BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

12-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #595
Srikantnayak
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostbite View Post
I got it from a online BMW parts website that's very well known on here (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say websites here) bu the part # is 01990037287 and its listed as "DVD ROAD MAP NORTH A" for $11.56 and most likely say 2011 but 2011 & 2012 update dvds have the same exact part number. I suggest you email them and have them make sure that the part # comes with and they send a total of 6 discs (1, 2, & 3 of 3 for 2011 and 1, 2, & 3 of 3 for 2012) and the discs are labeled "CIC Premium" & "HIGH".

That's step 1. To complete the update you'll need a VIN specific FSC code. I got mine from a guy for $97 and received my code 5 mins after paypaling him! PM for that info.

The update process takes about 2.5hrs and you change discs at 35% & 75%. After you insert disc1, it'll ask for your FSC code. You enter it using the idrive knob and the update will begin after its entered. You can update as long as the cars on so that means you can drive, listen to the radio/iPod or leave the car on but motor off. You can also turn off the car mid update and it'll save your spot and resume when the car turns back on. If you're on disc 3 ans turn off the car, it'll ask you to reinsert disc 1 so dont panic lol. Just insert disc 1 then a couple secs it'll ask to insert disc 2 and then for disc 3 and resume from the last %. The last disc will automatically eject on its own after the update is complete then it'll ask you to accept the Nav restart. All done! You can verify you now have the 2012 maps by clicking Options in the Nav screen then scroll down to Nav Version on the bottom.
Hello, I'm new here. Was looking forms place to get the Thailand navigation map for 2013. Do u know who I can get it from?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #596
My Schnell
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 6MT / Gen II Raptor

I went to a BMW dealer in Houston, Momentum, and ordered part number: 01990037287

I received 3 DVD discs labeled: CiC 2014 NA Nav update

They charged me $6 for the set. I ordered the FCS codes for both of my cars from Sergei and received the codes within 30 mins.

I decided to order the discs vs downloading the USB data because one of my cars is a 04/09 build and I'm not sure if the firmware is updated. The car is in transit from overseas and I will not be able to check until January.

I'd still buy the discs just because of a no-hassle experience ... Especially for $6.
2009 E90 ///M3 SG Fox Red 6MT Slicktop, AA X-pipe w/straight pipes w/Eisenmann Sport, Dinan intake, AA Pulley, ZCP strut retro w/Dinan Stage III susp, BPM Stage II tune, Rear Fog LCI switch, BMW Edition Front & Side Grill/Gill, Thrust Arm Monoball, Solid Subframe Bushes, Black 19x9.5/10.5 APEX PS-7s, Vibra-Technics engine mounts, Auto Solutions shifter 20% throw, WPC treated Rod Bearings & AiB v4-Now, Not Wife approved!!
Appreciate 0