BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

Mporium BMW

01-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #67
ms372
White Shark
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT

my VRS has the same gaps, actually all my aftermarket CF have some fitment issue, but u can always work around use use 3m tape at the top part this will help alot with the gaps if place right
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #68
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boostin FD View Post
sorry bud, been working on the damn house the whole weekend didn't even look at the car, nor the diffuser... I'll try to get some pics before Wednesday I promise.
Patiently waiting for your pics! While E92inSG's pics help, I'd be curious to see how it looks like on your Jerez. I think the diffuser stick a bit far on the sides, but since we have darker cars, it should hide that.

So it took about 2 weeks from the time you ordered?
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #69
E92inSG
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTek
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inSG View Post
just to show everyone that this is not a perfect piece of equipment, i took a close up of the inconsistent CF weave

Untitled by guytan13, on Flickr

Of course once you are standing up and looking at it, it becomes hardly noticeable, but definitely not for those obsessive compulsive guys who would be driven nuts by something like that

Untitled by guytan13, on Flickr
I would never be happy watching something like that in my car. Why didn't you contact the seller for an exchange?
I honestly cannot see the defect unless I'm squatting down behind the car smelling the exhaust fumes from the Akra EVO
      01-08-2013, 06:08 AM   #70
ADM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '01 E39 M5

Hey guys a buddy of mine on this forum has a Sparkling Graphite E92 M3 (I'm in an E39 M5 so I'm rarely over in your neck of the woods) and was thinking about picking up this diffuser. However he wanted to see this diffuser on SGraph so I took a few of the pics posted here and did a color change as best as I could to maybe try and show what it would look like on something other than blue or white. I'm no PS guru and I've never really changed the color of a car...but I hope it gives people a decent idea of this diffuser with SGraph. By the way he has CF splitters up front and a CF roof so I think this diffuser will really round out the look he is going for...

(I hope the person who posted the original pics doesn't mind I used these )

Anyway, on to the pics...

And I did this one just for fun, what a cool color but that diffuser pops

Pics I took of his M3...just a bonus for you M3 guys, who doesn't like extra pics?

Last edited by ADM5; 01-08-2013 at 06:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 07:40 AM   #71
E92inSG
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

haha as soon as i saw the 1st pic i was like, wait a minute. isnt that my car park??? i dont remember another M3 there!!!

then i started reading......
      01-08-2013, 08:44 AM   #72
Boostin FD
Bored all the time
United_States
Rep
Drives: Batmobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Patiently waiting for your pics! While E92inSG's pics help, I'd be curious to see how it looks like on your Jerez. I think the diffuser stick a bit far on the sides, but since we have darker cars, it should hide that.

So it took about 2 weeks from the time you ordered?
Yes... couple of days more or less. I ordered it before Christmas and then post office didn't work probably 4 days out of those 2 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #73
ADM5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '01 E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inSG View Post
haha as soon as i saw the 1st pic i was like, wait a minute. isnt that my car park??? i dont remember another M3 there!!!

then i started reading......
haha!
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 11:10 AM   #74
Yamdan
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Ok I just orderd one as well for my white e92 :-).
Will be intresting to see how it looks in real life
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #75
Rapture
I'm suckin gas but I'm haulin ass
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 ZCP MW/SO

Six days.
It took six days to get to me in Orange, California from Beijing, China.
Packaging was very nice, no shipping damages to the diffuser.
Out of the box quality is around 9/10, as I am a perfectionist.
Will clean it up and put it on in a little bit.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #76
anacondatp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 10' E92 M3 6MT, 15' F15 X5 35i

cant wait for installed pix and review on fitment. i got the front splitters from them and they arent that great in fitment
      01-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #77
Superfly_M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Nice thread.
Is there a diffuser for the E90? from any of the companies mentioned above?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #78
ms372
White Shark
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
Six days.
It took six days to get to me in Orange, California from Beijing, China.
Packaging was very nice, no shipping damages to the diffuser.
Out of the box quality is around 9/10, as I am a perfectionist.
Will clean it up and put it on in a little bit.
sounds goods six days and 9/10. cant wait for the pic
ESS | Challenge x-pipe | Akrapovic | Stoptech BBK (380/355) |Ohlins R&T | Dinan | Vorsteiner | Downforce USA | Varis Diffuser | Gintani | UUC | BMW Performance | Macht Schnell | Forgestar F14's SDC 19x9.5F 19x11R | 255.35 295.30

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 07:02 PM   #79
Rapture
United_States
Rep

After inspecting the diffuser more carefully I noticed a few flaws.
There were some very slight weave imperfections but they are not in easily visible spots.
One of the tabs was not drilled, but the dimple was there for the hole.

The biggest issue I saw is the fact that the weave is pulled a little bit in some areas. It is indiscernible to the naked eye, so it is not a weave imperfection. It does, however, allow light to leak through from behind the weave. My car is MR, so I didn't want to take any chances of having the red bleed through from behind the thin CF.
I taped and spray painted the under side [inside] of the diffuser satin black. It took more than a few coats but it worked; nice solid black that prevents light from bleeding through.

Also, there was no double sided tape included, which was okay with me since I was planning on removing whatever it came with in favor of 3M double sided.

As I mentioned before, I am a bit of a perfectionist. After a few hours of dicking around with this diffuser I would re-rate it to 7.5-8/10 out of the box in terms of overall quality. I feel now it is up to 9/10.
To the average M3 consumer it would rate at a 9/10 now.

I'm not too worried, as this is a $300 replica straight from China. I've used a lot of aftermarket carbon fiber parts on a variety of projects and I can confidently say the quality of this piece is just like everything else out there on the market; pretty good, but not perfect like OEM. I feel the same about the other aftermarket carbon fiber pieces on my car as well.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 01:12 AM   #80
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Quote:
There were some very slight weave imperfections but they are not in easily visible spots.

The biggest issue I saw is the fact that the weave is pulled a little bit in some areas. It is indiscernible to the naked eye, so it is not a weave imperfection. It does, however, allow light to leak through from behind the weave. My car is MR, so I didn't want to take any chances of having the red bleed through from behind the thin CF.
I taped and spray painted the under side [inside] of the diffuser satin black. It took more than a few coats but it worked; nice solid black that prevents light from bleeding through.

Also, there was no double sided tape included, which was okay with me since I was planning on removing whatever it came with in favor of 3M double sided.

As I mentioned before, I am a bit of a perfectionist. After a few hours of dicking around with this diffuser I would re-rate it to 7.5-8/10 out of the box in terms of overall quality. I feel now it is up to 9/10.

I'm not too worried, as this is a $300 replica straight from China. I've used a lot of aftermarket carbon fiber parts on a variety of projects and I can confidently say the quality of this piece is just like everything else out there on the market; pretty good, but not perfect like OEM. I feel the same about the other aftermarket carbon fiber pieces on my car as well.
post pics bro... or maybe i can check it out..
      01-13-2013, 06:09 AM   #81
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Wow 6 days is fast. Some times it takes about 4 for something to get to me from the east coast
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2013, 06:21 AM   #82
sensi09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly_M3 View Post
Nice thread.
Is there a diffuser for the E90? from any of the companies mentioned above?
They have this hamann rep I believe. Maybe tips are supposed to be like that, but looks kind of cheap to me.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/BMW-E90-M3-SE...ht_4924wt_1111

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E90-M3-S...item3f1f8ee0b8
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #83
Redline Bandit
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Melbourne Red 6MT

Rapture,
Can you post some installed pictures please?

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #84
Brucewonder
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 yea boi

where the pics brah?
      01-14-2013, 11:15 PM   #85
Rapture
United_States
Rep

I'll have pics up later tonight or tomorrow afternoon
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #86
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP

Quote:

You bought it from AutoFans or 4AMotors?

I have only bought my CF Front Splitters from 4AMotors
- Upgrades:MS Stage 2 Intake + Turner Test Pipes + BPM Stage 2 Tune with Coding; Fox Red Novillo/Carbon Leather/Competition Package/Premium Package 2/Convenience Package /Enhanced Premium Sound/Satelite Radio
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 12:18 AM   #87
Rapture
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexTek View Post
You bought it from AutoFans or 4AMotors?

I have only bought my CF Front Splitters from 4AMotors
AutoFans, but they all seem to be the same product using the same pictures.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #88
AlexTek
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92 2011 ZCP

Quote:
AutoFans, but they all seem to be the same product using the same pictures.
Yeah they do. But for some reason 4AMotors seems to have a little more expensive this diffuser, when AutoFans has it cheaper
- Upgrades:MS Stage 2 Intake + Turner Test Pipes + BPM Stage 2 Tune with Coding; Fox Red Novillo/Carbon Leather/Competition Package/Premium Package 2/Convenience Package /Enhanced Premium Sound/Satelite Radio
Appreciate 0