BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Mporium BMW

07-25-2010, 08:59 PM   #1
NFDoms2k1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cute Little Convertible

San Antonio shop for exhaust and possible (hopefully not) suspension work

Hey all, moved down here a few months ago and have just had terrible luck with my M.

The most recent issue - the back plastic jack pads failed with jackstands under them, which in turned failed and the car came down (only about 8 inches but still). I was jacking it up underneath the support structure just behind the differential and the jack which was not engaged but wasn't totally down either so the lifter part went up and hit god knows what. On top of that it was stuck under the car, in front of the diff. I actually had to get a tire fix-it kit jack from my beater to life the car up just to get the jack out which was stuck underneath.

Lots of other little details to explain how such a ridiculous thing could happen but the bottom line is that the car now makes a noise that sounds exactly like radio/television static. Ranges from soft to fairly loud.. Not really a vibration so I am hoping its not suspension related, and I put the car through its paces so I do not think the differential was damaged <knock on wood>. I did notice one of the exhaust pipes coming off the muffler (I have an RPi setup) is now like a millimeter off of one of the support struts coming off the place I jacked from. I am hoping that is the issue - the exhaust vibrating against the strut. Its not constant - in fact it wasn't until I got up to highway speed and was banking slightly when I first heard. Also would occasionally hear it when slowing down. Very random.

Anyway I am looking for a high quality and versatile shop to figure out exactly what the issue is and fix it. Can't believe this crap, just got it back last week after having to get my bumper fixed and painted from some idiot hitting me in a parking lot.
      07-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Soulspeed is in Austin, but sorry don't know of anything in San Antonio.
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0