BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

08-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #23
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
If aftermarket parts have shitty fitting then they shouldn't be charging you an arm and a leg for some cf...hmmm there's a thought
In a perfect world, yes.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #24
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 328i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH
Unfortunately, no aftermarket part fits perfectly. My Vorsteiner trunk fits at about a 9/10 after 3 hours of straight alignment work on it. Hope they get you taken care of!
Yes I already realize no aftermarket fits 100% (I stated that on my original post, if you read it entirely) but I'm not just talking about fitment issues here. Please read the entire original post. There were many issues that attributed to the original post.

################[Mac's '07 E93 328i]################
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #25
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598
If aftermarket parts have shitty fitting then they shouldn't be charging you an arm and a leg for some cf...hmmm there's a thought
Absolutely hit the nail on the head. And they shouldn't be using words such as "perfection" in their motto either.

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Hey OP I have had similiar problems as voresteiner as well. I had their GTS3 bumper and unfortunately my service rep at BMW damaged it. The first one for pretty well, but still alot of man hours had to go into for it to fit right. The second one I got was almost the exact opposite. Everything was off and a lot of adjustments had to be made. We are not just talking a MM or whatever..some areas like near the lights were off by inches with gaps.

If you are spending thousands on parts they should be pretty darn close. Or charge less. I wonder how their kits for for the 100-300k+ cars. Like bentleys, Ferrari, Porsche, etc...those parts are even more expensive and for cars that were mostly hand built. Be curious on the quality as well.

I had an Audi TTRS and replaced several stock parts (wing, rear diffuser, front splitter, etc..) and bought carbon fiber parts from a company called OSIR. These were the best quality and fitting parts I have ever had. Completely OEM fitment. The best part was all these parts cost less than my bumper for the M!!! I mean significantly less.

I have to say though. It's still beautiful stuff. It's all about quality crontrol and supply chain.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #27
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3
Hey OP I have had similiar problems as voresteiner as well. I had their GTS3 bumper and unfortunately my service rep at BMW damaged it. The first one for pretty well, but still alot of man hours had to go into for it to fit right. The second one I got was almost the exact opposite. Everything was off and a lot of adjustments had to be made. We are not just talking a MM or whatever..some areas like near the lights were off by inches with gaps.

If you are spending thousands on parts they should be pretty darn close. Or charge less. I wonder how their kits for for the 100-300k+ cars. Like bentleys, Ferrari, Porsche, etc...those parts are even more expensive and for cars that were mostly hand built. Be curious on the quality as well.

I had an Audi TTRS and replaced several stock parts (wing, rear diffuser, front splitter, etc..) and bought carbon fiber parts from a company called OSIR. These were the best quality and fitting parts I have ever had. Completely OEM fitment. The best part was all these parts cost less than my bumper for the M!!! I mean significantly less.

I have to say though. It's still beautiful stuff. It's all about quality crontrol and supply chain.
You are absolutely correct my friend. All about Quality Control! If it were my company, I wouldn't even let the part leave the facility in that state.

Thanks for feeling my pain man!

Appreciate 0