BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

Mporium BMW

09-02-2022, 12:08 AM   #1
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Hyundai Elantra N?

Being a life long car enthusiast, I have never in a million years thought that I would actually want to own a Hyundai, let alone an Elantra. But this car kind of came out of nowhere and now it's got my attention. 276hp and 289lb/ft of tq mated to an 8 speed DCT (or 6MT) all for the price of an Accord or Camry.

I'm always on the hunt for the next potential daily even though I'm very satisfied with my e90 328i for now. I'm in no rush to get back into a car payment but I am really curious how this car drives. I see it being compared to Civic type R and Golf R so it must be a serious contender.

With that said, I'm also very surprised by Hyundai. I remember their last attempt into the sports car world with the Genesis coupe and I don't think that turned out too well. The new Elantra and Veloster N are very promising though and I like the direction Hyundai is heading vs BMW where all their primary focus seem to be on how to make their grills bigger.

It seems to drive very well from this video and that DCT seriously sounds good. Definitely will be on my list of cars to consider as a daily. If anyone has one or drove one please share your thoughts.

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2022, 08:58 PM   #2
OG_F87
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by STooK View Post
Being a life long car enthusiast, I have never in a million years thought that I would actually want to own a Hyundai, let alone an Elantra. But this car kind of came out of nowhere and now it's got my attention. 276hp and 289lb/ft of tq mated to an 8 speed DCT (or 6MT) all for the price of an Accord or Camry.

I'm always on the hunt for the next potential daily even though I'm very satisfied with my e90 328i for now. I'm in no rush to get back into a car payment but I am really curious how this car drives. I see it being compared to Civic type R and Golf R so it must be a serious contender.

With that said, I'm also very surprised by Hyundai. I remember their last attempt into the sports car world with the Genesis coupe and I don't think that turned out too well. The new Elantra and Veloster N are very promising though and I like the direction Hyundai is heading vs BMW where all their primary focus seem to be on how to make their grills bigger.

It seems to drive very well from this video and that DCT seriously sounds good. Definitely will be on my list of cars to consider as a daily. If anyone has one or drove one please share your thoughts.

My last car was a 2020 veloster n before I made the switch to a 2017 M2. I'm a firm believer that these are the best cars for the price however at the end of the day these are still Hyundais with Typical Hyundai issues. Within 22,000 miles of ownership from new I blew the motor as well as the transmission due to a leak within the casing at 3,000 miles. I dumped a lot of money into the car and had it sitting near 400whp which made for fun but found something always going wrong with the car. With that said after purchasing my first M I have never looked back and definitely don't miss it one bit
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
STooK727.00
      09-29-2022, 12:18 AM   #3
STooK
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG_F87 View Post
My last car was a 2020 veloster n before I made the switch to a 2017 M2. I'm a firm believer that these are the best cars for the price however at the end of the day these are still Hyundais with Typical Hyundai issues. Within 22,000 miles of ownership from new I blew the motor as well as the transmission due to a leak within the casing at 3,000 miles. I dumped a lot of money into the car and had it sitting near 400whp which made for fun but found something always going wrong with the car. With that said after purchasing my first M I have never looked back and definitely don't miss it one bit
Oh wow, didn't know they were prone to issues like that. Sounds more unreliable than a N54 335i lol. M2 is definitely a huge step up, congrats!
Appreciate 1
OG_F8710.00