BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

European Auto Source (EAS)

06-07-2012, 08:21 PM   #89
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

looking for some advise... My Monk is getting murdered left and right in Inferno. below are my stats and equipt. Do I just need to get more items with all resistance?

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:52 PM   #90
e90fun
('''\(;,,,;)/''')
Rep
Drives: AW 335i e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makushr1 View Post
looking for some advise... My Monk is getting murdered left and right in Inferno. below are my stats and equipt. Do I just need to get more items with all resistance?
MORE resistance.

you need atleast 500 to even be valuable in inferno as a monk.

with a monk, just pick one resistance and get it on every peice possible until you hit around that 500-700 mark and use the passive "one with all" or something like that.

I had ~670 buffed with my monk and still had a tough time in act 3.

I rerolled a witch doctor two days ago and havent looked back.

Striped my monk of his weapons and gear (~5 million in gear) and am having a blast with the kiting and insane amount of damage instead of pulling hair out with my monk..
      06-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #91
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fun View Post
MORE resistance.

you need atleast 500 to even be valuable in inferno as a monk.

with a monk, just pick one resistance and get it on every peice possible until you hit around that 500-700 mark and use the passive "one with all" or something like that.

I had ~670 buffed with my monk and still had a tough time in act 3.

I rerolled a witch doctor two days ago and havent looked back.

Striped my monk of his weapons and gear (~5 million in gear) and am having a blast with the kiting and insane amount of damage instead of pulling hair out with my monk..
I guess I have more fire res than anything else. I'll try getting more just fire and using that passive. Thanks, I figured it was my resistance.

Also, how is Physical Resistance different from Damage Reduction?

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 03:42 PM   #92
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makushr1 View Post

Lots of problems there man, I don't know where to begin but it comes down to GEAR (don't take offense to this post ).

1) Like others said, your resistances are horrid! 400 should be the minimum....700 is ideal for melee characters in inferno. However, see #3 which I think should be addressed simultaneously with resistance.

2) 9K dps and 16K life very low, dare I say too low, for inferno. Aim for over 30K life and 15K dps if you are going to be a more defensive role.

3) Finally, and most importantly for a Monk, your Life on Hit is ZERO! That's what will keep you alive. Google or youtube monks with very high Life on hit.....it's the only viable way to survive as melee.

3a) Along with Life on hit....your attack speed is very low. 1.4 attacks per second is not cutting it either. Find some rings, gloves, or a weapon with increased attack speed modifer.

Recommendation: Use whatever gold you have to buy gear on the AH to address these issues. If you are able, farm Act 1 inferno to find items and make more gold to get the items you want. I'm able to make 400-500K per hour doing my secret farm run + warden/butcher run. I have each run down to about 30 minutes, usually come out with x10 yellows, tons of gold, blues to sell, and an ocasional legendary. Nothign found was good enough for me to use, however, they do sell on the AH to add to that 400K per hour run.

- hit me up if you need more help. Oh, were you able to solo Hell Act IV and Diablo? It's a good measurement if you are ready for Act 1 inferno...Act 2 infero is a whole other story.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /

Last edited by Syndicategt; 06-08-2012 at 03:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #93
Gdubz
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tanzanite M440i (Soon)

Thankfully they're addressing the difficulty jump from a1 to a2 inferno. That pretty much made me give up on my barb for now, my wizard's in the 50s..

Aside from being squishy as shit, it's nice to cast a spell or two and kite while the damage numbers just fly up the screen.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2012, 04:30 AM   #94
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post

I'll show you that spot tonight! Luong (Jellie) and I did a few runs the other night. Our very 1st run included:
- 2 Rare bosses
- 1 Magic boss
- 1 Treasure goblin
- 1 Epic "replenishing" chest

I found multiple yellow and blue items and x1 Legendary shield in only one run. Only bad part is, not all the yellows are level 60-62.
MSG me if you see me logged on and I'll do a run (or a bunch) with you

I'm at 58k dps and 40k hp, but I would love more dps
      06-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #95
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by san~man View Post
MSG me if you see me logged on and I'll do a run (or a bunch) with you

I'm at 58k dps and 40k hp, but I would love more dps
On now if you are interested. Damn, I'm falling behind. I'm at 35K dps/30K life/ 450 all resistances. I need to find some GG item to sell....I'm so broke.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 03:41 PM   #96
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Lots of problems there man, I don't know where to begin but it comes down to GEAR (don't take offense to this post ).

1) Like others said, your resistances are horrid! 400 should be the minimum....700 is ideal for melee characters in inferno. However, see #3 which I think should be addressed simultaneously with resistance.

2) 9K dps and 16K life very low, dare I say too low, for inferno. Aim for over 30K life and 15K dps if you are going to be a more defensive role.

3) Finally, and most importantly for a Monk, your Life on Hit is ZERO! That's what will keep you alive. Google or youtube monks with very high Life on hit.....it's the only viable way to survive as melee.

3a) Along with Life on hit....your attack speed is very low. 1.4 attacks per second is not cutting it either. Find some rings, gloves, or a weapon with increased attack speed modifer.

Recommendation: Use whatever gold you have to buy gear on the AH to address these issues. If you are able, farm Act 1 inferno to find items and make more gold to get the items you want. I'm able to make 400-500K per hour doing my secret farm run + warden/butcher run. I have each run down to about 30 minutes, usually come out with x10 yellows, tons of gold, blues to sell, and an ocasional legendary. Nothign found was good enough for me to use, however, they do sell on the AH to add to that 400K per hour run.

- hit me up if you need more help. Oh, were you able to solo Hell Act IV and Diablo? It's a good measurement if you are ready for Act 1 inferno...Act 2 infero is a whole other story.
Agree with all points... I've been doing some research as I've heard Inferno can be quite the suckfest if you're not ready for it. I'm a DH so I need to focus more on kiting and slipping attacks, but I still need to ensure I don't get one-shot if I get hit. One thing I noticed that is low is 16k HP. I mean I'm still in Hell, Act 2 and my HP is 20k and about 10k DPS. Not great, but working on it.

I spent a lot of money on AH stuff, so I'm pretty broke, although I managed to craft a pretty sweet bow the other day. I have different weapon sets for different stuff, but this bow is pretty nice (attack speed, lightning damage, dexterity).

All in all, I'm enjoying the class

Last edited by Templar; 06-11-2012 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #97
san~man
Tired
Rep

I met guy playing a DH who runs act 3 for gear. He's at 175K DPS with 18K life, almost zero resists. His mentality is that almost everything will 1 shot you (2-3 at most), so he uses the "kill first" mentality.
      06-11-2012, 05:33 PM   #98
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Sold a legendary chestpiece earlier this morning. Made 5 million gold :]

With the upgrades that was able to get me, im sitting at ~42k HP, ~800-900 resists all around, ~700 Life on hit, 31% block chance, with 16% dodge chance, and ~75% over all damage resist from armor. Combined with my passive 20% less magic damage taken (from superstition), I was able to tank ACT 3 and Inferno Whimsyshire for my buddies (haven't dabbled in Act 4 yet, but that will come soon). Add me if you'd like someone to tank something :]

Tasty#1324
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 11:37 AM   #99
markham335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

darn lost my level 40 hc barb in the lag yesterday.... was geared so nicely

on a good note..

BEAT THE GAME killed inferno diablo a few days ago on my softcore demon hunter
Upgrades: <Cobb V3, DCI, BMS downpipes, ER charge pipe, Forge DV, bbs ch-r, 30%tint all around, bmw performance exhaust, umnitza V4 angel eyes>.....Next upgrades (I would like):intercooler, BBK, turbo upgrade....etc....
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #100
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by markham335i View Post
darn lost my level 40 hc barb in the lag yesterday.... was geared so nicely

on a good note..

BEAT THE GAME killed inferno diablo a few days ago on my softcore demon hunter
Aww man that sucks, I was watching you level up. Well you can blame your death on all the gold dupers / exploiters causing the lag issues. It go so bad, Blizzard went in and did a quick patch yesterday, causing the lag. You might get lucky, Asia had a 24hr rollback, I havn't heard if US servers are doing the same. Bad thing is now the economy is flooded with billions of gold, so if you were not exploiting the system, you can not afford the good gear on the AH.

Last edited by Syndicategt; 06-12-2012 at 12:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 09:16 PM   #101
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Mark, read this from Bnet. 1000's more like you died in HC yesterday.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5760136547
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2012, 09:59 PM   #102
san~man
Tired
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammonia View Post
Sold a legendary chestpiece earlier this morning. Made 5 million gold :]

With the upgrades that was able to get me, im sitting at ~42k HP, ~800-900 resists all around, ~700 Life on hit, 31% block chance, with 16% dodge chance, and ~75% over all damage resist from armor. Combined with my passive 20% less magic damage taken (from superstition), I was able to tank ACT 3 and Inferno Whimsyshire for my buddies (haven't dabbled in Act 4 yet, but that will come soon). Add me if you'd like someone to tank something :]

Tasty#1324
I may take you up on that. Act II is REALLYpissing me off
      06-13-2012, 12:42 AM   #103
e90fun
('''\(;,,,;)/''')
Rep
Drives: AW 335i e90

hows everyones experience from RMAH?

i spent like 5 dollars and got four pieces of real good armor.

the weapons are grossly overpriced right now.

I'm not seeing myself playing this game for much longer, theres just something about it that isnt keeping me addicted..
      06-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #104
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90fun View Post
hows everyones experience from RMAH?

i spent like 5 dollars and got four pieces of real good armor.

the weapons are grossly overpriced right now.

I'm not seeing myself playing this game for much longer, theres just something about it that isnt keeping me addicted..
Way overpriced right now. I'm waiting for things to settle before I try it.

I put a few things up there that I thought might sell, but no luck so far. I'll give it a chance after things die down.

Saw some 2h xbow's for my DH that I'd love to have, but I'm not spending $190+ on a digital item, lol...
      06-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #105
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep

I'm close to having paid for the game with RMAH so far haha, stockpiled a few All-Resist items and sold all 8-9 of them for a total of about ~$40. Once gear starts flooding the market after the inferno nerfs, expect prices to drop considerably though.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #106
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I added credits to my account via PayPal, howerver, it's been nearly a day and it still hasn't updated in game yet. I'm kinda worried. I want to spend money now, so I can farm gear quicker and sell it while it's still worth something. Currently doing Inferno Act 2 runs, basically get my NV to a 5 stack in the Oasis and kill Kulle.....hey usually drops 2-4 high level 60 yellows. Sucks they don't let you make games quickly now, farming the treasure goblin right at the waypoint was easy loot and could do 1 run per minute.

I did pay off the game already, just sold a ring for $75. Yea Tasty, I just sold that ring I found this morning 117 int / all res / 15% attack speed increase.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 03:58 PM   #107
BigP535I
Second Lieutenant
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: F10 AW Mtech

Quote:
I did pay off the game already, just sold a ring for $75. Yea Tasty, I just sold that ring I found this morning 117 int / all res / 15% attack speed increase.
wow, some real addicts on this game...Id never pay real money for digital in game items...but dam more props to you for getting that cash!!! . Those stats dont even seem all that impressive unless all res is at a really high lvl. But anyways where do you go to get to rmah? I only see see link to regular auction house
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #108
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep

Oh it was a bombass ring, I knew you'd get the money for it! And RMAH, click on the currency thing on the top right of the AH window
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 01:42 PM   #109
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigP535I View Post
wow, some real addicts on this game...Id never pay real money for digital in game items...but dam more props to you for getting that cash!!! . Those stats dont even seem all that impressive unless all res is at a really high lvl. But anyways where do you go to get to rmah? I only see see link to regular auction house
Well when you have plenty of disposable income, I don't mind spending some on enhancing the pleasure of one of my hobbies. It's no different than spending tens of thousands on modding and tracking my cars, just a more expensive hobby Besides, I've earned x3 the amount spent on the RMAH, wonder if I have to file this on my taxes as extra income
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #110
BigP535I
Second Lieutenant
Cambodia
Rep
Drives: F10 AW Mtech

Quote:
Well when you have plenty of disposable income, I don't mind spending some on enhancing the pleasure of one of my hobbies. It's no different than spending tens of thousands on modding and tracking my cars, just a more expensive hobby Besides, I've earned x3 the amount spent on the RMAH, wonder if I have to file this on my taxes as extra income
modding invovles REAL items though
Appreciate 0