BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

EXXEL Distributions

04-22-2006, 02:53 PM   #23
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

We looked at the Fit two days ago but it wasn't PDI'd so we couldn't drive it. I was very impressed. It's a little higher than I thought, not like a MINI, but it's so affordable, reliable, and loaded with standard features. The sport model is $15,000 and the stereo plays mp3s. They all come standard with the folding seats, driver, passenger, side and curtain airbags, drive-by-wire throttle. And they get 33/38 mpg. The seats were very comfortable and sporty, the shifter had a little long throw but it shifted very nice, the visibility was great. I can't wait to drive one.

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 03:04 PM   #24
Ilac91
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Fit

Let me know what you think after you test drive it.

For me I was surprised and impressed with the handling of the FIT. I couldn't believe the amount of people lining up to try one and the waiting list to purchase one. It seems that everyone wants one in storm silver metallic and so if you don't need one in this color the wait could be shorter. Overall it's a great little vehicle that's functional and practical.
The only thing about the FIT is that the model has been around since about 2001 or 2002 ( in Japan) and I'm sure it's due for a new remodelling. The salesman couldn't tell me if this would effect the FIT that is sold for the NA market, keeping in mind they did make some small modifications to comply with NA safety and crash standards.

One thing that bothers me about Honda is that A/C is still not available on the DX trims for either the Fit or Civic. What's with that?!?!? A/C should be standard right across the board.
      04-22-2006, 06:22 PM   #25
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilac91
One thing that bothers me about Honda is that A/C is still not available on the DX trims for either the Fit or Civic. What's with that?!?!? A/C should be standard right across the board.
I'm pretty sure it is standard here.

Appreciate 0
      04-22-2006, 07:32 PM   #26
Nicholas
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

I drive a Mazda3 Sport, got it a month ago. It has more hp than the Civic. For the few thousand dollars in savings for the Fit, is it worth it to have a smaller car and less hp?? Another reason I got the Mazda was that it is a hatchback, lots of cargo room!

Also, the Mazda3 received lots of good reviews everywhere. Oh and here is a Civic vs. Mazda3 comparison from Edmunds. http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=108601
      04-22-2006, 10:23 PM   #27
Ilac91
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

thanks for the input. I'll test drive one first.

Nikki, in Canada they sell three trim levels as opposed to 2 in the US. The lowest trim has no A/C and cannot be added. I guess they think it's cold enough in Canada that we could live without one