BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

02-03-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
suprtran
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
FS/FEELER: 2006 MINI Cooper S JCW GP #1491 - Less than 17k miles

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
***DISCLAIMER: I am posting this for a friend of mine who is NOT a forum member. All correspondences/arrangements should be made with him via email***

This is a feeler for my 2006 MINI COOPER JCW S GP. This is #1491 of 2000 in the world, but only 415 total units made it to the states. For those familiar with Mini's, as you know this is a limited edition car to celebrate the end of 1st generation "21st Century" R53 Mini's. I am the 2nd owner, and the car was purchased as a weekend car. It's a great car, and a lot of fun. At this time I'm thinking about selling simply so I can move on to another car to play with - perhaps a Z roadster/coupe in the 2006/07 range. If someone is interested in a trade, that may be a possible conversation as well.

Price: $25,000obo.

Some basic information on what makes this "GP" edition more unique than a normal JCW Mini (besides the above mentioned only 415 units exist in US - maybe even less now as 30 cars were ordered by Laguna Seca Race Track and they blew through those during a kick off event when these cars landed in the states):
  • Assembled in Bertone, Italy from a “body-in-white” kit manufactured at the MINI plant in Oxford, England
  • The most powerful first generation production engine, with John Cooper Works upgrade, further boosted to approx 215hp / 180ftlb torque
  • Weight savings of almost 100lb by removing the rear seat and substituting aluminum rear control arms
  • Unique “Thunder Blue” body color, with silver roof and contrasting red mirror caps
  • Unique aero kit, including carbon fiber rear “wing” spoiler and underbody panelling for improved aerodynamics
  • Unique 18" lightweight wheels
  • Unique “anthracite” speedometer & rev counter dials
More information can be read up on @ www.gpmini.net

Some of the pictures shows SSR rims on the car, but it has since been removed and the stockers are back on. There are no rashes on the stock 18". For anyone who is concerned how the engine is, there has not been any modification done to the car's engine. Everything is stock in that regard, so the car is highly reliable and un-tampered with. Only "mods" are bolt on items listed below.

The sale includes:
  • Original red mirror caps
  • Mini Carbon Fiber mirror caps
  • Mini (GP specific) car cover
  • Mini Factory Harmon/ Kardon stereo (in box, lousy, and not used. Currently taking up dead weight in the glove compartment).
  • Upgraded Alpine Ipod/ Sirius player installed in dash.
  • Original Mini 18" wheels on upgraded Michelin PS2's (Approx 10K miles).
  • 1 spare Michelin PS2 tire (brand new with sticker tag still on).
  • Mini carpeted floor mats.
  • Mini winter (plastic/rubber) floor mats.
  • Window tint.
  • New brakes put in at 16k miles - original owner had Hawks pads on and I couldn't stand the squeaking sound so I replaced it.
  • Hidden 1.5" trailer hitch (for a bike rack). NOTE: Please see some of the pictures showing the rear of the car. The bumper itself was NOT modified in order to have this option. Mini designed the bumper to include a hole above the exhaust area that can allow a hitch to be use. The hole is normally just covered with a plastic cover. I personally never used the hitch before.
  • Clear Bra over lower hood and complete front bumper installed at purchase.
  • Front tow hook (presumably for looks, it's never been pulled with).
  • Schroth 4-point harness for driver and passenger. Quick clip on mounts installed and very concealed. Actual harnesses are tucked in the panel behind the doors. Installs in seconds. Like the trailer hitch, I personally have never used it yet. It was installed by the 1st owner of the vehicle.
  • Just ordered and received a Dinan strut tower bar - it was on sale so I couldn't resist =). Have not installed it yet.

If anyone have any questions, feel free to contact Wilson at wilsonchang168@gmail.com. Owner/car located in SoCal.

Attached Images

Last edited by suprtran; 02-14-2012 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Tuner1984
1 Stock M
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Slow

Garage List
2003 E46 M3  [0.00]
Never been a mini fan but this is sexy!

Current: E46 M3
Retired: 2009 E90 AW M3