BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-26-2015, 08:53 AM   #23
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Yes, think about it. Parking out in a desolate area of the lot makes your car stick out like a sore thumb. It just shouts look at me!

I park in a pack of cars. I still choose my spot carefully, not next to minivans or poorly parked cars, but if you park in a pack, no one will notice you.

Trust me this is better. I too have been a victim of hate with my old car when I parked it out on "an island."
Was in Vegas this past weekend and made sure to park my pop's Panamera out in the middle of nowhere whenever we stopped for food or just a quick break from driving. Wasn't even 5 minutes inside In N Out when someone trying to be funny parked their car as close as possible to my driver's door.

I was already on my way out (took the food to go to eat with my brother at his place) so I just stood there, watched the dude then he rolled his window down and "apologized".... I just don't see the point.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #24
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP View Post
If I must park next to vehicles, I prefer mini-vans vs. SUVs. At least with mini-vans, the rear doors open perpendicular with the car.
Perpendicular???!!! I think you meant parallel!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2015, 05:02 PM   #25
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by msan View Post
I avoid minivans (you still have to worry about the front door!) and coupes (long and heavy doors)...my parking checklist
I have thought long and hard about his one. minivans are not 100% foolproof.

While the doors dont' swing, you have to realize who and what are getting out of said van. If you see child seats in that van, stay clear. I don't know if you've noticed how much stuff is in a car that has kids in it. Needless to say, a lot of stuff can be taken out and swung towards your car. Worst ones are sedans with childseats in the back. Parents are constantly in a hurry trying to take seats/kids/stuff out and putting it back in. I'd stay clear of those cars/vans with child seats.

I also try not to park next to suvs which most are known to have heavy doors. Heavy doors = less control by the person opening it, when it's windy, on an incline/decline.
      08-26-2015, 11:55 PM   #26
Agent-GHQ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW ///M3 E92 MT Comp Pkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amirsm3 View Post
Was in Vegas this past weekend and made sure to park my pop's Panamera out in the middle of nowhere whenever we stopped for food or just a quick break from driving. Wasn't even 5 minutes inside In N Out when someone trying to be funny parked their car as close as possible to my driver's door.

I was already on my way out (took the food to go to eat with my brother at his place) so I just stood there, watched the dude then he rolled his window down and "apologized".... I just don't see the point.
Clearly this kind of behavior isn't normal! He rolls right next to your car that purposely parked faraway to prevent potential mishaps of other's carelessness and then apologize after his failed mission to do what he intended to do.

One time I went to a public laundromat to wash my car cover. I parked where no person would normally park that would inconvenient him/her when trying to haul all their dirty laundries as close to the bldg as possible. Sure enough, I just have this feeling something is about to happen. A fat bitch in a van with two lil kids unloading their laundries and carrying it in from a distance. I'm like lady (to myself) there's more than enough parking spots so close to the bldg and you just had to park right next to me!! 😡 I have no reason to believe she parked that far for the sake of exercising!!! lol

I gave up tryin to understand the minds of people like that in this world for failing to acknowledge that people with nice cars want their space.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 07:10 AM   #27
Db750
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 991S & 2013 M3 CP

Sorry to hear about this! Really wish you were able to catch the idiot that did this.

I have to say that for some reason the M3 for me has attracted far and away much more attention than any other car I have ever owned, and a lot of it is negative. I can see in your avitar picture you have a lot of the same mods I do such as all the CF and blacked out pieces, and then of course the ZCP wheels. I think all this on top of the M3 already in your face styling with all the bulges and vents really makes the car stand out more so than many much more expensive cars.

I try not to let it bother me, but it can get you down a bit having to worry every time you park and every time you want to just roll your windows down while you drive just to enjoy the sound of the car.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2015, 08:50 AM   #28
Amirsm3
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Space Grey e90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
Clearly this kind of behavior isn't normal! He rolls right next to your car that purposely parked faraway to prevent potential mishaps of other's carelessness and then apologize after his failed mission to do what he intended to do.

One time I went to a public laundromat to wash my car cover. I parked where no person would normally park that would inconvenient him/her when trying to haul all their dirty laundries as close to the bldg as possible. Sure enough, I just have this feeling something is about to happen. A fat bitch in a van with two lil kids unloading their laundries and carrying it in from a distance. I'm like lady (to myself) there's more than enough parking spots so close to the bldg and you just had to park right next to me!! 😡 I have no reason to believe she parked that far for the sake of exercising!!! lol

I gave up tryin to understand the minds of people like that in this world for failing to acknowledge that people with nice cars want their space.
People never cease to amaze me.

BMWCCA:518970
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 07:20 PM   #29
CurbBender'90
S
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 S65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarilia View Post
I had to go to Best Buy this morning.. (Over an hour drive) my SSD died in my pc

Anyways.. I came back out a few minutes ago. And someone removed and then stomped on my new CF fender gills.. Both sides.. So I know one just didn't somehow fall to the ground and get run over

I'll post pics once I get home and get pc up and running again

What is wrong with people.. A**hats

I purposely don't drive like a jerk.. I'm a Grandma for goodness sakes

Wow that's a shame, hate you had a nasty surprise with the M. What kinda of SSD failed on you, I'll know not to use those..
      08-28-2015, 07:28 PM   #30
Zarilia
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP DCT Silverston

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_Boy7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarilia View Post
I had to go to Best Buy this morning.. (Over an hour drive) my SSD died in my pc

Anyways.. I came back out a few minutes ago. And someone removed and then stomped on my new CF fender gills.. Both sides.. So I know one just didn't somehow fall to the ground and get run over

I'll post pics once I get home and get pc up and running again

What is wrong with people.. A**hats

I purposely don't drive like a jerk.. I'm a Grandma for goodness sakes

Wow that's a shame, hate you had a nasty surprise with the M. What kinda of SSD failed on you, I'll know not to use those..
It was an Intel SSD. Brand new... Just one of those freak things. Literally just built the computer and had problems with it from day 1. Replaced it with a PNY SSD I used to say away from that brand but I've had a video card from them for almost 10 years now

I got the new CF fender gills but they don't seem to want to "click" into the fender. So they just fell out on their own today.. Could have been because I hit 135 mph on the highway.. Living out in the middle of nowhere has its perks

I guess I can use the 3m tape on them? Everything else held on lol
Appreciate 0