BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

08-10-2010, 12:07 AM   #23
11' AW M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11' ZCP E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanium View Post
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7327099

Since that thread was never fully disclosed further information, might be interested in the front lip though
My question, where is exactly vorstiner products made? California?
oh snap haha.
      08-10-2010, 01:27 AM   #24
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanium View Post

Since that thread was never fully disclosed further information, might be interested in the front lip though
All Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber products are hand made in their manufacturing and production facility headquartered in Orange, CA.

Not sure what "source" people are getting their information from, but Vorsteiner CF products are not made in Taiwan.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 02:39 AM   #25
Dartanium
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW View Post
All Vorsteiner Carbon Fiber products are hand made in their manufacturing and production facility headquartered in Orange, CA.

Not sure what "source" people are getting their information from, but Vorsteiner CF products are not made in Taiwan.
Nobody said parts were made in Taiwan... excluding the owner lol
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #26
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

what about the ericcson trunk>
      08-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #27
MolanM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW View Post

How do you know it's not made in Taiwan? Where is your proof?

A lot of members want to know where exactly is the Vorstiener manufacturing facilities are. Are you sure 100% it's in Orange, CA? show us the proof, is really in CA? I'm pretty sure you guys haven't see their factory neither. If you had seen it, so please post a picture of their factory or ask them to send you a pic of the factory. Why are they scared to post a picture of their factory? there are nothing to hide. If you have no proof, so please stop your BS with their products and promote their company images. It's really bother me and other members from this forums when I see you guys said how good this company is, etc.

Another question for you, why do you guys sell Taiwanese or Chinese made products on your website, when you said they are bad?

Last edited by MolanM3; 08-11-2010 at 03:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 03:33 AM   #28
MolanM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92M3Guy View Post
Vorsteiner has great marketing skills. They are a built replica company themselves. CSL trunks are all BMW ideas so its not really rocket science when they start talking about fitment here and there...vorsteiner has a whole gang of fitment issues. Just go with whichever is most reasonable and has the greatest reviews by the enthusiast, not a vendor. Vendors here are to make money and not be your friend.
+1000

I agree with E92M3Guy. They are here to suck your $$$$, NOT your friend.

If you post something like "i am looking for this xxxx" you will see a bunch of vendors trying to sell you this and that.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #29
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolanM3 View Post
+1000

I agree with E92M3Guy. They are here to suck your $$$$, NOT your friend.

If you post something like "i am looking for this xxxx" you will see a bunch of vendors trying to sell you this and that.
Caveat Emptor, my friend.
Today, it's law. But originally, it was an economic principle.

Translated to "let the buyer beware," caveat emptor describes the phenomenon by which dishonest sellers will be ejected from the market place by market forces (loss of repeat business, word of mouth, etc.)

We firmly believe in this. That's why we don't sell junk. And we believe it's also why we're continuing to grow after 7 years, when the average shelf life of a start-up in general is 4 years, and in this industry, less than 2 years.

That doesn't mean our primary interest is to be your BFF... no, we are here to sell product. Nobody denies that. However, both economic principles and our own company policies dictate that we will always be forthright and truthful with our customers.

On that note, this company is founded, owned, and run by car enthusiasts. We "get it," so to speak.

We really believe in Vorsteiner product. We run it on our own cars. We've used competitors products, and we see customers come in every day to our shop with the "other" stuff. We can spot the difference a mile away... and that's the honest truth.

Regardless, we'll have some developments coming in the near future that will shed some more light on what Vorsteiner is all about. Sit tight, we won't disappoint.

P.S. For years, I've had an open invitation to any customers who complain about Vorsteiner fitment or quality: "Contact us if you have any problems, send us photos, and we will make it right. We will work with Vorsteiner to make you a happy customer, even if you didn't buy from us." To date, I can think of maybe 2 people who have actually approached me about it. Why is that?

Last edited by SV Concepts; 08-11-2010 at 12:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #30
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolanM3 View Post
How do you know it's not made in Taiwan?...
You're totally out of line.

-I've been to Vorsteiner's manufacturing facility. So have numerous other vendors. Your claims are completely unsubstantiated B.S. - we don't need to "prove" anything to you. Nonetheless, you're welcome to drive by Vorsteiner any time and smell the smell of curing resin from the parking lot.

-Are you kidding? Yeah, we'll post photos of how Vorsteiner parts are made so that their competitors can copy their methods. That's going to happen.

-We sure do sell stuff from Taiwan. But never full body panels like a hood or bootlid. For interior trim, some front grills, etc... who cares if it's wet or dry, it's cosmetic. For a hood or a bootlid... different story entirely.
I'll also note that due to molding and equipment costs, injection molded (ABS/PP/PU) products are generally the same quality in Taiwan/China, and cost a lot less. You guys demand M3 style bumpers for $399... Not gonna happen in the U.S. Sorry.

We'll be doing some sort of photo shoot at Vorsteiner in the near future, of course with limited access due to privileged information etc.. But it should be enough to sufficiently cover your face with egg.

Till then, I'm done entertaining conspiracy theories. It's just absurd.

If you don't understand the difference, don't buy it.
If you think it's expensive, I refer you to Ericsson ($7,000 for a hood) or Challenge ($2300 for a bootlid) and remind you that Vorsteiner is actually a bargain for true dry vacuum carbon fiber.
If you're interested in understanding the difference, call us or stop in to our showroom and see what Vorsteiner is all about.

Last edited by SV Concepts; 08-11-2010 at 12:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #31
MolanM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
You're totally out of line.

-I've been to Vorsteiner's manufacturing facility. So have numerous other vendors. Your claims are completely unsubstantiated B.S. - we don't need to "prove" anything to you. Nonetheless, you're welcome to drive by Vorsteiner any time and smell the smell of curing resin from the parking lot.

-Are you kidding? Yeah, we'll post photos of how Vorsteiner parts are made so that their competitors can copy their methods. That's going to happen.

We'll be doing some sort of photo shoot at Vorsteiner in the near future, of course with limited access due to privileged information etc.. But it should be enough to sufficiently cover your face with egg.

Till then, I'm done entertaining conspiracy theories. It's just absurd.

NO need to type out all this explanation and try cover up for the Vorsteiner. We all know there is something fishy about this company.

You think one single photo of the facility will allow the competitors to copy their manufacturing method? I don't think so.

Quote:
Nonetheless, you're welcome to drive by Vorsteiner any time and smell the smell of curing resin from the parking lot.
Maybe you only smell curing resin from the mold making in the parking lot, not the product it self. They don't have the capacity to manufacture all the pieces/volume. I'm pretty sure they have a factory in Taiwan/China.

Show us the pic!!!! You know a Photo mean a thousand words. This can only proof you and Vorsteiner are innocent.

Quote:
If you think it's expensive, I refer you to Ericsson ($7,000 for a hood) or Challenge ($2300 for a bootlid) and remind you that Vorsteiner is actually a bargain for true dry vacuum carbon fiber.
Because their products are REAL dry vacuum Carbon Fiber. NOT like Vorsteiner (just yours and their marketing strategy)

btw, didn't someone already cut the vorsteiner front lip in half? there were a FRP inside the CF core layer....

Last edited by MolanM3; 08-12-2010 at 12:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #32
SV Concepts II
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

This is obviously getting into a heated debate.

In any event, as we have reiterated above, we will be visiting their manufacturing facility located in Southern California and will report back with photos and a full write up soon enough. Everyone will get the "proof" that they are seeking and then some.

Until then, let's move on amicably

Last edited by SV Concepts II; 08-11-2010 at 11:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2010, 12:11 AM   #33
///M 4 Life
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 ///M6 CP

wow talk about off subject!! lol! funny though!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #34
Dengel
Non-Guido Jersey Resident
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow Jeep Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlevi SW View Post
Nonetheless, you're welcome to drive by Vorsteiner any time and smell the smell of curing resin from the parking lot.
Or they can drive by your shop and smell the Bong resin cause you have got to be smoking something to treat potential customers like this. You have proven yourself to be very unprofessional just now and Im sure im not the only one who feels this way.

To the OP, save your money, go with JL.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #35
///M 4 Life
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengel View Post
Or they can drive by your shop and smell the Bong resin cause you have got to be smoking something to treat potential customers like this. You have proven yourself to be very unprofessional just now and Im sure im not the only one who feels this way.

To the OP, save your money, go with JL.
hahahah! Thanks Bro! People get so defensive when they get put down!! To everyone who makes trunks!! You do a great job keep it up!! LOL! Who cares who makes the damn products as long as they work!
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #36
Dengel
Non-Guido Jersey Resident
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow Jeep Rubicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M 4 Life View Post
hahahah! Thanks Bro! People get so defensive when they get put down!! To everyone who makes trunks!! You do a great job keep it up!! LOL! Who cares who makes the damn products as long as they work!
NP man. Where in Central Jersey are you? Ive been looking for some locals.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2010, 10:07 PM   #37
LV-E92M3
Lieutenant
Afghanistan
Rep
Drives: Donkey

Shit VRS stuffs are made in Taiwan/ China? I've bought some stuffs from Jleivsw and I liked them a lot. I hope they are not made in some Asian countries.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2010, 04:14 PM   #38
///M 4 Life
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengel View Post
NP man. Where in Central Jersey are you? Ive been looking for some locals.
I'm in the freehold englishtown area of jersey!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #39
unclejesse1
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 13 f13 M6 Sakhir, 12 GTR SS

Originally Posted by Jlevi SW

The suggestion that a wet lay product is comparable is a joke. Even if it fits well now, let's talk in a year when it's yellowed and warped. I'm a huge advocate of Taiwan for a lot of products... Lighting, plastics, even some of our electronics come from there. But when you're talking about a huge panel of your car... Stick to American, German, Swedish, or Japanese manufacturers. I have yet to see decent dry carbon out of china or Taiwan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moko
haha..

NO, they are not a Germany company; this company ran by a Chinese American in California, USA.

here is the owner pic; guess which one is him?

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #40
Werked M fizzle
Private
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

I've got VRS pieces on my M5... Fitment on my pieces wasn't great... Actually the fitment on my diffuser was horrible... Acouple of the tabs on the left side didn't even line up with the holes... When I get my M3 you can bet I'll be putting the extra cash in my pocket and going with another product...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2010, 03:25 AM   #41
Jameson@Alpine
Rep
Drives: BMW

We carry an identical replica of the Vorsteiner trunk. Same as JL's, to be accurate.

Fitment is guaranteed, and you cant tell the difference. It comes in Carbon Fiber as well.

Vorsteiner are great products, but the price differences are just uncomparable.

Both great products.
Appreciate 0