BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

02-13-2014, 04:01 PM   #111
Titan_br
Private First Class
Brazil
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 with AA Stage 3 SC

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Why not active autowerke?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #112
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
Just so you know EAS have clearly explained in an other thread why they don't run the VF kit and don't carry VF products anymore and it had nothing to do with their clients preferring the ESS kits, if I remember well it had everything to do with the poor reliability of the product!
That'st interesting Alex, because EAS was not even aware of the bracket design of the intercooled VF kits (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=79), which means they worked with VF very long ago. That said, what ever happened between them you will never know the full details as EAS will not release them, period. It would be bad business practice, was there possibly some software issues very early on, maybe, but I would have to assume early revs. FYI, EAS is a great shop and so is Tom who I've spoken to
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #113
Mit_Boost
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Just so you know EAS have clearly explained in an other thread why they don't run the VF kit and don't carry VF products anymore and it had nothing to do with their clients preferring the ESS kits, if I remember well it had everything to do with the poor reliability of the product!
Really?

Looks like they've got lots of VF Supercharger kits on their website. From Left to Right, that's E36 M3, E46 3-Series, E46 M3, E60/E61 5-Series, E85/E86 Z4, E85/E86 Z4 M, and E9x M3.

Results >
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #114
okusa
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 - SSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit_Boost View Post
Can you confirm whether "these guys" that ran the VF kit had properly installed them? Not for nothing, double upshifts would show a fault code (could also just be driver error) & blown o2 sensors are completely unrelated to a supercharger (just like a IDC Valve going out or a fuel pump failing).
Well, each of the referenced kits were installed by EAS. So, yes, I am confident they were done correctly.

Quote:
And can you confirm in any way if VAC received any priority customer service, b/c that's like me accusing EAS or ACM of getting priority service with ESS product?
I did not say they received priority service. I said "presumably" since no other logical explanation came to mind.

Quote:
The decision is probably 100% based in business tactics, and what the majority of their customers are buying. If EAS had more customers interested in ESS kits, it would only make sense for the shop car to have an ESS kit installed in case anyone wanted a test drive
Again, I said my statements were based on firsthand knowledge. You are absolutely off base on this one.

Quote:
Honestly, people need to focus more on concrete data and less on what they "see" or "hear" over the forums...If you based the majority of your decision off of what you read on the forums...
Seriously, read my posts: nowhere did I mention seeing or hearing on the forums.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 04:11 PM   #115
Verify
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

AAAAaaaaaaand another thread ruined by the people that never had nor ever will purchase a kit
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 04:33 PM   #116
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Evo X MR, A4 Allroad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit_Boost
Quote:
Really?

[IMG]http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8041e786.jpg" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://i1052.photobu...41e786.jpg</a>[/IMG]

Looks like they've got lots of VF Supercharger kits on their website. From Left to Right, that's E36 M3, E46 3-Series, E46 M3, E60/E61 5-Series, E85/E86 Z4, E85/E86 Z4 M, and E9x M3.
Look, I'm not here to create any conflics between anyone, just thought I'd let you know about what me and many members witnessed a couple months ago on this forum which was an argument between EAS and VF where EAS clearly explaned why they thought the VF kits were'nt reliable enough to be sold by them, maybe I'm wrong about them not selling VF kits anymore or maybe they changed their mind but for sure EAS clearly explained what was wrong about VF products and why they prefer ESS kits! I can't remember in which thread it was but I'm sure other remembers that it happened! I would'nt be surprised if the admins had erased everything since it was really bad business for VF and they are a big sponsor here!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #117
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickeM3 View Post
AAAAaaaaaaand another thread ruined by the people that never had nor ever will purchase a kit
This unfortunately happens all too often.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 04:40 PM   #118
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k3
Quote:
That'st interesting Alex, because EAS was not even aware of the bracket design of the intercooled VF kits (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...1&postcount=79" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.m3post.co...stcount=79</a>), which means they worked with VF very long ago. That said, what ever happened between them you will never know the full details as EAS will not release them, period. It would be bad business practice, was there possibly some software issues very early on, maybe, but I would have to assume early revs. FYI, EAS is a great shop and so is Tom who I've spoken to
Maybe we'll never know the full details but we've been given a pretty good idea!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 04:49 PM   #119
8k3
Banned
Rep

then why comment on something YOU have no first hand experience with? stick to talking what you like / dislike about YOUR product, which I see is an ESS
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 05:02 PM   #120
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8k3
then why comment on something YOU have no first hand experience with? stick to talking what you like / dislike about YOUR product, which I see is an ESS
Just wanted to set the record straight for Mit_Boost who thought that EASs decision to not run the VF kit anymore was purely based on business tactics to sell more ESS products rather then them and their costumers havind some reliability issues with the VF kits!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 06:39 PM   #121
Mit_Boost
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Just wanted to set the record straight for Mit_Boost who thought that EASs decision to not run the VF kit anymore was purely based on business tactics to sell more ESS products rather then them and their costumers havind some reliability issues with the VF kits!
But you didn't set the record straight.... All you did was prove that some of your statements were incorrect. Just from reading and watching some of your post in other threads I've participated in, you are clearly a very dedicated ESS supporter, who's not very "open" to giving unbiased consideration to other options.

Results >
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #122
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
But you didn't set the record straight.... All you did was prove that some of your statements were incorrect. Just from reading and watching some of your post in other threads I've participated in, you are clearly a very dedicated ESS supporter, who's not very "open" to giving unbiased consideration to other options.
Sure I'm a big ESS supporter because I love what they did to my car and respect their way to treat their costumers, but I have nothing against other companys, I don't know them or their products and never delt with them but I still wanted to explain you what I saw happening on this forum between EAS and VF, if you don't want to believe it, it's your choice, but don't say that I invented that just because I'm an happy costumer of ESS, I'm just trying to bring other forum members in the right direction based on what I saw, ain't that the purpose of the forum!!?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #123
8k3
Banned
Rep

No because no matter what u claim there will be bias. Comment on what u directly experience with your product period.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 09:48 PM   #124
Mit_Boost
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Sure I'm a big ESS supporter because I love what they did to my car and respect their way to treat their costumers, but I have nothing against other companys, I don't know them or their products and never delt with them but I still wanted to explain you what I saw happening on this forum between EAS and VF, if you don't want to believe it, it's your choice, but don't say that I invented that just because I'm an happy costumer of ESS, I'm just trying to bring other forum members in the right direction based on what I saw, ain't that the purpose of the forum!!?
Can you find where on this forum this was said? Shouldn't be hard with Google or the forum Search feature.

I have NO problem if it's true, but to just throw that out there and (unintentionally) create rumors isn't helping anything -- it's not helping VF & more importantly it's not helping the E9x M3/S65 progression.

In General: if you've got concrete data or evidence that supports your claim, I can't possibly argue with it (so long as the data/evidence process was unbiased and not manipulated). But if you're just saying something cause you heard it somewhere, that's hearsay and is only gonna cause problems (which comes off as suspect when someone is super passionate to one specific brand).

Results >
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 11:03 PM   #125
Alex07M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Can you find where on this forum this was said? Shouldn't be hard with Google or the forum Search feature.

I have NO problem if it's true, but to just throw that out there and (unintentionally) create rumors isn't helping anything -- it's not helping VF & more importantly it's not helping the E9x M3/S65 progression.

In General: if you've got concrete data or evidence that supports your claim, I can't possibly argue with it (so long as the data/evidence process was unbiased and not manipulated). But if you're just saying something cause you heard it somewhere, that's hearsay and is only gonna cause problems (which comes off as suspect when someone is super passionate to one specific brand).
Yeah sure I would've prefered to show you where it's been said but like I told you I can't find it! It's not like there's just a couple of superchargers discussion in here! Does that mean I can't tell you it's been said, I don't think so, worst case, I'm sure someone from EAS can come and enlighten us on that! Why do EAS keep selling VFs kits, my idea is that VF worked on their problems with the software and regain EASs confidence in their products, just an hypothesis but that seems logical to me!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread