BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

06-18-2010, 09:29 AM   #1
gatoraviator
THE SWAMP '01
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Super Silver GTR

Meisterschaft GT2 Exhaust Owners

For you Meisterschaft GT2 owners, how loud is this thing?? Is it tolerable daily driving? Drone or resonance? I've heard mixed reviews...it sounds mean as hell, but not sure if I want to risk it. My decision is between this one and the Eisenmann Race. However, there are no M3 owners in my area so I can't get a up close and personal view. Thanks for your time.

Last edited by gatoraviator; 06-18-2010 at 11:02 AM.. Reason: misspelling
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Matei
Private First Class
Romania
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Hi. I have the GT2 on my car for a while now. For me the sound is insane, the best sound for just the muffler. You have a strong drone between 1500 and 3500. But when you go past 6000 and up to 8300 it sounds just like a race car. I am a formula car racing driver and I am used to some loud exhauts. I take my car out on weekends and by nightfall when the roads are more clear and for this type of driving the sound is amazing.
I don't use my car for daily driving. One time I used it for 2 weeks and in city driving you get that rough sound in low rpm's wich is annoying. If it was my daily driver I wouldn't have bought the GT2. Another thing is that if you live in a quiet residential area, and you start your car cold ( in the first 2 minutes a pump pushes air into the exhaust to decrease emissions ) the exhaust is really loud and all the car alarms go on and every neighbor can hear you leaving or coming home. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
gatoraviator
THE SWAMP '01
United_States
Rep

Matei, that helps alot. i love the sound of the exhaust, but was afraid it would be too loud. and since it is my daily driver, i guess i'll opt with something else and continue my research. thanks again for your time.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 01:37 PM   #4
MMMorish
Just call me J.J. McClure
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & C4 Corvette

Go with the GT. Louder than the Eisenmann Race, with very little to no drone. Have it, love it, wouldn't trade it! I get thumbs up from at least 2 other drivers everyday.
MODS: Meisterschaft GT Racing Exhaust / BMC Air Filter / UUC SSK & DSSR (Modded)/ RPI Scoops / Passport SRX Hardwired / Custom Wrap 3M Clearbra / 20% Tint / 50% Windshield Tint / Key Hole Delete / Matted Out Accessories / VRS Type II Diffuser / Smoked Reflectors / Euphoria 6K LED Interior Lights / Rear Fog Light Mod / 6000K HID's / 6500K LUX H8 Angel Eyes / RDash License Plate LED Kit / LED Xenon Reverse Lights
"M3 drivers have no friends"
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #5
M3 FRANCE
France
Rep
Drives: M3E92

exhaust gt2

[QUOTE = gatoraviator; 7520720] Pour vous propriétaires GT2 Meisterschaft, comment forte est cette chose?? Est-ce la conduite journalière tolérable? Drone ou la résonance? J'ai entendu des critiques mitigées ... il semble que signifie l'enfer, mais ne sais pas si je veux prendre le risque. Ma décision est entre celui-ci et la course Eisenmann. Cependant, il n'ya pas de propriétaires M3 dans ma région je ne peux pas obtenir une place à proximité et personnels de vue. Merci pour votre temps. [/ QUOTE]

Hello
I am in FRANCE and I also look for an exhaust for my M3 E92.
I also love GT2 but not posible for my neighbors, then I am going to take VANGUARDE or VORSTEINER or YOSAIKAZU

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2010, 10:01 PM   #6
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 FRANCE View Post
[QUOTE = gatoraviator; 7520720] Pour vous propriétaires GT2 Meisterschaft, comment forte est cette chose?? Est-ce la conduite journalière tolérable? Drone ou la résonance? J'ai entendu des critiques mitigées ... il semble que signifie l'enfer, mais ne sais pas si je veux prendre le risque. Ma décision est entre celui-ci et la course Eisenmann. Cependant, il n'ya pas de propriétaires M3 dans ma région je ne peux pas obtenir une place à proximité et personnels de vue. Merci pour votre temps. [/ QUOTE]

Hello
I am in FRANCE and I also look for an exhaust for my M3 E92.
I also love GT2 but not posible for my neighbors, then I am going to take VANGUARDE or VORSTEINER or YOSAIKAZU

Good luck
What he said?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 06:52 PM   #7
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

i think they've just released a valve-tronic option which allows you to control the volume of the exhaust...

called the meisterschaft gtc

look into that.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2010, 07:03 PM   #8
Ca$hOnly
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

GT2 sounds insane, however the drone and noise inside the cabin to me were unbearable. I had to take the exhaust off after about 3k miles.
      06-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #9
gatoraviator
THE SWAMP '01
United_States
Rep

Cash...love your wheels man. I've checked your threads out and sorry u had to sell them. I was looking into getting those, but then saw them on a white M3 and they looked horrible...maybe because the guy didn't have a drop. I know I want new wheels, but I really don't want to lower the car and sacrifice the ride quality...I've done it to my last 2 cars and although they looked hot, the ride sucked and it was a PITA driving anywhere. What were u lowered on and did the ride suck? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2010, 03:06 AM   #10
ASGM3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS VT2-600

hey i got the GT2 and LOVE it ... i wanted a loud exhaust that would bring out the character of the v8 and surely does that . There is drone till 3000 but i'm ok with it and plus its sooo sweet frm 3k to 8k . I say go for it if you can handle a lil drone and plus mines a daily driver .
      06-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
donovan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: R8 - Ford Raptor

LOL that thing is a BEAST but is to got damn loud..

Audi R8 v10
Ford Raptor
m3e46freak@yahoo.comfor all euro parts!!
ebay/craigslist verified/ m3post/e46fanantics/m3forum/zpost/bimmerforum
Appreciate 0