BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

09-17-2009, 06:39 AM   #375
BMWCadet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 MR M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvagusta View Post
the suv market is gone. If mercedes has 3 suvs and audi 2 suv. bmw has 4 or 5. What does iit mean to bmw? The R&D is what costs a lot or these suv's! Not the way there made. Thay say it is cheaper. But it is peanuts to R&D. The R&D is kept secret on thier quarterly reports. Thay show the diffrence in price from a suv and a passenger car. Go ask gm and jeep chrysler and hummer. Wrong direction for bmw! The x3 is number one because it is a small truck like. Thay are about to brake like gm chrysler jeep and hummer. Thay will change the course in about 1 or 2 years. The turbo 6 is not the fix. It's the way people think now.
Wrong. The SUV market is not gone and won't be for a long time. The giant gas guzzling behemoths will disappear in favor of more fuel efficient and enviroment friendly vehicles. People still need to be able to transport their families and minivans have pretty much gone the way of the dinosaur. That and at least in the south where I am, country boys love their vehicles to have a lot of room.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 07:51 AM   #376
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by footie View Post
The only reason I wanted back off the subject of the RS5 is because everyone sees me as pro-Audi and to continue discussing it when you thread was all about the next M3 only adds fuel to the fire.
Like me? True, I and others give you a hard time about this, but it is all about context.

Quote:
Now if the RS5 final engine spec was officially confirmed then that's a different matter because it would have some kind of a bearing on the future M3, a product to gauge what it would be up against.
I expect there will be a nice big thread in the "vs." forum once RS5 specs break officially, and I expect lots of back-and-forth to go on there. Speaking of that, I am wondering when it will show up at an auto show. As early as a couple months ago, people were speculating Frankfurt and clearly it missed that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCadet View Post
Wrong. The SUV market is not gone and won't be for a long time. The giant gas guzzling behemoths will disappear in favor of more fuel efficient and enviroment friendly vehicles. People still need to be able to transport their families and minivans have pretty much gone the way of the dinosaur. That and at least in the south where I am, country boys love their vehicles to have a lot of room.
+uno
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #377
footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Like me? True, I and others give you a hard time about this, but it is all about context.
I'm thick skinned anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
I expect there will be a nice big thread in the "vs." forum once RS5 specs break officially, and I expect lots of back-and-forth to go on there. Speaking of that, I am wondering when it will show up at an auto show. As early as a couple months ago, people were speculating Frankfurt and clearly it missed that one.
Frankfurt was too early for the RS5, it's not due until March or something and Audi had enough new models due for Frankfurt not to need to show it there, even though I'm sure it's all but finish (externally I mean). I would expect a showing sometime over the next 2~3 months.

On the subject of the RS5 (I know I'm talking about the car and keeping the subject going) it's believed to have adaptive aerodynamics and adaptive suspension which work in unison, if true then that will be very interesting.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:01 PM   #378
mvagusta
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3 coup

The american companys downsized. Now the merc's and bmw and other's will too. Wait. As soon as thay know what the u.s. is doing thay will match. It's economics! Merc and bmw were profit king's. There running out of money too.It will change soon. One or two suv's that's it. I'd rather drive a x5 for family car. Why a x6? It's just sporty. For who? Family is what I hear from you all, x5 with third row. X3 was a womens ride. Women are the first to down grade! I would trade my wifes care before my m3. She would without asking. When kids are involved. The suv was luxury stupidity. In europe thay were laughing at us with the cup holder's and the suv's! Reality hit. Bmw will clean up once it hit's a wall soon. The m3 was crushed because the thinking of suv's will save them. Wrong..X3's ar all over dealer lot's. It barely seat's 4. Get a 3 series with four wheel drive! Thay are on a tight rope. Porsche has ONE SUV.. SMART BUSINESS!!!
jmo
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:38 PM   #379
jml
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M, GT3RS, GT4

We will all be saved by Audi and Mercedes. Not because we will buy them, but because they will make a better BMW than BMW, which is bound to freak someone out.

I am hopeful they will not destroy the next M3, but if they do it won't happen again.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #380
Mischievous M
First Lieutenant
Brunei
Rep
Drives: BMW (E92) M3 & 2004 JCW MCS

Garage List
Well...there will definitely be more options in relation to tuning the M.

Sweetness!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2009, 03:09 PM   #381
Murderface
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml View Post
We will all be saved by Audi and Mercedes. Not because we will buy them, but because they will make a better BMW than BMW, which is bound to freak someone out.

I am hopeful they will not destroy the next M3, but if they do it won't happen again.
Explain yourself. The new S4 has already ditched the V8 in favor of a supercharged V6 and AMG already produces many forced induction vehicles. I don't know off the top of my head but haven't they said the next engine in the C Class is going to be forced induction of some kind? I guess it depends on what you consider the defining characteristics of a BMW but as far as engines go I don't think either of those two are going to make a high-revving NA motor anytime soon. If it is dynamics you're thinking of, well, I don't think anyone's worried about how the next gen M3 is going to handle.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 05:24 PM   #382
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
This one will probably still be pretty amazing. Just about everyone doubted the 335i's engine and see what a gem it is? I'll reserve judgement until the first reviews/drives, power figures and weights come out.

BMW haven't disappointed in 6 or 7 years of Engine of the Year awards, be it V8, I6, I6 TT, whatever it was they built it was nothing short of class-leading.

I'm a BMW fan and will continue to be even if they have to change to adapt to hard times.
Except for the HPFP Fail issues
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #383
MMMjjLA
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 I.B. MDCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by compm3e92m3 View Post
the only m cars i want in my collection are the e46 m3, e92 m3
+1 same here!! i cant believe theyre going with turbos...it better be as responsive as the V8 or better... and theyre gonna have to do something about the sound too...fuck! no more RAWWWR poweeer!!
Appreciate 0