BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

07-03-2013, 07:49 AM   #67
Rk-d
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: GT3 Touring, 993 C4S, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nati Beastcat View Post
I know first world problems right! Just wondering what you guys do when you feel like you've taken your M3 as far as you want to take it? I'm not going to doing anything till next year, but if all goes well I might change it up a bit. Right now I just can't justify another 10-15K in modifications to the E90. With the turbo M's coming out, I don't see spending the money on a supercharger for a car that's 5-6 years old and has no warranty.

Not sure how long some of you keep your cars, but 3-4 years into it I always seem to get the itch. I'm even having thoughts of the dark side.... C63 or a used GTR

Thoughts?

-Beastcat

I usually take it to an abandoned stretch of curvy road and drive the tar out of it. That cures boredom every time.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #68
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep
Drives: X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotk
Quote:
I know first world problems right! Just wondering what you guys do when you feel like you've taken your M3 as far as you want to take it? I'm not going to doing anything till next year, but if all goes well I might change it up a bit. Right now I just can't justify another 10-15K in modifications to the E90. With the turbo M's coming out, I don't see spending the money on a supercharger for a car that's 5-6 years old and has no warranty.

Not sure how long some of you keep your cars, but 3-4 years into it I always seem to get the itch. I'm even having thoughts of the dark side.... C63 or a used GTR

Thoughts?

-Beastcat

I usually take it to an abandoned stretch of curvy road and drive the tar out of it. That cures boredom every time.
Gonna try this today.
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 09:59 AM   #69
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ec_E92
Quote:
Kart tracks are about all we have down here. Closet track is over 3 hours away one way
Putnam is a great beginner track and is 2 hrs away from Cinci.
Mid-Ohio is a blast and is 2.5 hrs away from Cinci, take Rudy P up on his offer!

I've had my E92 since 2009 and my eyes have not wandered...
Always wanted to do some driving classes.
Eisenmann race | Test Pipes | BPM Stage 2 | Vorsteiner | Black lines | AA filter | iND cosmetics | KW Sleeve over | 20" BBS LM's | Macht Schnell Tow Strap | Euro modded front bumper | Revinora lip | iND mirror caps | BMW spoiler | BMW Steering wheel | iND Interior Pkg |You bet Jerez its black and i'll never go back! Instagram @NATIBEASTCAT
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #70
nujabes24
Forever Rest In Beats
Rep
Drives: 2014 MW M4

Joing the cast of fast and the furious 7, vin diesel and Paul walker can make good use of you and your m3. Fucking steal another tank.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #71
Eau Rouge
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
2012 BMW E92 M3  [9.00]
I had driven streets and track in the M3 before leaving the SUV at home for a vacation/road trip. A few thousand miles later, I had an entirely new facet of appreciation for the M3. So, if you get bored with street lights, back roads and track weekend, drive the beast to another part of the country. There's nothing like distance to make the heart grow fonder.
      07-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #72
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eau Rouge View Post
A few thousand miles later, I had an entirely new facet of appreciation for the M3.
It is a great car for long trips over interstate highways (not as fun as the back roads, of course). Set throttle to Sport Plus, EDC on Comfort, and off you go. I do get special satisfaction blowing by the jerks who insist on cruising in the passing lane at 2 mph over the limit...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #73
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nujabes24
Joing the cast of fast and the furious 7, vin diesel and Paul walker can make good use of you and your m3. Fucking steal another tank.
Humm I might need a bigger wing on the back!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 12:33 PM   #74
davesaddiction
is fast cars
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3 6MT SSII BPM Stg II

Quote:
Gonna try this today.
Hope it gets your mind right.

I just ran out, a couple miles down the road, to fill up with gas, and I assure you the word "boring" never entered my head. Love this car...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #75
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Throw it in the gutter and go buy another.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #76
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Would your wife ever get into going along to the track with you? Maybe look at getting a Suburban, or something that can haul the M in a trailer, then load up the fam and head to where the track is. Hang out a couple days. While you're out "playing", the missus could take the kids and go do something, too--whether it's to go to the track for awhile with you, or not.

Also, go take those "just because" trips, every so often. Bored and sitting around on a Sunday? Call and see if a friend can hang out with the kids for just a bit, and you and the lady go tear up some country roads. Take her on a "date", and make sure to embarrass some teenage kid with a ragged out Altima with coffee can exhaust, for good measure!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #77
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

I have yet to keep a car beyond 3 years. I just got my M3 2 months ago, and already planning for next car. not that its happing anytime soon.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 05:28 PM   #78
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio
I have yet to keep a car beyond 3 years. I just got my M3 2 months ago, and already planning for next car. not that its happing anytime soon.
And what is the next car gonna be?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #79
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Probably a kia with 150 shot of nitrous.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #80
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWE90 View Post
DO NOT SELL IT without taking it out on a racetrack just once!

Being passed by a $4500 110hp Miata in your $75,000 400-hp German behemoth is an experience not to be missed.

Instead of being bored, you'll spend your days wondering about how to unbolt the seats, what's the lightest and most uncomfortable seat to replace it with, camber, lightweight wheels and tires, whether to disable traction control, and of course a set of track brakes that won't melt by the 3rd session.

You have never lived until you've done 20 white-knuckle laps at Laguna Seca (or its local equivalent) while being hounded by little Japanese-made fleas.
Great post
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 05:59 PM   #81
thepriceisright
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

I travel a couple times a week for business and end up in shit rental cars. Worse than civics and sentras, horrible Mazdas and Kias. Every time I get home and pull the M3 out of the garage I fall in love again.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #82
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
And what is the next car gonna be?
Thats 3 years away, so really no real answer. theres a lot of next generations of a lot of cars coming out by then. not liking the direction of BMW m either. I am thinking the C7 z06 is going to be a monster with super aggressive styling of course with a N/A V8 motor. thats going to be the car to get.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 06:39 PM   #83
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD
Probably a kia with 150 shot of nitrous.
I'd rather have a ford fiesta with some juice. Or a cougar with the Bugatti body kit.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 08:19 PM   #84
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'd rather have a ford fiesta with some juice. Or a cougar with the Bugatti body kit.
You can probably pick either up cheaply. How about shoehorning an ls3 in a miata.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 12:20 AM   #85
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Almost bought a 2010 GT-R last month as an addition. I eventually changed my mind after I got to hear the owner's true reason for trying to sell it . It was his dream car to own, fulfilled his dream but owning it for street roads only does not make much sense (even less so than the M3). It's big torque grunt, turboed engine and AWD somehow became boring to him.
But Here is a car that would crush even a GT-R with the same turbo'ed V6 engine recipe. It does 0-60 in 1.8 seconds. 0-120mph in 4.8 seconds and driven by a world renowned pilot did the Colorado pike peaks climb in 1:30min faster than previous record. Watching the on board camera however cured me from wanting a turbo'ed engines. That engine sound is terrible. Careful what you wish for you might get it.

http://www.peugeot-sport.com/fr/accueil.html

Last edited by V8FunNaturally; 07-04-2013 at 12:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 12:47 AM   #86
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

well in that case i wish for cate upton and bill gates money.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #87
Nati Beastcat
Party at the Moontower
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet
Almost bought a 2010 GT-R last month as an addition. I eventually changed my mind after I got to hear the owner's true reason for trying to sell it . It was his dream car to own, fulfilled his dream but owning it for street roads only does not make much sense (even less so than the M3). It's big torque grunt, turboed engine and AWD somehow became boring to him.
But Here is a car that would crush even a GT-R with the same turbo'ed V6 engine recipe. It does 0-60 in 1.8 seconds. 0-120mph in 4.8 seconds and driven by a world renowned pilot did the Colorado pike peaks climb in 1:30min faster than previous record. Watching the on board camera however cured me from wanting a turbo'ed engines. That engine sound is terrible. Careful what you wish for you might get it.

http://www.peugeot-sport.com/fr/accueil.html
Interesting. I drove one a while back. Once I was able to re-attach my head to my neck I couldn't quit smiling.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2014, 09:46 AM   #88
JVP13
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 e92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdosu View Post
3 hours to Mid-Ohio is not bad at all...world class track too!

You can try autocross too. They're pretty fun, your car won't kick ass, but still fun nevertheless.
+1 and yeah you'll never use all the power even in stock form with AutoX but it's still fun and mind blowing getting beat by Mini's and Miata's but you do learn a lot about your car and the way it reacts to certain inputs etc. And AutoX is cheap and you can compete, I do it almost every weekend in the summer and it's $25 an event with my SCCA membership. Other than your budget for Tires and Gas it's very reasonable.
Appreciate 0