BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

06-29-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Question about Courtesy Delivery....

So, being I live in South Florida, the dealer's down here dont discount M3's for anything close to invoice. So, my best option is buying it out of state, and doing courtesy delivery. One dealer wanted $750 to do the Courtesy Delivery. Does that sound absurd? I thought $500 is fair for it. Anyone have experience with Courtesy Delivery that can give me some insight?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #2
mphatic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 SG & FR

I was quoted $500 by David Aviles at Passport now I believe. Didn't us it but FWIW he does an order for $100 over invoice
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 05:32 AM   #3
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy26 View Post
So, being I live in South Florida, the dealer's down here dont discount M3's for anything close to invoice. So, my best option is buying it out of state, and doing courtesy delivery. One dealer wanted $750 to do the Courtesy Delivery. Does that sound absurd? I thought $500 is fair for it. Anyone have experience with Courtesy Delivery that can give me some insight?
"Courtesy" Delivery is actually putting your car in a private flatbed/multilevel truck (or in much more expensive covered container) and driving it to your local dealer. Depending on how long is the drive it will be the price.

I was quoted $1500 (open truck) from California to Ft Lauderdale when I was looking at a M3 over there, and I friend of mine was quoted $500 from Orlando. All depends.

If you are looking for the lowest M3 cost and have some time available, just do ED (go, pick it up and fly back the same/next day) and PD then arrange transportation to South Florida if you do not want to drive it back from SC. You will be saving some $6000 below US invoice at least and will have your M3 in exactly the configuration that you want.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 06:33 AM   #4
trendy26
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 F82 M4

Technic: I've definitely looked into ED, but just cant seem to find the time to get to Europe, so thats out of the question for me.

Ad for Courtesy Delivery, all it entails is having BMW deliver the car to my local dealer, but since it is coming out of a different dealer's allotment, they're technically doing you a "Service" by delivering the car to you. (Possibly PDI'ing the car, which is the most of their costs.)
Appreciate 0