BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

05-03-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

M-C practice shots

I posted this already on the photo gallery section, but I realized that was a huge mistake. Its full of morons, should have just posted here where deserves to be for REAL feedback.

------
Was doing some practice shots and working with 2 new girls. I'm preparing for HIN Boston as well my own car shoot May 15th (stay tuned for that). It will hopefully be 4 girls.

This is my car before... after the 15th will be RIMS!!! Yay

"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegacy View Post

Not bad, but I think I'd move the shot framing so that the model was more to the left instead of in the center of the shot. Also, those blue tarps in the back right are really bugging me......

Quote:
What's with the "Junction Produce" pillow? It looks totally out of place, like a forced product placement shot. Lose it, or if you must keep it, do something else with it that is not so forced looking.

Quote:
The cars in the background seem distracting, especially the one with the ski rack. I don't know what lens you are using, but I wonder how this shot would look with a really shallow DOF? Basically just the back of the car and the models in focus? If you have a slow lens, then you probably can't get the shallow DOF. Maybe a 50mm prime.....

What I'm confused about is what is your primary subject? Is it the car, the models or does it depend on the shot? The middle two are certainly only about the models, which is fine. But the composition comes across more "sleazy" than "sensual." Maybe that was the feel you were looking for, in which case, great!
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2009, 05:14 PM   #3
TheLegacy
Gangsta status
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 E39 M5, heavily modded

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
What I'm confused about is what is your primary subject? Is it the car, the models or does it depend on the shot? The middle two are certainly only about the models, which is fine. But the composition comes across more "sleazy" than "sensual." Maybe that was the feel you were looking for, in which case, great!
The tarp etc would be deal with on day of shoot. Yesterday was a recon/practice at my friends shop where I do most my car shoots.

The JP pillow was meant to be shown, thats the point (my VIP ish).

This was the last little bit of THEIR portfolio shots, just practicing with my car. Its not the actual shoot for my car yet, it will be may 15th with my new rims. I was just working with them to get the feel of car modeling, this was their first time.

rest of the day was just them

"Ready for the Apocalypse"
Appreciate 0