BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!

09-21-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Neon01
BMW Nut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 X5 35i

Garage List
Looking for direct photo comparison of VMR VB3, V710, V718, Alu CS7, SF71, OEM ZCP

Been looking at a lot of the mesh wheels lately, and they all look similar (of course). It'd be nice to see straight on shots close up of the wheels to be able to compare the subtle differences.

Something like this is exactly what I'm looking for (with the other wheels too):

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351056

Anyone have direct shots of the VB3, CS7, SF-71 that I can juxtapose with those?

Based on "on car" photos, right now I'm leaning toward going for a set of Alufelgen SF-71 in Gunmetal to go with my space gray sedan, but I like the look of the V718s as well, and the lure of OEM is always hard to pass up.

I'm still considering OEM 220 wheels as well, since I really like the way they compliment the car.

I'm also looking for a set of 18s for winter tires, but of the ones I listed, it seems only the VB3s come in an 18 size. Is that supposed to change in the next month or so?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 11:28 AM   #2
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

What? No RAC RG63s or MORR VS8.2s?

Finding all of those wheels in one picture is going to be nigh impossible. Do some searching and you'll find good pics of all of those wheels individually. AluFelgen has a Flickr account, for example.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
Neon01
BMW Nut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 X5 35i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aajami View Post
What? No RAC RG63s or MORR VS8.2s?
I wish! To be honest, those wheels are just more money than I want to spend for a daily driving wheel. I'd probably sooner get one of the reps I listed and a set of lightweight 18s in a square setup for the track before getting something like RACs. Roads here are pretty nice and I don't need the weight savings for the street.

Quote:
Finding all of those wheels in one picture is going to be nigh impossible. Do some searching and you'll find good pics of all of those wheels individually. AluFelgen has a Flickr account, for example.
Not saying in a single photo, I'm just saying it would be nice if the manufacturers (or resellers) had direct shots like the ones featured in the thread I linked. That way at least one could compare them all side by side. I've definitely searched. All I could find of what I'm describing was in that thread. 9 shots out of 10 are on the car from 40' away or more, and 7 of those are typically at extreme obliquity to show off concavity. It just doesn't give me a great idea how the wheels compare (aside from concavity).

I'll check out Alu's flickr account, thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 02:08 PM   #4
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hey Neon

This is a shot comparing the CS7 and the SF-71:

Here is a straight shot of the CS7:

Here is a straight shot of the SF-71:

Here are some shots one of our customers did of his VB3 and his CS7.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwnAge View Post
Some comparisons between Velocity Reps and CS 7. Velocity are thiner and as for concavity CS7 seems to have more but i personally think its because of the thicker design.

Keep in mind there are also significant differences in the manufacturing method, weight, and strength between both brands.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Here is a shot of Titanium SF-71s on a Space Grey M3:

Appreciate 0