BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

BPM

08-27-2012, 11:45 PM   #23
kwike92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

damn that thing looks super clean...i wish i had the time and patience and skills to do that to my MR
      08-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #24
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsisNA View Post

You changed your name! I've been great E, how've you been? Took a break from detailing to work on my family's company, got married recently too. Just started the detailing side of things back up.
Congrats on your marriage.
Yeah I changed my name. Just wanted something different.
I've been good. Since I became a nurse, and working in a hospital, I have more responsibilities. Parents are after me to get married too. . Doesn't escape them.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #25
jonbig12
Rep
Drives: 09 370z

Wow! Looks great.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #26
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 02:03 AM   #27
kaiv
IG: limited.slip
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 in a 325i Touring body!

Unbelievable work!

I assume this can only be done so many times though; otherwise the clearcoat/paint would get too thin?! I'm a noob when it comes to detailing, sorry if this is a stupid question.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #28
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Oh
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 03:12 AM   #29
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep

Em
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 03:13 AM   #30
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep

Gee!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 03:17 AM   #31
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep

Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 03:42 AM   #32
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Hey Eric. Thanks again for the amazing job you did on my car.
I am still smiling from ear to ear... I already got a complement today on how clean the car is. You seriously restored my love for my car. Feels like I got a new car. It's amazing. I am scared to touch it.

I seriously neglected my car to a point where I thought there was no return. There were scratches all over.... mysterious goop that hardened on to the paint... swirl mark that made the car finish look dull. When I first showed him the car, I felt ashamed. I had serious doubts because I thought it was beyond the realm of paint correction. What surprised me was Eric seemed to enjoy the challenge. He went over the procedure with me and gave me his assurance.

After Eric (EclipsisNA) worked his magic, all the imperfection on the paint were gone. On areas where he wet sanded (trunk) even the orange peel was gone... makes me want to wet send the whole car. Result was better than I could ever hope for. He worked around my schedule so I could drop my car off in the evening and even worked on my car on his birthday (sunday) to get it back to me before Monday. He kept me up to date on the progress. It was just a pleasurable experience from beginning to end. He even gave me a purchase list and tips on how to maintain the paint.

If your car feels old and beat up and you don't feel the same passion you used to feel when you first got the car, don't build and price a new car online. Instead, contact EclipisisNA. He will rekindle that fire. It's a no brainer if your in socal.

Last edited by leJUNd; 08-28-2012 at 04:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 03:51 AM   #33
leJUNd
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiv View Post
Unbelievable work!

I assume this can only be done so many times though; otherwise the clearcoat/paint would get too thin?! I'm a noob when it comes to detailing, sorry if this is a stupid question.
He takes off minimal amount of paint required to achieve the maximum shine. Even on my terribly mistreated paint, he has only taken off tiny fraction of the clear coat... don't have the exact figure but something little as 2-3% if that....
Theoretically, I guess you could do it too much but realistically no.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 06:58 AM   #34
JerezblackM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 dct

My jerezblack needs you
      08-28-2012, 07:13 AM   #35
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by accordingi2ime View Post
I am still smiling from ear to ear... I already got a complement today on how clean the car is. You seriously restored my love for my car. Feels like I got a new car. It's amazing. I am scared to touch it.

I seriously neglected my car to a point where I thought there was no return. There were scratches all over.... mysterious goop that hardened on to the paint... swirl mark that made the car finish look dull. When I first showed him the car, I felt ashamed. I had serious doubts because I thought it was beyond the realm of paint correction. What surprised me was Eric seemed to enjoy the challenge. He went over the procedure with me and gave me his assurance.

After Eric (EclipsisNA) worked his magic, all the imperfection on the paint were gone. On areas where he wet sanded (trunk) even the orange peel was gone... makes me want to wet send the whole car. Result was better than I could ever hope for. He worked around my schedule so I could drop my car off in the evening and even worked on my car on his birthday (sunday) to get it back to me before Monday. He kept me up to date on the progress. It was just a pleasurable experience from beginning to end. He even gave me a purchase list and tips on how to maintain the paint.

If your car feels old and beat up and you don't feel the same passion you used to feel when you first got the car, don't build and price a new car online. Instead, contact EclipisisNA. He will rekindle that fire. It's a no brainer if your in socal.
That's what I call great service and even better work. That looks BETTER than when it came out of the factory. We are not worthy!
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 07:22 AM   #36
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Looks amazing. Out of curiosity, approximately how long did this take?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 08:21 AM   #37
B.Haven
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 ///M3, '08 550i ///M-Sport

Quote:
Thank you for the positive remarks everyone.

If you can get your car to southern CT, you're in luck
.... this place in CT you speak of... Where... And what is it called?

I can be there on short notice if needed. Lol
      08-28-2012, 11:49 PM   #38
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:

It was a pleasure working with you David, and I really appreciate your compliments. The best clients to work with, and this probably goes for any profession, are the ones that truly appreciate the work that's being done. I've had clients that just see a shiny car and are mildly happy; others like yourself see the result as something special, which in my eyes it is. I try to create something that few other detailers can create, so when people see that, it makes me smile. Again, thank you for everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Congrats on your marriage.
Yeah I changed my name. Just wanted something different.
I've been good. Since I became a nurse, and working in a hospital, I have more responsibilities. Parents are after me to get married too. . Doesn't escape them.
Is marriage something you're looking for or is it just the parents? For me I found the right woman and everything just fell into place.

Quote:
Unbelievable work!

Clear coat depth is only so thick, so yes, this can only be done a certain amount of times, but that amount is probably quite large. How many times is dependent on how thick the clear is and how much needs to be removed per correction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Looks amazing. Out of curiosity, approximately how long did this take?
Probably around 50 hours of work. 5 sanding grades on the trunk, plus 3 compound/polish/jeweling grades on the rest of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Haven View Post
.... this place in CT you speak of... Where... And what is it called?

I can be there on short notice if needed. Lol
New Canaan, CT.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #39
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

I have E90M3 as well.
How much do you charge for full cleaning like that?
Can you pm me an estimate and contact info please?

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 04:17 AM   #40
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I assume this can only be done so many times though; otherwise the clearcoat/paint would get too thin?!
Even when you are polishing and waxing, the clear coat is being thinned down. Thus, regardless, that clear coat is not going to last forever. That's why polishing, and waxing the car will bring the shine and the protection back.
Quote:
I seriously neglected my car to a point where I thought there was no return. There were scratches all over.... mysterious goop that hardened on to the paint... swirl mark that made the car finish look dull. When I first showed him the car, I felt ashamed. I had serious doubts because I thought it was beyond the realm of paint correction.
Don't underestimate the work of a perfectionist. Just take care of of this car. She is a beauty.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #41
eclipsisNA
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by positiveions View Post
Even when you are polishing and waxing, the clear coat is being thinned down. Thus, regardless, that clear coat is not going to last forever. That's why polishing, and waxing the car will bring the shine and the protection back.
It would take quite a lot of polishing to wear it down to the point where the clear is compromised. If done properly, you can get multiple details out of a clear coat's lifespan, but hopefully the owner revises their maintenance techniques before that happens.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #42
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It would take quite a lot of polishing to wear it down to the point where the clear is compromised. If done properly, you can get multiple details out of a clear coat's lifespan, but hopefully the owner revises their maintenance techniques before that happens.
true.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 05:46 PM   #43
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
I have E90M3 as well.
How much do you charge for full cleaning like that?
Can you pm me an estimate and contact info please?
Plz pm me as well, elipsisNA.

I have a Jerez Black E90 M3 with lots of swirls and holograms...
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #44
desertfox73
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 F83 / 2018 F85

This looks unbelievable. I'd love to do this to my jet black! Any idea of someone in Dallas who does this work?
Appreciate 0