BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

BPM

08-17-2013, 03:23 AM   #1
BIU
Captain
Rep
Drives: M

Dinan fixed camber plates + KW V3

Does not seem to be a common combo since most members either run the Dinan fixed plates with the original Dinan setups or the aftermarket coilover guys usually run the adjustable plates ala Vorshlag, GC, TCK etc..

I have searched and was only able to find one thread in which a member stated they ran this combo with no problems.. (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=690349)

To my understanding the plates were designed for OE style springs which the Dinan and KW V3 springs also are..

Would love to get a few more assurring responses so I wont be buying plates that wont fit...

TIA
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
BIU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Got your PM...

I actually ended up ditching the Dinan camber plates running the KW V3's. I was running quite an aggressive wheel and tire set-up as well, with pulled fenders and 18's 275's in the front and 18's 315's in the rear. I had very aggressive camber to begin with, and I ran into some issues with the Dinan plates (rubbing), but that was mostly due to me running a borderline insane setup.

If you have a "regular" tire size in the front you'll be fine.

Having said that I don't think you need the Dinan camber plates with the KW V3's to begin with, after I pulled them I didn't feel any difference, and camber was perfect.

Hope that helps a little.

Philip
Thanks for your response Phil

Part of the reason I am considering the plates is also because of my aggressive front fitment

My camber is currently 1.5 up front... I am hoping to get around the 2.0 zone to benefit from the increased performance and also eliminate possible rubbing + improve the visual aspect of my stance.. (I dont need a whole lot so hence I wont be needing the larger range of the adjustable plates + the possible NVH)

So I guess your setup can confirm that the Dinan fixed plates are indeed compatible with the V3?

Last edited by BIU; 08-17-2013 at 09:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
BIU
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
Anytime.

Yeah, they'll fit. Do you have the KW's installed already? If not, I'd run it first without the plates, and do another alignment, than add the plates if needed.
Im already in phase 2

Just sucks that I'll have to pull the front shocks out again now for the camber plates... get another alignment done etc...

Guess sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do...

Good to hear the Dinan plates will work since they will offer me the camber range I need... no NVH... plus cheaper than the adjustable plates
Appreciate 0