BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

10-31-2009, 09:03 PM   #67
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Don't know. The elongated and "fattened nose" looks incredibly ugly. The front overhang is longer than the rear overhang. The IS350 has very athletic looks with short overhangs.
Maybe you should have a read of this thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...316798&page=10

Specifically posts 204-207.

I'd be happy to stop by so you could actually see one in person.
'Course all you'd be seeing is tailights.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 01:01 AM   #68
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
Maybe you should have a read of this thread:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...316798&page=10

Specifically posts 204-207.

I'd be happy to stop by so you could actually see one in person.
'Course all you'd be seeing is tailights.
Ofcourse, I have driven one at more than one occassion. I see one nearly every weekend.

It is just not me. It is more than a substantial number of people who say the samething including a couple who owned IS-Fs before their new M3. The elongated, thick nose looks downright ugly. I would not be admiring the looks of IS350, which I think looks better than 335i and as good as the E46 3-series looked.

IS-F front end looks fugly and there are no two ways about it. I still like the back end and just about everything until the b-pillar. This massive "brused nose swell" is a matter of messed up proportions. Some journalists have even called a "balooga whale hump". Feel free to disagree with me because you own one, but it does look fugly.

p.s. No I have no reason to dislike Lexus. I am probably the biggest fan on earth of the new Lexus LF-A project.

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 01:31 AM   #69
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Ofcourse, I have driven one at more than one occassion. I see one nearly every weekend.

It is just not me. It is more than a substantial number of people who say the samething including a couple who owned IS-Fs before their new M3. The elongated, thick nose looks downright ugly. I would not be admiring the looks of IS350, which I think looks better than 335i and as good as the E46 3-series looked.

IS-F front end looks fugly and there are no two ways about it. I still like the back end and just about everything until the b-pillar. This massive "brused nose swell" is a matter of messed up proportions. Some journalists have even called a "balooga whale hump". Feel free to disagree with me because you own one, but it does look fugly.

p.s. No I have no reason to dislike Lexus. I am probably the biggest fan on earth of the new Lexus LF-A project.

I'll start off by stating that I'm not a BMW hater. While I just joined, I did just sell my X5 yesterday and am looking at a new 5 series. I don't really care what the badge is on the hood....hence the MB, Lexus and BMW that recently occupied our stable.

Looks of course are always going to be subjective. I'm not sure if you're aware, but the hood bulge is not visible from the drivers seat....unlike the pimple on the hood of the M3.

Don't get me wrong, I love the M3 and was again looking at one a couple of days ago. Just my opinion, but I don't like the looks of the M3 sedan at all. The coupe is a whole different story. Had 2 doors been an option, I would have likely bought the M3 coupe. Pure beauty, imo.

I also can't understand the price difference of the M3. I priced one the other night and it came to $89K. When you can get a C63 or F for low $70K it doesn't seem worth it imo.....although it still makes more sense than my friend's $110K RS4.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 02:23 AM   #70
malujerry
Rep
Drives: ISF

Quote:
...When you can get a C63 or F for low $70K it doesn't seem worth it imo....
ISF for $70k is a bad deal imho. For example, Prestige Lexus in New Jersey (201-258-6173) has an 08 loaded ISF for $52k as of Halloween '09. Or you can order a 2010, base (w/o nav package) around $57k, or fully loaded (meaning everything in one easy package) for $64k.

Last edited by malujerry; 11-01-2009 at 02:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 09:42 AM   #71
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by malujerry View Post
ISF for $70k is a bad deal imho. For example, Prestige Lexus in New Jersey (201-258-6173) has an 08 loaded ISF for $52k as of Halloween '09. Or you can order a 2010, base (w/o nav package) around $57k, or fully loaded (meaning everything in one easy package) for $64k.
Hey malujerry.

Umm...I'm up in Canada, as is the gentleman that I have been discussing with...our prices are considerably higher up here...you should know that from the other site...lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 03:18 PM   #72
Sincity
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 vs C63-undecided.EDIT: C63

Not sure how Lexus could get away with a shorter front; it is a function due to the larger engine. If they made the dome shorter, then everyone will complain that it looks like a M3. Look at a regular C Class and C63 and you will find that the C63 is several inches longer.

Kleemanized C63
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #73
malujerry
Rep
Drives: ISF

Quote:
Hey malujerry.

Umm...I'm up in Canada, as is the gentleman that I have been discussing with...our prices are considerably higher up here...you should know that from the other site...lol.
i forgot about the Canadian price difference!
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #74
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
E39 M5? Was sick at the time, but I see one now and it looks like its 15 years old.
+1. e39 m5 and e46 m3 are not even close in term of standing the test of time. e39 m5 does look very out dated each time I see one on the street.
Appreciate 0