BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

11-29-2012, 06:36 AM   #1
Yamdan
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Evolve updated software!!

Ok wanted to share my experience on the Evolve software update I got from Evolve a week ago.

I wanted to update to the 240E software (from 231E stage 2 software) so I contacted Evolve and first I got the stock 240E software and put that one in the car.
Did test so everything was ok then contacted Sal again and a few moments later I had the tuned 240E file.
This is the things I opted for in my tuned file..
Stage 2
No Cel
No primary cat
No Speed limit
No Startup cycle
Revlimit raised 8500rpm
98 Octane fuel (Euro)

And Sal told me that the updated tuned file I got is his latest tune with a better midrange.
To be honest I thought well how much can be done to the weak low/midrange on this engine.
BUT to my surprise it was a big difference and I noticed it direct when I went out and tried the car.
Now a week later I’m just as impressed!
This tune is amazing! It made the car come alive in the low/midrange that I didn’t think was possible without a SC.
It’s a lot better for me who use it as a daily drive.

So for those of you thinking about tuning your car Evolve is the way to go!

Both thumbs of up for the guys at Evolve.

Last edited by Yamdan; 11-29-2012 at 08:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:00 PM   #2
Jamie@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Boosted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamdan View Post
Ok wanted to share my experience on the Evolve software update I got from Evolve a week ago.

I wanted to update to the 240E software (from 231E stage 2 software) so I contacted Evolve and first I got the stock 240E software and put that one in the car.
Did test so everything was ok then contacted Sal again and a few moments later I had the tuned 240E file.
Stage 2
No Cel
No primary cat
No Speed limit
No Startup cycle
Revlimit raised 8500rpm
98 Octane fuel (Euro)

And Sal told me that the updated tuned file I got is his latest tune with a better midrange.
To be honest I thought well how much can be done to the weak low/midrange on this engine.
BUT to my surprise it was a big difference and I noticed it direct when I went out and tried the car.
This tune is amazing! It made the car come alive in the low/midrange that I didn’t think was possible without a SC.

Thanks for the review! Winter Sale still in effect for those who aren't yet Evolved!
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Pak317
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80

Can you pm the winter sale special? I guess I missed it?
      11-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #4
VSmotorsports
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:

Stage 2
No Cel
No primary cat
No Speed limit
No Startup cycle
Revlimit raised 8500rpm
98 Octane fuel (Euro)

great review! We love running the Evolve tunes
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Whoa!!! Nice!!!

I wonder if Evolve has an updated tune for the few of us with the Stage 1 tune
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Money2536
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 | 992 GT3 Touring

So, if I've had a Stage 2 tune for about a year, do I just contact Evolve and have them send me an update?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #7
ms372
White Shark
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW E92 m3 6MT

i heard that the 240E software tuned or stock is basically the same as the 231E and that tuners prefer the 231E better. so there is no real gain in performance really.
i would luv to hear what sal thinks of both
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 12:44 AM   #8
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

I'll jump in on this thread too since I just got the latest Evolve Tune loaded on the car.
I had an old version of the tune since it was sitting in a box for more than 6 months. I just never got around to loading it, and was figuring out mods.
I couldn't get the tune to open properly because I didn't plug in the cable... like the instructions tell you to do BEFORE opening the Evolve software. Once I did that, all was good... except my software had expired. Sal got me a new version right away and all was good.
Also make sure the car is in the ON setting- 2 pushes of the ignition button when reading or loading... like the instructions say to do. Loading the software took 38 minutes for me. I had a charger giving 2amps during this process. Another hint. You can't send the file via Hotmail. I was able to send it using my Gmail and all was good. Sal returned the tuned file the next day and the loading took about 8 minutes. Great service again.
As for the tune, I have 91 octane, no cold start and stock redline/top speed with Akra Evo. I was thinking about getting rid of the Akra because of the loss of low/mid range torque and the smell. It was also damn loud on cold start-up. My neighbors are nice, but I know it bugged them. Now it's all good. The cold start-up delete also makes the car run so much smoother in the morning. The car seemed grumpy and pissed I woke it up before the tune. The low end torque is MUCH better now. It's not like a 335, but it's similar to what it was before the Akra Evo now. The car is just much more drivable when cold now, and not obnoxious. I haven't had a chance to open it up yet, but look forward to doing it soon.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 01:32 AM   #9
MRSSIIM3
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SO

evolve ftw
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 03:56 AM   #10
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

Quote:

Stage 2
No Cel
No primary cat
No Speed limit
No Startup cycle
Revlimit raised 8500rpm
98 Octane fuel (Euro)

Thanks for the review Daniel! Enjoy safely!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 04:00 AM   #11
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Whoa!!! Nice!!!

I wonder if Evolve has an updated tune for the few of us with the Stage 1 tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money2536 View Post
So, if I've had a Stage 2 tune for about a year, do I just contact Evolve and have them send me an update?
Guys just email data at evolve automotive.com to arrange your updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
I'll jump in on this thread too since I just got the latest Evolve Tune loaded on the car.
I had an old version of the tune since it was sitting in a box for more than 6 months. I just never got around to loading it, and was figuring out mods.
I couldn't get the tune to open properly because I didn't plug in the cable... like the instructions tell you to do BEFORE opening the Evolve software. Once I did that, all was good... except my software had expired. Sal got me a new version right away and all was good.
Also make sure the car is in the ON setting- 2 pushes of the ignition button when reading or loading... like the instructions say to do. Loading the software took 38 minutes for me. I had a charger giving 2amps during this process. Another hint. You can't send the file via Hotmail. I was able to send it using my Gmail and all was good. Sal returned the tuned file the next day and the loading took about 8 minutes. Great service again.
As for the tune, I have 91 octane, no cold start and stock redline/top speed with Akra Evo. I was thinking about getting rid of the Akra because of the loss of low/mid range torque and the smell. It was also damn loud on cold start-up. My neighbors are nice, but I know it bugged them. Now it's all good. The cold start-up delete also makes the car run so much smoother in the morning. The car seemed grumpy and pissed I woke it up before the tune. The low end torque is MUCH better now. It's not like a 335, but it's similar to what it was before the Akra Evo now. The car is just much more drivable when cold now, and not obnoxious. I haven't had a chance to open it up yet, but look forward to doing it soon.
Thanks for the review. Glad you are enjoying it so far. Let us know what is like when you have a chance to open it up.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 05:24 AM   #12
Yamdan
Private
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Thanks for the review Daniel! Enjoy safely!
Well right now we have 15cm of snow and freeking cold so Im more going sideways than forward.

Thanks for the fast answers from your side Imran. (even if I might have had a lot of questions for ya lol)
Appreciate 0