BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-30-2007, 08:12 PM   #23
RokX
'07 E92 335i SOLD
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 Jeep SRT8, SC'd '06 GTO

Funny, I get nothing but compliments and wows. Although I get a few looks when I pull into a handicap spot before they see the placard lol, as I am in a wheelchair. Of course thats when I'm not behind the wheel, who knows how many people I've come across on the road, have uttered while driving "fuckin' BMW drivers...."
      09-30-2007, 08:30 PM   #24
PancakeWafflez
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1smo View Post
I seriously doubt it is the car. They probably could sense you are an arrogant prick just by your demeanor.

You know what I think? You go around driving the car like you got something shoved up your ass because you realize you are going to be making car payments for a long time and it wasn't even exactly what you wanted. Yes, the ZSP does make that big of a difference, especially on the sedan.

I see you made it a point to say your parents didn't buy you the car. Which comes off sounding like you are still living at home and/or you have not cut financial ties with them yet. They bought you the e36 M3 correct? Or was it your dad's hand-me-down?
Wow..You must have some pent up frustrationa and some anger management problems. I suggest you masturbate frequently, dude.

Actually what you think, is about as much as you assume; which is next to nothing that is correct. I drive my turbo'd Honda as well, but I don't get the 'arrogant prick' persona labeled to me. I dont drive my car like I have something shoved up my ass -- wtf???. I dont make any payments dude; My payments were all paid up front. So before you go about talking garbage; understand that you don't know me, so therefore keep your 'finger pointing' comments to a nil. As for the sport package, when I'm done with school; the bimmer is becoming a track car; so I'm not worried about sport seats.

I have actually cut financial ties with my parents dude. I pay my parents car note every month, because mine is already paid for. I also don't live with them.

The m3 was my 2nd car. It wasn't a hand me down....

Sounds like you're one of those guys that has their foot so far up their ass it's starting to show that you've got athletes foot in your mouth.

2007 AlpineWhite/TerraDakota 335i.Sedan.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #25
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
You realize that I'm aiming this at the ignorant people who just assume that BMW owners are reckless and arrogant, right?
agreed, no personal shot at you...just a general statement about the attitude that's too prevalent around here...
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2007, 09:29 PM   #26
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Oh ok...it's all coo haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2007, 11:01 PM   #27
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Time to give my opinion..

If it really bothers you that much, trade in your BMW.
It wouldnt bother me if someone called me a prick, or thought that my 'mommy' bought me my car.
There will always be people that are going to be jealous/envious, and you cant change their opinions of you. (a lot of the time they are just mad that you can afford a BMW, so they have to come up with some excuse as to why you have it, other than you bought it.)
If you are really that insecure about yourself, and think that they might be right, and you are prick.. Chances are, they are right.
Go see a therapist??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnage View Post
mainly because every day more and more retards are finding their way to the BMW brand. The entry point for BMW's is at a level where it's not a special car to own, but too many people act like it's something to be genuflected in front of.

If an outsider was to base their opinion of BMW owners based solely on this forum, they would think that most owners are spoiled jerks who think the world exists mainly to keep them happy and that everyone owes them something. Answers like "fuck them and their opinions" just help cement that perception. Like it or not, since the 335 hit the market, this forum has started to look more and more like an upper-middle class ricer hangout. Look at what you write people, is this the way you articulate to your family, boss, friends, teachers, the rest of the general public?? If so, no wonder people think the way they do about owners.

If people want to start changing a negative perception, then they need to start acting like people who have earned and deserve a better one. Until that starts, just get used to being called an arrogant prick because BMW owners have worked for many years to bring it on themselves and too many of the new generation are just making it worse.
You sound kind of mad that you are stuck at the 'BMW level', and wish that access to a BMW was exclusive.. That way you yourself would seem as if were some wealthy man, living the dream? You don't have to be smart, or suave to own a BMW.. you just have to have the money. Maybe you just wish that people needed a little bit of 'class' to drive one??
Perhaps its time you bump up to a Ferrari or something, since you seem to think you are too good for the BMW name, and feel as though the lower class shouldn't be driving one..

Maybe everyone should start wearing suits whenever they drive their BMW..
People shouldn't have to change who they are, based on the car they are driving.

-Nathan
      10-01-2007, 06:36 AM   #28
j|rz44
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i|E92

Garage List
07 335i  [0.00]
Never look back man
      10-01-2007, 07:02 AM   #29
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Time to give my opinion..

If it really bothers you that much, trade in your BMW.
It wouldnt bother me if someone called me a prick, or thought that my 'mommy' bought me my car.
There will always be people that are going to be jealous/envious, and you cant change their opinions of you. (a lot of the time they are just mad that you can afford a BMW, so they have to come up with some excuse as to why you have it, other than you bought it.)
If you are really that insecure about yourself, and think that they might be right, and you are prick.. Chances are, they are right.
Go see a therapist??

You sound kind of mad that you are stuck at the 'BMW level', and wish that access to a BMW was exclusive.. That way you yourself would seem as if were some wealthy man, living the dream? You don't have to be smart, or suave to own a BMW.. you just have to have the money. Maybe you just wish that people needed a little bit of 'class' to drive one??
Perhaps its time you bump up to a Ferrari or something, since you seem to think you are too good for the BMW name, and feel as though the lower class shouldn't be driving one..

Maybe everyone should start wearing suits whenever they drive their BMW..
People shouldn't have to change who they are, based on the car they are driving.

-Nathan
oh no, I hope psych was/isn't your major. I could care less who drives a BMW, hell I own 2 types of cars that get owners stereotyped, a 3-series and a Vette. I guess one side of me thinks I'm a jogging suit wearing guy from Jersey with gold chains while the other side is an arrogant prick......the moral of the story is you reap what you sow. Don't be upset about how people treat you if you act as such. If that upsets you, work to change it.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2007, 07:09 AM   #30
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Oddly, the only "hate" I get is from people in SUV's who dont like the fact that I dont like sitting behind them. Car fans seem to appreciate it, and I get a lot of waves from "ricers" staring at my wheels. I'm pretty pleased. There will always be haters. Just get some tint.
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2007, 07:16 AM   #31
gbonc335i
recreation connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90 335i

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [0.00]
2007 GMC Denali  [0.00]
1969 Chevy C/10  [0.00]
You guys should check out some of the boltjames posts on bimmerfest.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...29#post2684629