BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

07-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #1
C|3R1C
So Kewl Guy
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

==Velos Designwerks Tune==

I found a WIN!

I recently purchased and downloaded the tune by Velos Designwerks. As always Omar has provided excellent service getting me the handheld, the quick turnaround, and my BBK (whole other story)!

Instantly I felt my car was much smoother and quieter in the cabin. However, I was not able to push the car the first day since I didn't get to drive too much or far .

Second day, got my chance! I drive my car in D5 with the power on and the improvement is quite significant. I shall list out everything I can: More power, smoother throttle, more responsive throttle, more responsive engine, and smoother sounding car.

Pulling on the freeway felt way stronger that before and for Daily driving I feel the throttle is silky smooth and easier to modulate. I hit 85 before I even realized it and sooner than I was used to. Flooring in D5 I can feel a much smoother power delivery; no bad jerking. This make freeway passing easier.

With M mode (Programmed to S5, sport+, etc), the real fun begins when I can keep the gears longer myself and during my small section of road near my house, I was hitting higher speeds sooner. No more sluggish feeling (and I drive an E93!)

I knew this tune was good after talking to Omar, but it definitely beat my expectations!

Once again amazing service and products from the guys at Velos Designwerks!

Some notes: I got cold start removed (smoother starts and the needle doesn't bounce around, just slowly comes down. Way quieter too) and cat delete. So far so amazing!
Attached Images

Last edited by C|3R1C; 07-14-2012 at 04:15 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2012, 09:20 PM   #2
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Nice! I hear great things about the work that Omar does. Enjoy the power!
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2012, 01:40 AM   #3
C|3R1C
So Kewl Guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3
Nice! I hear great things about the work that Omar does. Enjoy the power!
He's the best never talked to anyone as cool as him
      07-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #4
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by C|3R1C View Post
I found a WIN!

I recently purchased and downloaded the tune by Velos Designwerks. As always Omar has provided excellent service getting me the handheld, the quick turnaround, and my BBK (whole other story)!

Instantly I felt my car was much smoother and quieter in the cabin. However, I was not able to push the car the first day since I didn't get to drive too much or far .

Second day, got my chance! I drive my car in D5 with the power on and the improvement is quite significant. I shall list out everything I can: More power, smoother throttle, more responsive throttle, more responsive engine, and smoother sounding car.

Pulling on the freeway felt way stronger that before and for Daily driving I feel the throttle is silky smooth and easier to modulate. I hit 85 before I even realized it and sooner than I was used to. Flooring in D5 I can feel a much smoother power delivery; no bad jerking. This make freeway passing easier.

With M mode (Programmed to S5, sport+, etc), the real fun begins when I can keep the gears longer myself and during my small section of road near my house, I was hitting higher speeds sooner. No more sluggish feeling (and I drive an E93!)

I knew this tune was good after talking to Omar, but it definitely beat my expectations!

Once again amazing service and products from the guys at Velos Designwerks!

Some notes: I got cold start removed (smoother starts and the needle doesn't bounce around, just slowly comes down. Way quieter too) and cat delete. So far so amazing!
Enjoy in good health my friend!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2012, 01:11 PM   #5
[Deactivated-Velos]
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M

Nice hands.

Glad you're enjoying it. Drive safe.

What the next mod...?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
1SIKM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Mod List: | ESS VT2-625 | Velos Designwerks Tune | HRE P40S | Brembo 380mm BBK | Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust | KW V3 Coilovers | Vorsteiner GTS3 Front Bumper | Vorsteiner Rear Diffuser 2 | BMW Blue PSW | BMW Performance Spoiler | BMW GTS Door Sills | BMW Performance High Gloss Black Grills & Gills | TiKORE Industries Titanium Lug Bolts | STRI Gauges |
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2012, 10:07 PM   #7
C|3R1C
So Kewl Guy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean@VelosDesignwerks
Nice hands.

Glad you're enjoying it. Drive safe.

What the next mod...?
I would love to say supercharger haha but still need to save more. Way on the fence for the kw springs. Still watching my clearances and stuff
      07-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
[Deactivated-Velos]
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by C|3R1C View Post
I would love to say supercharger haha but still need to save more. Way on the fence for the kw springs. Still watching my clearances and stuff
You most definitely need those KW's in your life.
Appreciate 0