BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

Mporium BMW

02-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
enycejason
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

WTB: Exhaust / advice needed

hey guy. i know there alot of thread going around on which exhaust sound more exotic. but wanted to have another opinion.

like the title stated i'm in the market for an exhaust again the last one i sold because of various reason. one was because it was to loud and there was drone on the gt2 and didnt like the high pitch sound. another reason was deciding on if it would be my daily driving car.

i was looking for something that doesn't drone and can be for my daily driving..

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
MShao825
Go Terps!
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII/FR E92 M3

I think you'll find that any aftermarket exhaust will drone. In terms of being a great daily driver exhaust though, I've heard nothing but positive things about the Eisenmann Sport. I personally have the Eisenmann Race and love it on my daily driver, but it is definitely loud. The Sport is quieter and drones less, and Sport owners say the exhaust isn't much louder than stock, it just sounds better/more exotic. Hope this helps
      02-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #3
drft92
Giggity
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92m

I think your best bet is to meet up with people from the board and listen for yourself. Everyone has their own opinion, what's tame sounding to one person may be extremely loud to another! I live in Essex County NJ, your more then welcome to come hear my car. I have FabSpeed resonated x-pipe/200cell hfc's with a Gintani Race rear section, it is very loud however you might get an idea of the deep sound the Gintani projects.

Ash
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #4
MCarRacr07
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a couple still in the garage

[QUOTE=drft92;6758550]I think your best bet is to meet up with people from the board and listen for yourself. Everyone has their own opinion, what's tame sounding to one person may be extremely loud to another! I live in Essex County NJ, your more then welcome to come hear my car. I have FabSpeed resonated x-pipe/200cell hfc's with a Gintani Race rear section, it is very loud however you might get an idea of the deep sound the Gintani projects.

Ash[/QUOte

Would love to hear your car as I also have the Fabspeed Set-up w/the 200 cel HFC and the x-pipe resonator delete...only I go into a stock exhaust as I cant pull the trigger on one yet. I also have the GIAC tune and BMC drop in filters.
Maybe in the spring we can get a meet going of some sort
Regards
S
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 09:08 AM   #5
Derek@MAC Auto Couture
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Without question, the most exotic sounding E9X M3 exhaust is AA. We've installed just about every one available at this point, and the AA give the V8 and also Lambo tone- amazing. PM J08M3, we did his not too long ago after he was not satisfied with his Eisenmann.
Let us know if we can assist with your purchase/ install we are dealers for both companies.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #6
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek@MAC Auto Couture View Post
Without question, the most exotic sounding E9X M3 exhaust is AA. We've installed just about every one available at this point, and the AA give the V8 and also Lambo tone- amazing. PM J08M3, we did his not too long ago after he was not satisfied with his Eisenmann.
Let us know if we can assist with your purchase/ install we are dealers for both companies.
Nothing against the Eisenmann.... Love the sound of that too, but the AA definitely is more exotic sounding. I also wanted a bit more volume that Eisenmann sport, but was afraid Eisenmann Race would be too loud. AA is pretty much right in the middle.

Here's AA with Fabspeed HFC and X-pipe.... while on the lift at MAC
      02-20-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
drft92
Giggity
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92m

[QUOTE=MCarRacr07;6760117]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drft92 View Post
I think your best bet is to meet up with people from the board and listen for yourself. Everyone has their own opinion, what's tame sounding to one person may be extremely loud to another! I live in Essex County NJ, your more then welcome to come hear my car. I have FabSpeed resonated x-pipe/200cell hfc's with a Gintani Race rear section, it is very loud however you might get an idea of the deep sound the Gintani projects.

Ash[/QUOte

Would love to hear your car as I also have the Fabspeed Set-up w/the 200 cel HFC and the x-pipe resonator delete...only I go into a stock exhaust as I cant pull the trigger on one yet. I also have the GIAC tune and BMC drop in filters.
Maybe in the spring we can get a meet going of some sort
Regards
S
I think that would be great, let's try to organize a small get together with some of the other local board members. Possibly a run up to Hawk's nest! Let me know...

Ash
Appreciate 0