BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

02-17-2013, 04:58 AM   #1
Falcon Keeper
USAF/ Veteran/ F-16 Crew Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Atlantis Blue Metallic M4

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Question Coming Back From South Korea, Storage Question...

In about a month and a half, I will hit my one year long tour here at Kunsan Air Base S. Korea. I currently have my M3 in storage and was wondering if there is anything I should do to it once I get it back into my possession? I currently have 11,676 miles on it. I was thinking about taking it into the dealership and having them do an inspection on it. Would this be ok? The storage facility is climate controlled, they run the car once or twice a month around their lot (never taken off their property), they keep the battery on a trickle charger, keep the fluids maintained as well as tire pressure, and hand wash every 3 to four months. The only thing that I had them not do or even touch was the oil. Any suggestions? Thanks!

- Greg Professional Table Flipper
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
Enzo08
M Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 Golf R, 13 E92 M3

I returned from seven months in Afghanistan last April. My M3 was stored the entire time attached to a trickle charger and I followed all of the recommended storage techniques. I did take it to the dealership upon return for an oil change - zero issues and no problems. All components were solid and I am sold on the benefit of a trickle charger when not driving on a regular basis.

I think a trip to the dealership for an annual oil change and a good detailing will be what is needed.
Appreciate 0