars, clothes, etc and personally, I try to keep my personal expenditures at less than 15-20% of what I am earning, as I am paying for my own tuition as well (in my line of business, it is crucial to free up as much capital as possible for reinvestment.)

I believe that a dream is only truely attainable after having the means to do so comfortably (that way you enjoy it without any worries).

mike_zhang@berkeley.edu

Email me and I'll show you what I do :] don't want to disclose it to the public... pretty basic import/export business integrated with online wholesale/retail.

Kudos to you man. I am your age and am inspired!

I'm 18. I just got an 09 E92 on order. I've been working full time since I was 16 years old. As of today, I still work full time, run an online bussiness selling designer jeans, and am getting my GE at community college. I'll say it right now, if I had someone else to support, or a house/apartment payment to worry about, there is no way I could afford this car. But I had 25 thousand dollars stored away in the bank since I've been employed, and decided to treat myself.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 03:15 AM   #75
Z4M///ike
Private
Rep

Ah, the beauty of the internet. Designer jeans...awesome. Haha, education is important too...good going with the CC. It's often very tough to justify going to school when you've got a career right in front of you, but ultimately, I think it's for the best.

Congrats on the E92, that's a hell of a treat!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 03:26 AM   #76
Banned
United_States
Rep

I wish the M3 was more expensive.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 03:28 AM   #77
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

mike_zhang@berkeley.edu

I wasn't speaking directly to you, not sure why you took it that way. I was making a general statement or I would have quoted you.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 07:10 AM   #78
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlikescars View Post
I'm 18. I just got an 09 E92 on order. I've been working full time since I was 16 years old. As of today, I still work full time, run an online bussiness selling designer jeans, and am getting my GE at community college. I'll say it right now, if I had someone else to support, or a house/apartment payment to worry about, there is no way I could afford this car. But I had 25 thousand dollars stored away in the bank since I've been employed, and decided to treat myself.
Full time since 16? What about High School?

Dude, if you're buying a $70,000 car while you're attending a community college, I think I won't be alone in saying that's financial suicide.
      09-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #79
BIGNTASTIE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: white/red 08 M3, 05 Rangerover

Quote:

mike_zhang@berkeley.edu

woot great to see other young asians drive m3's props to u
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 10:13 AM   #80
lawjizams
M IS THE KING!
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 E90 SSII

Will be 31 when I pick mine up. Luckily I will have no car payments
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 11:33 AM   #81
GT3 Tim
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MB E63S

40. Sold the GT3 to get this. GT3 was proving too impractical as I have a 6 year old now and was also getting majorly burnt out on tracking and coaching! So the GT3 was just sitting most all of the time!

Paid cash. It was about an even swap.

Glad I picked the M. It is my 3rd M3. A wonderful car that is great for my purposes at this pointin time.
2008 E90 M3 -- Sold
2004 GT3 -- Sold
1997 M3/4 -- Sold
1995 M3 -- Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 11:41 AM   #82
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
I'm 18 and hit the daily pick 5 daily lotto.
      09-22-2008, 12:53 PM   #83
zuggerat89
Still waiting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: OGV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post
I'm 18 and hit the daily pick 5 daily lotto.
What is your secret?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #84
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: GR Yaris GT4RS

42, yes a European old timer

Anyway, it is a lot more difficult to drive an M3 at young age in the EU vs the US.
Now, I did it, and I`m proud, I realy do love this car, so sophisticated, smooth, compared to the E46 M3. The 6mt is way better then the old one.

I will try the DCT ( hopefully on short notice), but for now the 6 mt is fine with me.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #85
JIO
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92 M3 w/DCT

Dang...I must be the old fart at 59. M car #7.

I still live at home and my Dad bought it for me. Fortunately I don't have to work since my Mom gives me gas money....he he.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #86
335 S
Vile and Depraved
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

45 years old physically. 12 mentally. Used to be strictly Audis. Stopped after the RS4 exited, no decent replacement. Read up on the E92, took a drive, was more than a little surprised at how stupid I was for disdaining the Werks. Ordered the convertible on the spot, sight unseen. Three kids and a wife. The wife follows in another vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 02:00 PM   #87
335 S
Vile and Depraved
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

All E9x M3 owners under the age of 22, and whose parents paid for said vehicle, I need to speak to those parents immediately. Driving M3s only leads to tobacco use, which leads to alcohol abuse, which leads to marijuana, then hard narcotics, and ultimately Ricky Martin.

Just. Walk. Away.

Last edited by 335 S; 09-22-2008 at 02:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #88
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 S View Post
All E9x M3 owners under the age of 22, and whose parents paid for said vehicle, I need to speak to those parents immediately. Driving M3s only leads to tobacco use, which leads to alcohol abuse, which leads to marijuana, then hard narcotics, and ultimately Ricky Martin.

Just. Walk. Away.
You get Herpes just by opening the door.
Appreciate 0