BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

EXXEL Distributions

04-01-2014, 08:32 AM   #1
turbogsr10
Rare Poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 SSII/FR ZCP DCT

KW sleeve kit installed wrong?

I've been a member since 2008. I rarely post but I get on here almost everyday. I recently had the KW sleeve kit installed on my 11 E90 M3. I could have done it myself (I put springs on my previous 08 M3) but I was lazy this time and took it to a shop.

With the driver's side all the way down, it is higher than the passenger side that is several turns up. I jacked it up and took off the wheels. It seems the spring perch on the driver's side is sitting on the shock about a half inch higher than the one on the passenger side. How is this possible? I thought it only fit one way. Any ideas on how to fix this without taking the whole thing apart? I really don't want to take it back to the shop either as it wasn't the best experience and it's 90 miles away. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
rocket_science
424 ASP
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 AW E92 M3 ZCP

There is only one thing I can think of aside from improper install.

Most likely, the threaded sleeve/body of the KW may not be completely seated on the shock body and sitting a bit higher. If this is the case and not something more serious, the sleeve should seat itself after a drive and level out

Also, be aware that rear height differences can show up as front mis-adjustment as well so be certain that the rears are even (hence corner weighting).
Attached Images

Last edited by rocket_science; 04-01-2014 at 09:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 09:44 AM   #3
turbogsr10
Rare Poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 SSII/FR ZCP DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocket_science View Post
There is only one thing I can think of aside from improper install.

Most likely, the threaded sleeve/body of the KW may not be completely seated on the shock body and sitting a bit higher. If this is the case and not something more serious, the sleeve should seat itself after a drive and level out

Also, be aware that rear height differences can show up as front mis-adjustment as well so be certain that the rears are even (hence corner weighting).
That's what I thought originally. I've only driven it about 100 miles since the install. I guess I'll drive it some more and see what happens.

I did adjust the rears yesterday to make them even. It helped some, but the front still looks jacked up a bit.
Appreciate 0