BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

BPM

04-25-2014, 08:23 AM   #1
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Stone Cold Silverstone /// M3

I would like to officially introduce myself to the M3POST community. I recently purchased my first BMW, a 2008 6MT SILVERSTONE II M3 with all the extras. Ive had it for a couple of months now and I love the car. Ive been following this forum for a while and got a lot of inspiration from you guys. I've had to get the rear windshield and the two rear windows re-tinted because it was too dark to pass a registration inspection as I bought the car from interstate. The only thing that I've done besides that is Opti-Coat Paint Protection.
I took a few photos today with my iPhone and they didn't come out too bad so I thought I would post them up.

Some minor mods I plan on doing are:
- Dtec V9's Angel Eyes (on order)
- Painting the stock muffler matte black for a more stealth look
- Replacing the center console and rear cup holders as they have a few
minor scratches.

As time goes on I'm sure I will be tempted into a few other upgrades(which I told myself and my misses that I wouldn't be doing ) such as:
- Darker tint
- LCI tail lights
- Front lip & Rear Diffuser (I like the look of the Vorsteiner but I still need to do more research)
- Exhaust (probably just mufflers as I'm getting old....ish)
- EDIT New Shoes
Attached Images

Last edited by Melo-T; 05-16-2014 at 02:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:14 AM   #2
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Looks good.™
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
nicebraces
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E93 M3/'14 Cayenne Turbo S

Welcome and congrats!!! Also consider new shoes, but be careful: once you start modding, you can't stop!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 05:35 PM   #4
DuaneTh
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 2008 E92

Looks good! Where you based?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 05:46 PM   #5
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicebraces View Post
Welcome and congrats!!! Also consider new shoes, but be careful: once you start modding, you can't stop!!!
Thanks...Haha, I was trying not to go down this modding path, because I know the consequences but this forum puts so many ideas into my head.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneTh View Post
Looks good! Where you based?
Cheers man, I'm in Adelaide
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #7
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo-T View Post
Cheers man, I'm in Adelaide
Congratulations!

First thing you need to do is to get rid of those wheels. They look ancient and doesn't help the age and look of the car ... may be the competition package wheels.

Enjoy the car and safe driving.
      04-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #8
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

HAHA Yeah the wheels are somewhere between the diffuser and the exhaust. It's a never ending list.

I honestly don't mind the 220 wheels on a Silverstone car...for now anyway.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #9
Stilly
BPM stage 1 tune, Reversing camera, Exhaust Mod
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Pure (comp pack)

M3 Wheels

The 359 style is the one of the best looking wheels on a M3, black or silver IMO
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 01:50 AM   #10
LSM3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F06 ///M6 GranCoupe

Congratulations and welcome to E9XM ownership! Looks beautiful and looking forward to seeing future updates on mods.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 02:22 AM   #11
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

What's your opinions on custom number plates? I personally don't mind them myself and have thought about getting one but my misses thinks they are for tossers (no offence to anyone).
      04-26-2014, 03:15 AM   #12
LSM3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
What's your opinions on custom number plates? I personally don't mind them myself and have thought about getting one but my misses thinks they are for tossers (no offence to anyone).
If you get a combination like QUP2CME or UCNFAP or something stupid like that, then yes.

I like the colour combinations of personalised plates (traditional white on black in victoria), and you can have combinations that are not wanky.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 03:41 AM   #13
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I was thinking about something a bit more classy like: IB6UB9 ...jk

Yeh I also like the colour combinations of custom plates. If I was to get one I'd probably go with black background and silver writing.

I don't mind the look of the euro plates either but I don't know if I can justify paying money every year for a custom plate. This is not going to be a 'show' car or anything like that.
Attached Images

Last edited by Melo-T; 04-26-2014 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2014, 03:57 AM   #14
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Nice pics mate, you've got some nice skills there

She looks nice and clean, good luck with her!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 04:08 AM   #15
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I got my interior all looking schmick again . I bought a center console in perfect condition from "aussiem3". He is a top bloke and was very helpful, explained to me how to replace the console. It wasn't too difficult at all once somebody explained it to me.

Now im just waiting for my rear cup holders from ECS and my Dtec 9.5s AE. (hopefully they will be here soon).

I also bought a Leatherique Rejuvenation kit, I've heard some great reviews about this product and can't wait to use it. Now I just need a nice 25+ degree day.
      05-07-2014, 05:18 AM   #16
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
I got my interior all looking schmick again . I bought a center console in perfect condition from "aussiem3". He is a top bloke and was very helpful, explained to me how to replace the console. It wasn't too difficult at all once somebody explained it to me.

Now im just waiting for my rear cup holders from ECS and my Dtec 9.5s AE. (hopefully they will be here soon).

I also bought a Leatherique Rejuvenation kit, I've heard some great reviews about this product and can't wait to use it. Now I just need a nice 25+ degree day.
Glad it all worked well for you, and thank you for your compliments. Leatherique is a great product ands you cannot go wrong. I use Lux flakes for my regular cleaning. Mix a tablespoon full with some warm water and wipe down the seats. It's very effective and harmless on the nappa leather on our cars. Then apply a conditioner.
      05-09-2014, 03:58 AM   #17
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I was planning to paint my rear muffler matte black to hide the ugly orange marks until the boss lets me get a new exhaust. Before painting it I decided to see if I could clean it up with sandpaper and some exhaust polish. I'm quite pleased with the results. It still could use a bit more sanding inside the grooves but it started raining so I had to call it a day. No paint needed.
Attached Images

05-09-2014, 05:15 AM   #18
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
I was planning to paint my rear muffler matte black to hide the ugly orange marks until the boss lets me get a new exhaust. Before painting it I decided to see if I could clean it up with sandpaper and some exhaust polish. I'm quite pleased with the results. It still could use a bit more sanding inside the grooves but it started raining so I had to call it a day. No paint needed.
Yes i'm doing this 2/year too and keep it's clean !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2014, 04:44 AM   #19
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium
Quote:
Yes i'm doing this 2/year too and keep it's clean !
Yes I think I will be doing the same! Looks much better after a clean.
      05-16-2014, 04:45 AM   #20
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

We finally had some decent weather today it was 25degrees so I decided to try out the Leatherique rejuvenation kit. My interior was in pretty good shape it only looks like the drivers seat has been used. I got home at around 3pm today and decided to apply the rejuvenation oil to my interior. I'm leaving the oil on overnight and all day tomorrow. I used about a quarter of a 500ml bottle for the whole car (I'm not sure if I was meant to apply more) but I totally covered the seats and leather interior. Tomorrow night I will do the final step with the Pristine Clean.

This is a picture of the interior before and during the process.
(Sorry about the crappy quality pics)
Attached Images

05-17-2014, 03:56 AM   #21
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I waited 24 hours, buffed off the Rujevenation Oil with a wet rag and then applied the Pristine Clean. This stuff seems pretty good and leaves a nice matt finnish. Overall I think my seats look pretty good, I'm not sure if you can see any difference but in person they definately look better then before.

Overall I think Leatherique is a good product but ITS A LOT OF WORK. A little bit too much for my liking( I was sweating my balls off on a 25 degree mild Autumn day.(I would hate to be doing this in the middle of summer)In the future I think I might just go over the seats with the Pristine Clean although people swear by the Rejuvenation Oil. Other people have different opinions saying that the oil doesn't get absorbed by the leather on newer cars (http://www.autopia.org/forum/topic/1...-for-how-long/) Check out Deanski's and other peoples comments).
Attached Images

05-17-2014, 04:10 AM   #22
LSM3
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I've heard great things about the Leatherique products, and was going to purchase some next.

I am currently using Final Inspection Leather Clean and Leather Feed.

I am yet to find any leather clean/feed products that do not involve sweating your balls off in the back of your car to cover every nook and cranny of leather. Its a b1tch of a job, and thank fcuk its only really required every 6-12months
Appreciate 0