BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

BPM

07-12-2015, 11:41 PM   #1
cheweihu
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Bay area car wash? (two bucket)

Hi everyone,

Recently just had my car detailed at Detail Addict and I have been really busy and had no time to wash my car. I have been trying to find a car wash service/shop that utilizes two bucket method but had no dice so far. I need to find a shop/service that I can bring my car in/come to my place every other week but just want to make sure they use the right method. Has anyone tried Auto Platinum Detail in Palo Alto? Other recommendation?

Thanks,

jared
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 01:14 AM   #2
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
How was the experience at detail addict?
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 02:05 PM   #3
Yoddha
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Detail Addict does use the two bucket method I believe. Haven't gotten my car detailed in a while, so I could be mistaken. Do let us know how your experience there was as I am thinking about taking my car back there
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 04:09 PM   #4
m9bm
Bad Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 335d fake M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheweihu View Post
Hi everyone,

Recently just had my car detailed at Detail Addict and I have been really busy and had no time to wash my car. I have been trying to find a car wash service/shop that utilizes two bucket method but had no dice so far. I need to find a shop/service that I can bring my car in/come to my place every other week but just want to make sure they use the right method. Has anyone tried Auto Platinum Detail in Palo Alto? Other recommendation?

Thanks,

jared
I have good experience with automated touchless car washes.

Then I go home and finish up the job myself
      07-13-2015, 04:39 PM   #5
cheweihu
Private
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
How was the experience at detail addict?
I will share my experience after I am home today.

However, after confirmed with Detail Addict that their Bronze Package is for maintenance and won't thining the exist clear coat I figured that's some thing I can manage to do once a month. Just made an appointment with them!

m9bm thanks for sharing! will check it out later!!

Thanks,

jared
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #6
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheweihu View Post
I will share my experience after I am home today.

However, after confirmed with Detail Addict that their Bronze Package is for maintenance and won't thining the exist clear coat I figured that's some thing I can manage to do once a month. Just made an appointment with them!

m9bm thanks for sharing! will check it out later!!

Thanks,

jared
Woah.. you don't need to do a bronze package every month! That's overkill.

You need a regular car wash every month, not a detail with a 1 step polish and sealant/wax.

You should ask them for the price on a regular car wash. You probably only need a bronze or so every 3-6 months.
      07-13-2015, 05:38 PM   #7
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by m9bm View Post
I have good experience with automated touchless car washes.

Then I go home and finish up the job myself
this is what I do as well.

I go to a touchelss car wash at a Chevron, buy the cheapest wash which is simply just a shampoo and rinse these days. It removes the grimest dirt off the car. Then go home and do a hand wash and wax. It'll save you a ton of time and water.

Then, once every 2-3 weeks run through a touchless again (cheapest wash) and it'll retain the wax that you've put on.

Again the key thing is to buy the cheapest wash as the more expensive wash puts all sort of unknown "sealant" and "protectant" on it.
      07-13-2015, 05:47 PM   #8
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I feel bad washing my car in my driveway since CA won't have water in a year and all the almond farmers are planting new trees

I use a self wash place and bring my buckets and goodies with me.
I use the hot water gun to fill my buckets and hose down the car and then shut off the timer so my card won't get charged and proceed to wash by hand.

I run my CC again and use the hose down feature and then just hand wipe.
It's $6 to hand wash my car and priceless not to have the water Nazi's call the water district on me and give me a huge fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 06:02 PM   #9
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Woah.. you don't need to do a bronze package every month! That's overkill.

You need a regular car wash every month, not a detail with a 1 step polish and sealant/wax.

You should ask them for the price on a regular car wash. You probably only need a bronze or so every 3-6 months.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 06:02 PM   #10
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
I feel bad washing my car in my driveway since CA won't have water in a year and all the almond farmers are planting new trees

I use the hot water gun to fill my buckets and hose down the car and then shut off the timer so my card won't get charged and proceed to wash by hand.

It's $6 to hand wash my car and priceless not to have the water Nazi's call the water district on me and give me a huge fine.
pretty soon, the water gestapo will be on to you at your self-wash locations. Best bet is to sell all you belongings and move to Russia
      07-13-2015, 07:08 PM   #11
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
pretty soon, the water gestapo will be on to you at your self-wash locations. Best bet is to sell all you belongings and move to Russia
No way! They'll never take me alive
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 07:31 PM   #12
pooyab
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 2020 BMW M5C

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer

I wash my car on my driveway. So do all my neighbors. No water Nazi around me lol but haven't gotten to use all my chemical guys stuff and polisher yet.
Interlagos Blue/Speed Cloth | BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Alpine Stage 2 | KW Clubsport | Resonated X-Pipe | Eisenmann Race | StopTech BBK | TE37SL | YFCM CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Turner Control Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | Turner Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Alpine DCT Tune | Karbonius Intake | Carbon Roof (TBD)
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 06:13 AM   #13
itsnotq
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Since this thread is a bit old, any new recommendations in the San Bruno Area?
Appreciate 0