BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

09-27-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
Sleeper519
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3 DCT

Front end vibration from spacers??

I put spacers on several months ago (E92; MS 15F/12R), and noticed new front vibration over ~85mph like an unbalanced tire would create. Nothing horrible but definitely noticeable and irritating since the stock ride is so smooth at speed.

I recently had minor brake upgrade done (fluid, pads, SS lines) with obvious wheels off and back on, and lo and behold the > 85mph vibes are gone.
HOWEVER, I just tracked it for the first time at Road Atlanta and the vibration over 125mph IS definitely HORRIBLE and unacceptable.

Could the spacers be causing this front end vibration at speed??
They are hub centric and shouldn't cause a problem. I doubt the tires are out of balance but possible.

I like the aesthetics and the stance it gives my car, but I'm definitely going to take them off before my next track weekend in a few weeks. Any other thoughts or possibilities?

2008 M3 Coupe / DCT // StopTech BBK 380/355 / Pagid RS29 / Motul / Apex Arc-8 / BFG R1S / Ground Control / MS filter / Performance spoiler / BPM tune // Road Atlanta 1:39.70 / VIR Full 2:10.87 / Barber 1:42.20
Appreciate 0