BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-15-2010, 06:28 PM   #89
outie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Taycan GTS

Garage List
Thanks for the info. I think it kind of makes sense because this issue has just started recently, which appears to be consistent with what he said. The cars were clearing much faster at the beginning of the year.

Sadly, it's now 3 weeks + 1 day and counting... no sign in sight it's going to clear soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #90
KnightsCapone
A pure fighting machine with only one desire - Win
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5 & 2015 F15 X5 5.0L

My car cleared customs in two weeks but is currently stuck in VPC. my dealer told me it was software issues...this is BS!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 09:48 PM   #91
outie
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
At least you cleared customs. Mine has been there 3 weeks, and then it'll probably get stuck at VPC like yours, for I don't know how long...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 02:21 PM   #92
SONET
Rep
Drives: BMW

I called US Customs (at the port) today hoping they could give me some indication of how long it's taking cars to go through and how much longer this might take, but they had no clue. All he could say was 'we have a huge number of cars lined up here right now' as though it was futile. Here's a solution: start processing them!

So I called BMWNA and inquired about the holdup. I suggest everyone here do the same. It may be out of their hands, but if they get enough calls in they may take the time to contact the port, and if that happens enough times maybe the port might get their act together. Not just for us, but for future ED'ers. They are going to get back to me about it today.

If I find a way to contact someone in a position of authority at the port, I'll post it here.

The squeeky wheel gets the oil... it's time for us to start squeeking. Please take 5 minutes today to call BMWNA to inquire about the holdup:

(800) 831-1117
"customer representative", "vehicle"

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 04:47 PM   #93
jt335
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 Coupe

Good idea... I just called a bit ago... got the "once it's out of the production phase, the sales side (dealers) have more info and ability to track things than we do"
He wasn't aware of any slowdowns on the west coast, when i asked him to ask around and check, he did, and mentioned someone else took a call mentioning the same (assuming this was you SONET!)
The manager was busy when i asked to speak to him, so I asked to pass allong a collective concern from at least 6 others... to have management call customs on behalf of BMW to get some sort of status.
The support guy was friendly/patient/polite and understood the frustration... but was realistic when he said "there just isn't much we can do..." and doubted that management could do anything about it...
The more folks call and raise the issue... maybe someone will get some sort of an answer/action.
I'd rather hear that customs is clearing millions of tons of bananas from Del Monte for a month, and cars are the least of it priority... than not hear anything at all!
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 05:20 PM   #94
jt335
Rep

I just got off the phone with a live customs agent at the port! (finally) I mentioned the brief story about the hold up... He confirmed that the leader docked on the 23rd, and said that it should not have taken any longer than 10 days to clear customs. He sounded surprised by the 3 week wait, and said it didn't sound right at all, and offered to do an status check for me.
I gave him my bill of lading # that I had previously obtained from EH Harms. He said he'd give me a ring back when he new what was going on....
I'll post as soon as I hear something back.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 05:46 PM   #95
SONET
Rep

:)

Great work! Keep us posted, I will do the same.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2010, 08:22 PM   #96
zeeshanb
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 6 Speed Jerez Black

I got mine on the 14th July. It actually arrived in San Francisco in the morning and my dealer (bmw of san francisco) was kind enough to expedite everything. So I picked it up late Wednesday.

Sorry for the late update as I was not home much. This car is just too much fun!

Best of Luck to all the rest.

2011 Jerez Black
Tech & Prem & 19 wheels
ED Pick on 5/4/2010 and dropped off in Veinna on 5/9/2010
Picked it up in San francisco on 7/14/2010
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 01:20 AM   #97
SONET
Rep

Thanks for the info. Strange that your car made it through like that. I'm glad it did! As of today mine is still sitting in customs and nobody has any idea why.

This is incompetence at its best. In the same time it has taken them to sign a single sheet of paper, my car traveled across the European continent by truck, was loaded onto a slow ship that traveled ~8,600 miles and finally unloaded to the port where it still sits today. I'm paying for the car, I have a key to it, and it's sitting an hour or so from me, but I can't drive it because some guy with a special sheet of paper is completely inept.

It's pretty hard to wrap my mind around all this. How hard can it be?!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 03:15 PM   #98
jt335
Rep

I'm equally as pissed... No call back from customs, left another message for the guy + details again yesterday. Now I'm thinking it was just lip-service to get me off the phone, or there's truly a big problem. Called BMW again, got the same "concern" but not much we can do for you treatment.
My next call is going to be to BMW financial services to dispute payment, pending some sort of status... or at the very least make my anger and appointment be known to as many folks at BMW as I can..

Congrats and thanks for the info zeeshanb!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 04:44 PM   #99
jt335
Rep

Just found out that my car and most of the other bmws on the Leader cleared customs on the 24th (25th at the latest), and it's sitting in a parking lot waiting for bmw to pick it up... Who me, angry?
Even worse are the conversations with my "case manager" @ customer service... Get this... I was able to file a complaint! Whoo Hoo!!
My next call is to my buddy who's a lawyer...
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2010, 05:44 PM   #100
bimmer_fam
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i MY2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt335 View Post
Just found out that my car and most of the other bmws on the Leader cleared customs on the 24th (25th at the latest), and it's sitting in a parking lot waiting for bmw to pick it up... Who me, angry?
Even worse are the conversations with my "case manager" @ customer service... Get this... I was able to file a complaint! Whoo Hoo!!
My next call is to my buddy who's a lawyer...
Hey, my car was on the same ship and is still reported as being stuck in customs by everyone who checked (dealer, BMW ED, supervisor of BMW ED department who returned my call yesterday etc.).
Are you saying they are all full of $hit and cars were released by customs nearly a month ago? What is the source of your info? Have you contacted BMW ED and have they confirmed that your car is going to/at VDC now?

Could it be that customs released quickly, but USDA has not yet?

Cheers

Last edited by bimmer_fam; 07-20-2010 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #101
SONET
Rep

I have been in touch with the port and EH Harms in Baltimore. The paperwork was completed today so we should be seeing our cars before too long. Hopefully there won't be any holdups at the VDC.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #102
bimmer_fam
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i MY2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONET View Post
I have been in touch with the port and EH Harms in Baltimore. The paperwork was completed today so we should be seeing our cars before too long. Hopefully there won't be any holdups at the VDC.
Yep, online status for mine just changed to "At Prep Center"... Let's see if BMW truly marks these as highest priority

Last edited by bimmer_fam; 07-21-2010 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 05:29 PM   #103
jt335
Rep

I've spend the last 3 days investigating the car issue.... and no less that 26 calls (oh yeah... I have a log).
Talked personally with the director of the port this morning. My huge thanks to Anthony Taormina and all the fine folks at the port (including the great guys at Customs!) that got the ball moving for us. If you ever run into Anthony in SoCal... buy that man a beer for us!
Everyones car on the Pleaides Leader who is still waiting, as well as BMW's from 2 other vessels that docked afterwards, are all now moving through the system.
We're getting closer guys!
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #104
jt335
Rep

Big thanks to SONET here as well for his "squeaky wheel", call BMW post... thats what got me fired up in the first place (if not for that, I'd still be waiting on customs.
(as well as the other ivestigating/calls to EH Harms!! too)
It looks like the wheel just wasn;t squeeky enought
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #105
SONET
Rep

I've been given an estimate of 25 July by my SA. They must have put us through the VDC in the same manner as everyone else. Not the best business decision, but at least things are moving now...
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 01:05 PM   #106
outie
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
My M3 has been released to trucking, and the 128i is still being worked on at the VPC. I am so glad the wait is almost finally over.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2010, 10:00 PM   #107
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt335 View Post
I've spend the last 3 days investigating the car issue.... and no less that 26 calls (oh yeah... I have a log).
Talked personally with the director of the port this morning. My huge thanks to Anthony Taormina and all the fine folks at the port (including the great guys at Customs!) that got the ball moving for us. If you ever run into Anthony in SoCal... buy that man a beer for us!
Everyones car on the Pleaides Leader who is still waiting, as well as BMW's from 2 other vessels that docked afterwards, are all now moving through the system.
We're getting closer guys!

jt335

A BIG Thanks to you & way to go on shaking up Customs. We need to send Anthony a big THANK You. Cars from the next ship "Morning Cedar" are now showing released through customs as well. Although BMWNA and my CA are so lame they still show "In route" even though the WW site shows them released. I've made a few "try and be pleasent" calls and emails myself the last couple of days.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2010, 03:31 AM   #108
jt335
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerrK View Post
jt335

A BIG Thanks to you & way to go on shaking up Customs. We need to send Anthony a big THANK You. Cars from the next ship "Morning Cedar" are now showing released through customs as well. Although BMWNA and my CA are so lame they still show "In route" even though the WW site shows them released. I've made a few "try and be pleasent" calls and emails myself the last couple of days.
No problem!!! Like I said.. SONET inspired me to take action with his post... everything after that was calls and persistence. But the real person to thank is Anthony... He runs the entire port, and after much work took my call... and is the sole person responsible for getting the responsible parties together on the phone to sort it all out.

Please be aware that none of our cars were ever "stuck in customs"!!! This is what has pissed me off the most!. Kieth and the fine folks at the US Customs @ the port, are great guys and have cleared our cars in less than two days on average, after they come off the boat! They're is no way that they can slack on processing... they have to pay a fine if they don't do there jobs fast enough (10% of the value of the cargo per day over the max processing time). The ineptitude and blame, unfortunately lies solely on the failure of EH Harms and BMW NA (the VPC) failure to keep a business process moving along.
If your happy that your car is moving... I suggest you send a thanks to Anthony (please don't call and harass him though!.. send a card/letter/gift basket instead). I only made calls... He was the one who made the "right calls" for us all, to get things moving. I'm personally going to send he and his staff a Harry & David basket for his amazing work.
If your as upset as I am.. I'd recommend not being content with your car moving along, but taking the time as SONET first mentioned to continually call customer service as make them aware of their failure to be aware of and fix this situation.. They definatley know who I am.. and I won't be paying for they're failures either.

</rant> wheww... sorry!

Congrats to everyone who has there cars, or will be getting there cars soon enough! (I'm slated for the 26th!). Post some pics already!!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #109
SONET
Rep

I picked up my car yesterday. Finally!

Thanks to everyone who 'squeeked'! I think it worked!

--SONET
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 07:07 PM   #110
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

ah guys i feel so bad, ive had my car since the 28th of june..

hang in itll be so worth it
Appreciate 0