BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

05-23-2014, 12:00 PM   #1
AlexM@Gintani
Rep
Drives: BMW

**New BitFlash E9X M3 Advance Engine Performance Tuning

We are proud to introduce our End User Tuning Cable. For many years customers have asked us to provide tunes across the world, limited to reach this left us servicing local customers, and customers willing to ship their vehicles/ECUs to us. BitFlash advance software will run a system test on your computer & vehicle before flashing or reading to insure ideal flash conditions.

With our 15,000 sq foot California Facility equipped with the most advance tools, full air chambered dyno room we have logged over 40,000 Hours with 6,000+ hours logged on the M3.

Our facility has pushed out the top horsepower rating M3's in the world, including the soon to be released twin turbo E90 V8 M3. With the research and development of the Twin Turbo Kit we have advanced our standard M3 tune beyond our own belief, safer and more powerful then before. With our User End Tuning Cable as we advance, you as a customer will advance with us, with free factory and tuning updates you will enjoy the most your M3 has to offer.

BitFlash Features:
  • Read & store current engine software
  • Return to full factory software/settings in 10minutes
  • Flash in tuned files with custom settings you provided in 10minutes
  • Flash in factory BMW updates
  • Read & Clear Engine Faults with description

Mapping Changes:
  • Removal of Speed Limiter
  • Raised or Reduced RPM Limiter (7400-8600RPM)
  • Advancements in Air/Fuel Ratio
  • Advancements in Vanos calibrations
  • Advancements in Torque Management (providing torque where you need it)
  • Advancements in Steering Servotronics (for cars with M mode stiffer steering)
  • Burble (Exhaust Burble Catless vehicles only)
  • Extreme Burble (Exhaust Burble Catless vehicles only)
  • Cold Start Delete (no more loud morning starts)
  • Cold Start Rev Limit Reduction (lower the cold start reving limit, temperature can be set to your desired level, until the vehicle reaches that temperature the revs will be limited to your desired level)

*Cold start delete is suggested for Cat-delete vehicles, but can be applied at your request.
*Our tunes are fully undetectable by your dealer, however what is known by most people as the "blackbox" records a couple things that could detect a tune, revs over factory limiter, and speeds above the factory limiter, if you are under warranty and are concerned, we suggest not touching the rev and speed limiter. The dealer (dealerships are franchised privately owned established representing BMW, not BMW direct) can not access the blackbox, but if a larger concern is at hand BMW can read the blackbox.

Octane Maps:
  • *Our tunes are tailored to your fuel selection. You may select one or all.
  • 91 Octane Tune
  • 92 Octane Tune
  • 93 Octane Tune
  • 100+ Octane Tune
  • Track tune (day at the track? Load up the track tune with the your laptop at the track, enjoy the day and return back to your standard tune before leaving)

Software Updates & 240E:
With the release of factory software updates for the E9X M3 DME (engine) many issues from power, to power delivery has been improved, including gas mileage and longevity of the motor. All of our customers will receive factory updates for free. Currently at the moment 240E is the latest version of software available, your tune will be based off the 240E software platform which will provide the best possible combination.

Throttle Response & Power:

The ability to tune requires the ability to understand a motor, since 2008 we have dismantled and rebuilt E9X motors from the ground up as many of you who have followed us have seen, we have built many aftermarket upgraded parts, and rebuilt motors with large displacements. With our "no corners cut" advance facility and a staff that includes BMW certified tech's the understanding of S65 E9X Motor is unmatched.

Throttle response is a hot topic, tuners throughout time have simply adjusted throttle response on a vehicle giving "the feel" of more power. Tuners would "tune" the file changing mostly or only throttle response, apply it to the vehicle, go out for a test drive until the car felt more powerful.

With the advancements that came with the ignition system on the E9X M3 this allowed for tuners to give even more of "the feel" of more power. Tuners poor loads of ignition timing making the car feel awesome, but at top end the car falls flat, the DME eventually pulls timing resulting in loss of actual power.

This has allowed tuners without facilities and access to no/limited dyno time produce a tunes with the feeling of producing power.

At Gintani all of our tunes are dyno tested with hundreds of hours logged on each test. Our facility received 100s of gallons of 93 octane just for our 93 octane tune testing since we only have 91 octane in California. Same goes for our 100 octane, we have weekly deliveries of race fuel to our facility.

Achieving a perfect tune for any combination of fuel & modifications requires numerous tests and dyno runs.

Any questions please PM or contact me at alexm@gintani.com

Last edited by AlexM@Gintani; 05-23-2014 at 12:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #2
dpgfunk
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

gintani seems to be on a roll lately
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #3
Someone?
Perception is King
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Bro's Thats^ Awesome! i love idea of have a 91 octane tune for travel to states without 93, a 93 octane cause thats all we run on the east coast, and a 100 octane track day tune!

You guys are on your game lately!

So say someone has Akra exhaust, Dinan intake and pulley you would make the tune a little different then someone with just an Akra alone?
      05-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #4
AlexM@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmike View Post
Bro's Thats^ Awesome! i love idea of have a 91 octane tune for travel to states without 93, a 93 octane cause thats all we run on the east coast, and a 100 octane track day tune!

You guys are on your game lately!

So say someone has Akra exhaust, Dinan intake and pulley you would make the tune a little different then someone with just an Akra alone?
Thank you! Tunes can be loaded within 10minutes, so no real downtime if your doing a trip, just request your 91 octane tune in addition to any other map needed and it will be ready at no extra charge on your personal computer ready to load.

That is correct, your tune will be adjusted to your mods and octane of fuel, if you go catless couple months or a year down the line, we will provide the adjustments and send it to you at no charge.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
AlexM@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpgfunk View Post
gintani seems to be on a roll lately
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #6
Savage_M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 & 2022 X3M Comp

Does this kit also allow for you to do feature coding?
      05-23-2014, 01:11 PM   #7
AlexM@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_M3 View Post
Does this kit also allow for you to do feature coding?
Hey, no sorry, this is a tuning cable, we do after feature coding remote and for local customers, PM me for details if you wish
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

If I buy bitflash now and want to later get your supercharger system or twin turbo kit whenever that's released would those tunes be included in bitflash without any extra charge?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #9
AlexM@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUESOM3 View Post
If I buy bitflash now and want to later get your supercharger system or twin turbo kit whenever that's released would those tunes be included in bitflash without any extra charge?
Stage 2 and higher we will apply a credit towards your purchase.

Stage 1 you can select free shipping or free install at our California facility.

PM me for details! Alexm@gintani.com I'll get you a deal if you have future plans.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 02:05 PM   #10
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

How many times can the ECU be flashed with a new tune or back to stock before it becomes a brick?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #11
AlexM@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
How many times can the ECU be flashed with a new tune or back to stock before it becomes a brick?
As long as you follow programming instructions and have a good battery, it has no limit. We have flashed our test vehicle since 2008 well over couple hundred times without an issue, still same DME.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 04:30 PM   #12
Mr.Slow
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6mt, X5 35d

if I do first cat delete and do this flash
can I pass emission test? or do I have to keep the first cat to pass emission?
      05-23-2014, 04:50 PM   #13
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Maybe I'm missing something, but I just noticed the numbers on the dyno in the embedded video seem really low. 310 whp after a tune is lower than most stock M3s, no?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 04:56 PM   #14
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hujan View Post
Maybe I'm missing something, but I just noticed the numbers on the dyno in the embedded video seem really low. 310 whp after a tune is lower than most stock M3s, no?
Dyno Dynamics are about 11% lower than Dynojet. 310 on a Dyno Dynamics is approximately 344 on a Dynojet.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #15
AlexM@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
Dyno Dynamics are about 11% lower than Dynojet. 310 on a Dyno Dynamics is approximately 344 on a Dynojet.
Thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Korea View Post
if I do first cat delete and do this flash
can I pass emission test? or do I have to keep the first cat to pass emission?
Depends on your state, if your state sniffs exhaust you would need to return back to stock.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 03:40 AM   #16
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

How much would this cost??
      05-24-2014, 11:23 AM   #17
AlexM@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
How much would this cost??
Send me a PM or email alexm@gintani.com
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #18
coloradoe92m3
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Am I missing price? This make more power than ESS or BPM or evolve?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2014, 12:59 PM   #19
AlexM@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoe92m3 View Post
Am I missing price? This make more power than ESS or BPM or evolve?
Please PM for pricing
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 02:35 AM   #20
coloradoe92m3
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

I have ESS tune, would this make more power given you guys said you learned additional info after your TT project which nobody else did.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #21
AlexM@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoe92m3 View Post
I have ESS tune, would this make more power given you guys said you learned additional info after your TT project which nobody else did.
Hey, sorry, we will not make any claims against any company with competiting products or tunes.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #22
///mawana
Lieutenant
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexM@Gintani View Post
Hey, sorry, we will not make any claims against any company with competiting products or tunes.
Fair enough,... not comparing to competitors' claims, how much gain can we expect from your flash: 15, 25, 36?