BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-22-2012, 07:09 PM   #23
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The problem with Audi is that what I have seen in marketing in the US and in Europe is that they aim to imitate the BMW image in their marketing but it completely falls flat when you get behind the wheel.

The BMW AG CEO Norbert Reithofer made this comment - "We know exactly what they will do because we will do it first!" And that sums up Audi.

Most opinions not only of the media but of others too give each Audi an average rating.
One example is the Audi A1 quattro - ltd edition but at a price. The media reviews verge on Average and too expensive for what it offers. The upcoming MINI GP will not have AWD nor the astronomical price of the Audi , but it will be much better to drive! and be more fun.

In Germany for example the media are very much unified that the F30 is years ahead of the A4 and C-Klasse respectively.
I have a 320d Sportline and there is more dynamic excitement and responsive steering than any Audi which is not the R8.

Another issue with Audi is that they have limits and most of that is determined by VAG vast resources to provide greater economies of scale.
Therefore they are handicapped in some ways , BMW do not have such limitations. But with any parent with a reluctant stepchild , VAG have their own in the shape of Porsche. Porsche deemed the Boxster was more than adequate for the entry Porsche therefore killed Audi's plans for an R4. By not giving VW a business case for a shared family.

Some good insight. I mean, even the UK guys at AutoExpress agree. And this is a comparo with the 320d.
Appreciate 0