BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

European Auto Source (EAS)
View Poll Results: Which would be the best date to hold Skyline Run III
Saturday April 10th 20 62.50%
Sunday April 11th 11 34.38%
I can't do either day 5 15.63%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

03-08-2010, 10:40 AM   #23
Petlizard
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8

I don't mind paying the $50 but I think it may be hard bringing newbies along if there's a charge. Given the split of 12 and 11 so far, we'd want roughly another dozen cars or so right? There's an e55 amg and boxster S that I'm looking invite but think that they may hesitate due to the cost. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #24
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petlizard View Post
I don't mind paying the $50 but I think it may be hard bringing newbies along if there's a charge. Given the split of 12 and 11 so far, we'd want roughly another dozen cars or so right? There's an e55 amg and boxster S that I'm looking invite but think that they may hesitate due to the cost. Any thoughts?
I would like to join along with a friend who has a modded C63. I don't think the cost will be an issue for either of us.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2010, 01:33 PM   #25
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Daytona 95 M3, X7 M50, e92 M3,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petlizard View Post
That's kind of the point. Since money is involved, it'll help keep the number around 25-30. And I have no doubt that we'll have 25 cars as a lot of the cars that come don't subscribe to bimmerpost. Also, it's a $50 donation to charity (Red Cross is what I'm thinking) and tax deductible. Even if for whatever reason they hate it, it's still not money wasted because its going to those in need.

I'm trying to work with DLB Racing for easy registration, car count, and payment.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #26
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
That's kind of the point. Since money is involved, it'll help keep the number around 25-30. And I have no doubt that we'll have 25 cars as a lot of the cars that come don't subscribe to bimmerpost. Also, it's a $50 donation to charity (Red Cross is what I'm thinking) and tax deductible. Even if for whatever reason they hate it, it's still not money wasted because its going to those in need.

I'm trying to work with DLB Racing for easy registration, car count, and payment.
DarkstarZero - this is a selfish request, but would you consider making a portion of the proceeds from this event available for donation to the National Fragile X Foundation? If not this event, perhaps a future one? This is a cause that is close to my heart, as my son has Fragile X Syndrome, and I would love to find a way to get the local BMW community involved in supporting the cause. For those who do not know about Fragile X, it is the #1 known genetic cause for mental retardation and the most common known genetic cause of autism. More information can be found here if you want to consider it as an option for charitable donation: http://fragilex.org/html/home.shtml .
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 10:38 AM   #27
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHairsto View Post
DarkstarZero - this is a selfish request, but would you consider making a portion of the proceeds from this event available for donation to the National Fragile X Foundation? If not this event, perhaps a future one? This is a cause that is close to my heart, as my son has Fragile X Syndrome, and I would love to find a way to get the local BMW community involved in supporting the cause. For those who do not know about Fragile X, it is the #1 known genetic cause for mental retardation and the most common known genetic cause of autism. More information can be found here if you want to consider it as an option for charitable donation: http://fragilex.org/html/home.shtml .
That's not selfish at all! I think that's a great cause and I don't see why all of the donations can't be sent to National Fragile X Foundation. Unless anyone objects I say we donate there, at least for this run.

I'm still trying to get a hold of DLB Racing. Does anyone know of any other sites that are similar to DLBRacing.com that we can use for sign up?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2010, 10:44 AM   #28
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
That's not selfish at all! I think that's a great cause and I don't see why all of the donations can't be sent to National Fragile X Foundation. Unless anyone objects I say we donate there, at least for this run.

I'm still trying to get a hold of DLB Racing. Does anyone know of any other sites that are similar to DLBRacing.com that we can use for sign up?
Thanks! You don't know how much it would mean to me and my family, and even better that it would be associated with a fun event and BMW enthusiasts.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #29
pukka
Rep
Drives: 99 Spec Miata

MotorsportReg.com

Quote:
Take a look at MotorsportReg.com. We're a full-time business so we'll actually respond to your calls and email. You can take a look at http://www.pukkasoft.com for some details to see if it will fit your needs.

Brian
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 07:54 PM   #30
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by darwin316 View Post
hmmm.... red cross... I'm donating blood tomorrow, does that count?

But I have been donating blood every 8 weeks for the past 10 years... that's 7 gallons (i got the pin to prove it)!
ROFL
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2010, 10:14 PM   #31
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
I'd say donate funds to the earthquake victims of Haiti and Chile and Turkey and whomever comes next in between these two! That would be nice. Something like 5cents a mile driven or something similar? Maybe even T shirts...media! LOL Speed for Quake victims! LOL ~

I'd love to join you guys as it will likely be one of my last runs before I PCS to Texas (yes military is moving me and my M3 to the lone star state) in May but I will be out of town on that weekend April 8-11 otherwise I am there. Or I guess will be in spirit!

Hey Darkstar if I can make it can I bring my new toy instead of my M3?
Attached Images

'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #32
BHairsto
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5 35d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdrobc13 View Post
I'd say donate funds to the earthquake victims of Haiti and Chile and Turkey and whomever comes next in between these two!
I don't want to turn this into a lobbying effort for my particular cause, but I will say one last thing about it--these natural disasters have generated (and always will generate) a lot of media attention, and Red Cross, etc. always get a tremendous amount of donations for these causes. I know I, and many of my friends and family have already given money to support these efforts--why not take the opportunity to raise awareness and support for some causes that are underfunded and get less attention? That's the end of my campaign --looking forward to the run either way.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 08:08 AM   #33
mdrobc13
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHairsto View Post
I don't want to turn this into a lobbying effort for my particular cause, but I will say one last thing about it--these natural disasters have generated (and always will generate) a lot of media attention, and Red Cross, etc. always get a tremendous amount of donations for these causes. I know I, and many of my friends and family have already given money to support these efforts--why not take the opportunity to raise awareness and support for some causes that are underfunded and get less attention? That's the end of my campaign --looking forward to the run either way.
Good point. As an MD I am aware of Fragile X and it would be a good cause to contribute to. Even if I am unable to go I hope its a good ride and that all have fun.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2010, 09:30 AM   #34
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey Darkstar if I can make it can I bring my new toy instead of my M3?
For sure! This is for all euro sport/super cars so bring the Porsche If you know anyone with an Aston or something equally as sexy, I'd like to see that on the drive
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #35
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep

Garage List
heck cant keep up with mdrob with his new euros
so I think this will be a good counter attack to bring to the yearly drives
<grin>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post
I just stumbled onto this website that lets you rent out a collection of exotic cars, for around the price range of my monthly M3 payment.

Of course I believe you are limited to between 1000 - 4000 miles per year (all cars you drive) "FRACTIONAL OWNERSHIP" its like a timeshare on exotic cars!

For all you rich guys afraid of commitment of an exotic car.. They even detail your daily driver when you take their car!

Check it out! http://www.xautx.com/club_programs.html

Last edited by ase2dais; 03-15-2010 at 08:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 09:06 PM   #36
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:

+1
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2010, 09:12 PM   #37
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'd say donate funds to the earthquake victims of Haiti and Chile and Turkey and whomever comes next in between these two! That would be nice. Something like 5cents a mile driven or something similar? Maybe even T shirts...media! LOL Speed for Quake victims! LOL ~
makes sense to me...
and its an immediate need

my 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2010, 03:36 PM   #38
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'll be finalizing the route this weekend. Registration should be setup in the next few days. Official post will be setup shortly after that!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 12:14 AM   #39
pish180
///M3eeee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 JB M3

I'm down for sure. I think there is also a meet coming up at College Park MD... can't remember the dates. Thats a good show type meet. Hope to meet some of you guys around NOVA that I haven't meet yet. I'm typically on M3forum, so I can't hardly wait.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 09:56 AM   #40
Petlizard
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais View Post
makes sense to me...

my 2 cents
Hey I'm looking at your avatar picture and must say that you look a lot diferent since we last saw you. Better.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #41
besiktas
Ultimate Driver for the Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Quote:
makes sense to me...

my 2 cents
+1000

BMW M3 E92 - Silverstone II
BPM Sport Stage II Tune + Test Pipes, GTS DCT Tune
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #42
DarkstarZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
makes sense to me...

my 2 cents
In regards to this, an enormous amount of money has been donated to the earthquake disaster. Most people have already donated their yearly donation amount to the disaster. Because of this, smaller charities such as Fragile X Foundation receive very very little. Lets not forget them.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #43
Juice ///M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: RaceCars and Stuff

I'm in for donations.

I have already text'd for Haiti along with my wife a few times. And while I feel for the victims of that natural disaster the recent quakes made me do a bit of research, Chile/Haiti both sit on one of the biggest fault lines... Earthquakes of that size and magnitude are known risks. MOVE lol. Who would put their home next to a brewing volcano....? I know.. not as easy as it sounds but there is a reason no one lives on the north pole, ya know.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2010, 04:44 PM   #44
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
DarkstarZero,

so when are you gonna post the details for the drive?

I'm all couped up with the previous rain and weather, so glad spring is here!

Can't wait for this event!

Last edited by MDyDinanM; 03-21-2010 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0