BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

06-22-2012, 05:08 PM   #551
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
When do you plan on buying or test driving one then?
I'm always suspicious of someone who is more interested in my person than in the cars I talk about on a car forum... especially if it's supposedly a 'male'.

So, I keep on talking about cars... it's them which I've always loved... and girls.

As for the cars...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingTooFast View Post
I'm the kind of guy who usually puts his money where his mouth is... I wouldn't take the trouble if I wasn't genuinely convinced that the Toyobaru really is a cornerstone.

I miss some aspects of the Cayman driving experience... namely its precision, driving position and the manual gearbox - the best gearbox I've ever experienced. Period.

But at the same time I love the challenge of driving the 1M - you are always fighting with yourself as you are always aware that you are not making the most of the 1M capabilities, so you are compelled to push it and yourself to its limits because this car was made to go sideways and you soon will find yourself wishing for better driving skills. Then there's the gas mileage issue which is important when your driving style systematically puts you on the 15 mpg mark and you are paying 2.13 US$ per 0.26 gal.

So, the way I see this Toyobaru is like a fusion between the Porsche and the 1M for the best of their traits... and it just isn't a perfect fusion because of the torque absence... then I have to ask for it!

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 06-22-2012 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2012, 06:06 PM   #552
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 09:38 AM   #553
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 11:19 AM   #554
Lorde
Ya ya ya, I am Lorde, ya ya!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 2015 SQ5

Garage List
2008 BMW M3 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Like in Audi FSI motors, build up of deposits on intake valves and ports at around 30-40k miles in the N54 engine is a known issue and it is still an issue for MOST direct fuel injection engines.

However, in the case of Toyobaru's D-4S injection technology, direct injection is combined with port injection and since gasoline is a powerful solvent when injected during the port injection phase it can prevent any contamination and sooting up the intakes. No oil catch cans will be needed then :

Yet, the aftermarket still sees a need to sell them.

http://www.fastwrx.com/cuoilcacansu.html
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 12:15 PM   #555
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
Yet, the aftermarket still sees a need to sell them.

http://www.fastwrx.com/cuoilcacansu.html

That has nothing to do with build up of deposits on intake valves and ports from direct fuel injection engines WITHOUT auxilliary port injection.

It's purpose is for track use ONLY whenever you change to stickier R-Compound tires and to more aggressive aftermarket suspension setups increasing oil foaming due to the higher applied g-forces on corners or when braking/accelerating which can overwhelm the oil air separator baffles the engine being horizontally opposed, AND, more importantly, when you opt for aftermarket FI increasing blow-by rate. The idea is to prevent any engine's oil ingestion through the PCV (Positive Crankcase Ventilation) system which every modern car's engine necessarily has.

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 06-25-2012 at 04:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #556
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

And while I'm at that, I would like to point out that the Subaru FA20 DIT (turborcharged version of Toyobaru's engine) does NOT get the Toyota-developed D4-S dual direct + port injection combo as applied to the naturally aspirated version. So, carbon-clogged intake ports may be an unfortunate down side to Subaru's FA20 DIT direct injection-only engine. The reason for this may be simply another manifestation of Toyota’s own reluctance in allowing other companies to use their signature dual direct + port injection, as was the case with Lotus (or it could have been yet another tacit admission of the difficulty in boosting D4-S-endowed engines, an issue very familiar to tuners attempting to do so with the 2GR-FSE V6 and UR-FSE/UR-GSE V8s - I guess the new turbocharged 1.8L Audi's third generation EA888 engine with dual fuel injection system, FSI and MPI injection, proves otherwise ).

Therefore, I hope that Toyota and Subaru can manage to come to an agreement as to the use of Subaru's 1.6 DIT engine with Toyota's D4-S dual injection system in the perfect future Toyobaru version.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 01:56 PM   #557
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

I think the following quotes best define what great an accomplishment the Toyobaru is:

Quote:
Chief Engineer Tetsuya Tada:

We were adamant about not using specially developed tires. This is actually quite revolutionary to build a car without relying on tires.

Quote:
A low center of gravity, FR layout and optimized front-to-rear weight distribution. The integration of these three elements makes the Toyobaru an incredibly nice car.

Of cars on the market today, bought off the floor with no changes or tuning, I would have to say, there's no other car easier to control than the Toyobaru.

The pleasure obtained from driving a sports car depends on the individual. That is, there are many different ways to enjoy a car; for example, driving on a winding road or playfully causing the rear-end to break free.

Whatever the situation, this car will fulfill the dreams of people who have a passion for driving.

Tim Schrick:

Quote:
This car makes incredible fun, is really good balanced and I can't think of anything that I would change if it was my car [except for installing an oil temperature gauge].

And that happened so good as never before. The last car which I find really cool was the Porsche Carrera GT which cost 450.000€... Duh!!!

This time with english subtitle (you have to activate it on the player)

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 06-24-2012 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #558
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
I'm always suspicious of someone who is more interested in my person than in the cars I talk about on a car forum... especially if it's supposedly a 'male'.

So, I keep on talking about cars... it's them which I've always loved... and girls.

As for the cars...
I think the question I asked you is entirely relevant considering the amount of material you've posted on this BMW forum borders on what a company would pay someone to do. You've made multiple favoring statements about the car, so I'm curious as to why you would dodge my (very simple) question and resort to a fallacious retort attacking my character instead...whether it's a joke or not it seems strange that you would hype a car like this up and not get right to a hands-on experience.

So you gonna call me gay again to avoid the question?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 03:56 PM   #559
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
I think the question I asked you is entirely relevant considering the amount of material you've posted on this BMW forum borders on what a company would pay someone to do. You've made multiple favoring statements about the car, so I'm curious as to why you would dodge my (very simple) question and resort to a fallacious retort attacking my character instead...whether it's a joke or not it seems strange that you would hype a car like this up and not get right to a hands-on experience.

So you gonna call me gay again to avoid the question?
This forum says 'General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos' and I'm here to talk about cars ONLY. Everything else will be ignored by me especially false accusations and allegations.

If someone doesn't understand why I, being a BMW 1M owner, like the Toyobaru SO much and truly believe that this car really is a cornerstone (being the result of Toyota and Subaru joint-venture is just a historical fact) I try to explain it the best I can with all the available information I can get and find meaningful.

Here is a video which illustrates AMAZINGLY well what turn-in, balance, weight distribution, low centre of gravity is ALL about. I can't explain it better myself:

Quote:
BMW and VW: Tests cancelled for safety reasons at 88 km/h

Appreciate 0
      06-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #560
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

I laugh when I read Tim Schrick's following comment:

Quote:
This car makes incredible fun, is really good balanced and I can't think of anything that I would change if it was my car [except for installing an oil temperature gauge].

And that happened so good as never before. The last car which I find really cool was the Porsche Carrera GT which cost 450.000€... Duh!!!

Well... it seems he isn't the only one to think like that:

Quote:
Today, while driving my kid to the beach in my Scion FRS, a really young gentleman waves me down to stop… from a Porsche Carrera GT!!!!! So we talked to each other at the Ralph’s parking lot for 20 min!!!!

Him being more excited about this Scion FRS than me in many ways. Please take note Toyota folks!!

The FRS/BRZ appeals not just to the 99%!!! It does sweep the heart of a the upper crust 1% just the same, or more!!!

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 06-24-2012 at 05:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 06:18 AM   #561
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

This car means serious business...

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #562
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
This forum says 'General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos' and I'm here to talk about cars ONLY. Everything else will be ignored by me especially false accusations and allegations.

If someone doesn't understand why I, being a BMW 1M owner, like the Toyobaru SO much and truly believe that this car really is a cornerstone (being the result of Toyota and Subaru joint-venture is just a historical fact) I try to explain it the best I can with all the available information I can get and find meaningful.

Here is a video which illustrates AMAZINGLY well what turn-in, balance, weight distribution, low centre of gravity is ALL about. I can't explain it better myself:

You own a 1M?
Funny, I dont see one post by you in the 1M section or any section for that matter where you mention your 1M. Yet hundreds of posts on this mediocre machine you tout as the best thing going. You dont own a 1M or any BMW for that matter. Quite sad if you think about it that one could try and BS his way through life. Theres nothing worse than a liar and you just showed your true colors.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #563
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6 View Post
You own a 1M?
Yes... you can see some original documents (I deleted the last three digits from the VIN number):

Quote:
Funny, I dont see one post by you in the 1M section or any section for that matter where you mention your 1M.
Search better... I was banned from the 1M forum because I shared some of Randy Pobst's views about the 1M after I bought mine.

Quote:
Yet hundreds of posts on this mediocre machine you tout as the best thing going.
Yes... a mediocre machine for drag racing I reckon. You are better off with your Bimmer for that.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 07:15 PM   #564
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep

that paper you posted proves nothing. Show us one post in this forum where you say you own a 1M, talk about your 1M or anything! I'll save you the trouble, there isnt one.
You arent fooling anyone.

0-60 in over 6 seconds, 0-100 about 16 seconds and about .90 on the skidpad. Mediocre is the perfect word to describe its all out performance or lack there of.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #565
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
that paper you posted proves nothing. Show us one post in this forum where you say you own a 1M, talk about your 1M or anything! I'll save you the trouble, there isnt one.
You arent fooling anyone.
Quote:
You can think whatever you like. I sold my Cayman therefore my business with Porsche is over. This is my 1M:

Quote:
0-60 in over 6 seconds, 0-100 about 16 seconds and about .90 on the skidpad. Mediocre is the perfect word to describe its all out performance or lack there of.
Maybe that is about to change... just look at those massive rear slicks:

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #566
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep

A couple of grainy photos shot at a dealer also proves nothing, again. You've been here for years and not one post of the 1M you now say you own. You're full of shit. Not wasting my time with you anymore.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 08:24 PM   #567
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
A couple of grainy photos shot at a dealer also proves nothing, again. You've been here for years and not one post of the 1M you now say you own.
As I said I was banned from the 1M forum... Also, the 1M wasn't unfortunately available back in 2007, only the 'wanna be' and relatively speaking mediocre 135i. I had to wait for 2011...

But you are right... the photos are not very good. Maybe this scan of my 1M's 1200 mile(2000 km) oil service book is better for you. If still not good enough, well... you can always go wasting your time driving a 'wanna be'.

Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 09:05 PM   #568
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

This car is cryin' for a turbocharger... bad-ass:

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #569
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Quote:
As I said I was banned from the 1M forum... Also, the 1M wasn't unfortunately available back in 2007, only the 'wanna be' and relatively speaking mediocre 135i. I had to wait for 2011...

But you are right... the photos are not very good. Maybe this scan of my 1M's 1200 mile(2000 km) oil service book is better for you. If still not good enough, well... you can always go wasting your time driving a 'wanna be'.
Someone needs to ban you again.
      06-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #570
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep

Here are some of the explanations why the Toyobaru is VERY far from being mediocre.... quite the contrary in fact. This is why the Toyobaru is such an outstanding car:

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 01:51 PM   #571
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

I'm beginning to see some of these on the roads already.

I think one thing I would worry about is that this car is so affordable for most people, that it could end up being as common on the street as your normal 3-Series or Civic. Supply is supposed to be limited this year, but since they are selling so briskly, I can see Toyota/Subaru increasing their production about 2x to 3x what it is for 2013.

Not that having the same car as everyone else should be a defining factor for purchase, but then again, it is a factor for a lot of people.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #572
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
I'm beginning to see some of these on the roads already.

I think one thing I would worry about is that this car is so affordable for most people, that it could end up being as common on the street as your normal 3-Series or Civic. Supply is supposed to be limited this year, but since they are selling so briskly, I can see Toyota/Subaru increasing their production about 2x to 3x what it is for 2013.

Not that having the same car as everyone else should be a defining factor for purchase, but then again, it is a factor for a lot of people.
No doubt it will be. It's up there with the Civic Si.
Appreciate 0