BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

EXXEL Distributions

04-25-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Beamer3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Roadster

Question Soft top question

The weather turned warm here for the first time so I took my 2008 ///M roadster for a top down ride. It sat all winter, with the top up and covered. I just drove back into the garage and I am still unsure whether I should leave the top up or down during the driving season.

It is no big deal putting the top up each time, but am I am stressing the motors needlessly or putting more unnecessary wear on the soft top folds? Should I leave it down? Leaving it down seems to leave some crinkles (is that a word?) in the material, which fade as it is restreched.

Lastly, the car only has 1200 miles on it, do you think the new car smell will fade quicker with the top left down? I love the smell.

Leaving it down allows me to keep the insert covers I purchsed to hide the top frame on the sides and gives it a cleaner top down look.

What would you folks suggest?

2009 550i and 2008 X3
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 10:16 PM   #2
xg3
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Was 03 Z4, now 10 GTI

just drive...

is a soft top.. is meant to be used... if u dun use it.. it will tear and wear, if you use, it will tear and wear...
Appreciate 0