BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

06-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #419
1M_@teewhybs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E82

Garage List
2010 BMW M3  [8.34]
ADV1 SUCKS
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 01:58 AM   #420
Tra08R
Money never sleeps
Australia
Rep
Drives: e92 - 2007

YouTube ADV.1 and look at their 2012 video, jodan and other presidents are in the vid talking about growth and you can actually see what their factory looks like. Judge for yourself.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #421
sterile stork
coupe la goon
United_States
Rep
Drives: green, black, white

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra08R View Post
YouTube ADV.1 and look at their 2012 video, jodan and other presidents are in the vid talking about growth and you can actually see what their factory looks like. Judge for yourself.
Again, they don't have a factory. They spend more on graphics that reflect an engineering process than manufacturing quality components, as it is contracted out.

Bottom line, buying ADV1 is the surest way to throw out money. Not gonna argue with you as you do it, however you'll realize just how sure of a poor purchase it was when you try and sell them later, as no one will want them for anything above the price of VMRs.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:53 AM   #422
khanhdom
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: IG: khanhdom

Garage List
2015 BMW M4 F83  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post
Again, they don't have a factory. They spend more on graphics that reflect an engineering process than manufacturing quality components, as it is contracted out.

Bottom line, buying ADV1 is the surest way to throw out money. Not gonna argue with you as you do it, however you'll realize just how sure of a poor purchase it was when you try and sell them later, as no one will want them for anything above the price of VMRs.
do you have any personal experience with the poor quality? or have you just seen a few forum threads about it and basically that made your mind for you? I'm just curious.

This TT 2R Gallardo built by Trust with 1700hp+ is on ADV1 and plenty of other Gallardos and GTRs at TX2k going in insane speed: http://www.luxury4play.com/lamborghi...white-red.html

That car is worth $300k+ and those aren't his first ADV1 wheels and he has a crazy stable of cars. He's trusting his life that the quality of ADV1 wheels will be able to hold with that much power. He had HRE's before the ADV1 on his Gallardo as well.

I'm just saying, I seen so many 1000+ HP cars with ADV1 and people are just bringing up like a couple of bad threads from years ago. Just blindly saying a product sucks, does good for no one.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #423
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430, Aston V12 VS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
You bought an f430 and went with ADV. Why? You like liars?
My previous ADV.1 wheels were perfect, same as my friend's with ADV.1 wheels.
All are actual experience btw and actual owners.

Most people just hate something nice that they couldn't afford. They usually just say anything like this is overpriced and junk.
I can't afford a Richard Mille watch, it's a very nice piece but I don't hate it.
I think my AP watch is overpriced, but I love it even though a Casio watch or my iPhone can do the same thing or better.
Same with my wife's $10K Hermes purse etc, they're overpriced but I don't hate them.

You prob don't know me, if for some reason I find something wrong with my ADV.1 wheels, for sure it will be all over social media, forums, jalopnik etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 02:03 PM   #424
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieRenaldi View Post
My previous ADV.1 wheels were perfect, same as my friend's with ADV.1 wheels.
All are actual experience btw and actual owners.

Most people just hate something nice that they couldn't afford. They usually just say anything like this is overpriced and junk.
I can't afford a Richard Mille watch, it's a very nice piece but I don't hate it.
I think my AP watch is overpriced, but I love it even though a Casio watch or my iPhone can do the same thing or better.
Same with my wife's $10K Hermes purse etc, they're overpriced but I don't hate them.

You prob don't know me, if for some reason I find something wrong with my ADV.1 wheels, for sure it will be all over social media, forums, jalopnik etc.
The only thing I got out of that was that your wife has a $10k purse.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #425
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #426
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP

LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #427
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Yup, just in case you don't know, $5K-plus purses are not unheard nowadays.
It doesn't surprise me at all some people buy $1K Balmain jeans, couple hundred dollars designer shirt, $1K Exoticare floormats, $20K Vertu phone, $5K for a small 30" Scud CF splitter, $200 lightbulb etc as long as they have the means and feel good about it.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 04:15 PM   #428
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

I noticed a lot of posts (including mine) got deleted from this thread.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #429
Prestigefrzn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
I don't know why everyone bashes ADV1
Not sure if you guys follow Pertplus on Instagram... But he just ordered a set of ADV's for his car. This is the same guy that had a million sets of HRE and vowed to use nothing else. I am not saying anything bad about him so you guys don't take it the wrong way. All I'm saying is he spoke bad about them and is giving them a chance to make right. He said it himself, if they mess up, then lesson learned. But he's giving them a chance.

I know Jordan personally and also had a set on my E46 M3. Many people in this thread have never had any direct dealings with the company, but are quick to jump on the hate bandwagon. They are just going with the masses and saying the same thing. Like any business, there comes ups and downs. Were things dealt with incorrectly in the past. Yes I will agree. But ADV.1 has done what they could to make right and taking things in a different direction. I know it takes a long time to build back your reputation once it was tainted, but it is possible.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 07:44 PM   #430
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Same as SW new Aventador, he's running ADV.1, Josh Cartu (race car driver) Speciale and countless other Ferraris & Lambos.
If you don't know SW, just google: SW twin turbo
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 07:55 PM   #431
Prestigefrzn
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11' M3

Quote:
Same as SW new Aventador, he's running ADV.1, Josh Cartu (race car driver) Speciale and countless other Ferraris & Lambos.
Exactly. He was diehard HRE. Whats up Ronnie, love the new car. When I saw the new wheels you were putting on it I flipped. Car looks nothing short of amazing. Time to update that Sig pic
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 09:07 PM   #432
tinman831
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Goes to show that when one's reputation is tarnished, it's hard to regain peoples trust, even years later. It's a shame, because ADV makes some great looking wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 09:41 PM   #433
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
He's right up the street from me. And just b/c he does something, doesn't mean I will. I don't follow other people, I make my own path.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #434
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestigefrzn View Post
Exactly. He was diehard HRE. Whats up Ronnie, love the new car. When I saw the new wheels you were putting on it I flipped. Car looks nothing short of amazing. Time to update that Sig pic
Thanks! I'm going to do some real photoshoots when the car is done 100%
My ADV.1 wheels look sick (and super light too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterile stork View Post

Can VMR wheels make 20x12 weighing only 21.4 lbs for $1399/set? LOL
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:05 PM   #435
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
It doesn't matter who is running them on their cars, money doesn't buy intelligence. Many of those people may not participate in forums or know about their sordid past.
Have you seen the quality of the wheels on this thread? Have you read the stories? Have you seen how these guys handled the entire situation with the lies, fake TUV paperwork, tapdancing shenanigans and other random acts? They are deceptive. I tell everyone to NOT buy ADV wheels because of this history. They are good salesmen; this is why their wheels (Which are really nice looking) continue to appear on all these cars.
When I start seeing ADV on F1/DTM/ANY true actual track racecar and not just pretty Aventadors and F430s, then we will know they have actually changed their quality control. In the meantime, they are great for static displays. Very photogenic!
Attached Images

06-23-2014, 10:14 PM   #436
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Thos extra holes are for weight savings... really.

ADV has really tapped the rich folks who really know nothing about wheels.
More money than brains... and yes, I could easily afford a set or two of ADV's, but why the hell would I do that??

In the other thread that was not meant to bash any particular company, but a warning to others about shady wheel companies.
ADV jumped in and claimed they're TUV, then they BLATANLY LIED and said they couldn' post people over company's would copy their certificate.
HRE comes along and posts all their TUV certifications for all to copy.

A few months later, ADV makes a big deal about being TUV certified "now" on their website, but when people start to dig, they don't see any company associated with their "certification."

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 06-23-2014 at 10:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 11:17 PM   #437
RonnieRenaldi
I love
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
It doesn't matter who is running them on their cars, money doesn't buy intelligence. Many of those people may not participate in forums or know about their sordid past.
Have you seen the quality of the wheels on this thread? Have you read the stories? Have you seen how these guys handled the entire situation with the lies, fake TUV paperwork, tapdancing shenanigans and other random acts? They are deceptive. I tell everyone to NOT buy ADV wheels because of this history. They are good salesmen; this is why their wheels (Which are really nice looking) continue to appear on all these cars.
Welcome to two years ago...should I find the HRE wheels crack incident from years ago and start a drama based on that? LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
ADV has really tapped the rich folks who really know nothing about wheels.
More money than brains... and yes, I could easily afford a set or two of ADV's, but why the hell would I do that??
Yeah, looks like you're the smartest person in the world. And people that work hard to be successful enough to be able to afford exotic cars are all dumb and certainly don't have brain, including me :P
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 12:48 AM   #438
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Welcome to two years ago...should I find the HRE wheels crack incident from years ago and start a drama based on that? LOL

Yeah, looks like you're the smartest person in the world. And people that work hard to be successful enough to be able to afford exotic cars are all dumb and certainly don't have brain, including me :P
Sigh... The difference is the way HRE handled the situation. Period. And I never called rich people dumb. I merely stated that having money doesn't necessarily make you intelligent. Kudos to you for working hard and making money. But I'm not here to pick a fight with any one individual, just to make sure people know about ADV and their shady methods. Word of mouth goes far. Enjoy your wheels... I wish you and your passengers luck.

Oh, and it should say "don't have a brain, including me :P"
      06-24-2014, 06:39 AM   #439
kawasaki00
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG-E92 ESS-650 BPM Tune

Welcome to the new America, it all started with Bill Clinton lying to the entire world on television about getting his crank pulled. The problem is nobody cares that he lied about it. Same as ADV1, I think the wheels look good but if you lie to me about the certification I just dont want to do business.
Makes you wonder how many of these so called "Rich" people do business through lie, cheat and steal just to get to that status.
      06-24-2014, 07:58 AM   #440
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Thanks! I'm going to do some real photoshoots when the car is done 100%
My ADV.1 wheels look sick (and super light too)

Can VMR wheels make 20x12 weighing only 21.4 lbs for $1399/set? LOL
Let me be the first to say your car looks freaken gorgeous. I've been a fan of all your cars.

In regards to the wheels, you could get a set of fully custom wheels made by BC Forged for well under $5000.

Also with no TUV certificate if that's the kind of things that matter to you. Just because that F430 owner is running BC Forged doesn't mean I'm going to automatically trust them too (I actually almost bought brand new BC Forged before I went with a used set of HRE's that I couldn't turn down).

I don't know about ADV1, but HRE has a lifetime warranty on their wheels. When you are spending that much, this was a huge factor for me, not to mention I've never seen nothing but impeccable customer service.

Like I said, you have a gorgeous car. If you are happy with everything, that's really all that matters. But I personally won't be trusting ADV.1 anytime soon after the stunt they pulled before (and not just on this forum either).

Straight from HRE:
HRE wheel failures?: HRE has experienced wheel failures, particularly on older models from years ago. HRE has been in business for a long time and the strength and quality of our wheels is substantially different today then say in the ‘90s. Even today we challenge ourselves with our racing efforts and while we have and will continue to win championships, we recognize the possibility of having a potential failure in the future given the nature of pushing the limit in professional motorsport. In fact, a well designed motorsport wheel will eventually have its fatigue life run out of it and fail if it is not retired after its useful life. However, we do NOT expect to have wheel failures on the street. We have a LIFETIME STRUCTURAL WARRANTY for a reason. Our wheels are meant to be lightweight but they should still last the life of your vehicle so if it has our name on it we will take responsibility for it.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0