BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Mporium BMW

01-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
burton727
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Guys, Interview tomorrow

Hey everyone, i wanna make this short and sweet

I have an interview tomorrow for a parts consultant position, at a Volkswagen Dealership. I'm meeting with a girl in their HR department at another dealership they own to discuss the posision.

i've gone over the typical interview questions and what not but can't help but be nervous, I'm currently in retail management.

So any tips so I'm not sitting there with my heart beating out of my chest and sweating all over her? haha i got the dress nice part and bring copy of ref letters and resume with me. anything helpful would be great
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #2
burton727
Second Lieutenant
Rep

anyone!?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
be yourself, be honest about who you are, why you want the job, be polite, be respectful, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 07:11 PM   #4
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

Never bad mouth a former employer. Ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 07:13 PM   #5
E92TTKING
Colonel
Greece
Rep
Drives: e92

dont stare at tits

I can never get this one right
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #6
E90MIA
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92TTKING View Post
dont stare at tits

lmao.
      01-22-2012, 07:18 PM   #7
yakev724
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 15 S3

Quote:
dont stare at tits

Appreciate 0
      01-22-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
Javi335
Troll but nice
Spain
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
be yourself, be honest about who you are, why you want the job, be polite, be respectful, etc.
thats is good, but ... i dont want to twist you burton, i had to tell you: dont let the interviewer cold ... be agressive (dont kick nothig, not that way) show you hungry of work -not for a job- determinated, strong ... go there and eat it ...

good look
There was me, that is Alex, and my three droogs, that is Pete, Georgie, and Dim, and we sat in the Korova Milkbar trying to make up our rassoodocks what to do with the evening. The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultra-violence.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 04:58 AM   #9
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Beta blockers
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
Pcemkr
Pro Hater
Rep
Drives: Low and slow

Eat a banana beforehand and sell yourself.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #11
Wolf
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: on hold

I have just graduated from college and did my first interview about a month ago and got the job immediately... I was interviewed by 2 people... the first was from the UK, he just read my resume in front of me and asked me questions about my area of expertise. Obviously, since I am a fresh graduate he didn't expect much... The second person was a girl which made getting the job much easier.

I can tell you that a good confident smile (emphases on the confident smile and not the goofy smile) and a firm response will get you the job. Also a firm handshake is good. Take a few seconds to answer and don't hesitate. If you know the answer already don't act as if you're on jeopardy. And for God's sake don't nod or agree on everything. I felt more relaxed when she interviewed me. I think women love to see a man talk about a shared interest. DON'T STARE AT TITS... haha I did, lucky she didn't see me lol. and I know the comment on bananas was a joke but if you eat bananas you will not have explosive diarrhea when you're seconds away from walking into the building you are supposed to be interviewed in.

Also, the interview is not supposed to be one way... at the end, when she asks if you have any questions, ask some. like can i grow in this company? Will I be treated respectfully, make some shit up... doesn't have to be all about the paycheck but some questions that will make her as if she's being interviewed also. And don't agree on the paycheck or anything on the spot... tell her that you need a couple of days to think it through... hope it helps
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
Pcemkr
Pro Hater
Rep
Drives: Low and slow

Bananas help calm nerves, Mr. Pro.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
MiddleAgedAl
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

No offense meant to anyone here who is in HR in any capacity, but it's been my experience that if you show me a room full of Mensa members, I'll show you a room that has no HR people in it. Often they are looking for the "soft skills" type stuff, not the specific knowledge/technical aspects of the job. She probably wont ask you much about cars, because she probably lacks the knowledge to know if your answers are full of crap or not. She'll probably be looking more for a positive, can-do attitude than anything else.

When they ask if you have any questions, it is NEVER the correct answer to say no. Do research and ask something, anything, even if you know the answer to it. The point is to show you have taken the effort to do your homework.

One question that I've always gotten good mileage out of is "What are the common denominators of the most successful people at this company." For some reason, HR types just eat that stuff up. I often get "wow- thats a really good question, I've never been asked that before".

Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #14
burton727
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hey thanks for all the helpful tips everyone, i went in was a bit nervous at first but had a positive attitude and a confident smile/answers and i ended up getting a call yesterday morning that i got the job. she was impressed that i went to the company and spoke to the manager about looking to get in part time when she asked me 'where did you hear about the job' you could tell she was impressed with my strong desire to work. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #15
NoMods
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5

Garage List
2022 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
dont stare at tits

QFT!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 10:26 AM   #16
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

you wanna be calm and collective when you go in. The best way to calm yourself down is to clean the pipes...
Appreciate 0