E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > How many disabled drivers are we in this forum?

12-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
RGB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i Auto.Active Steering

How many disabled drivers are we in this forum?

I would like to know the disabled drivers in this forum and the kind of adaptation required by their cars -if any-.

I need auto transmission and left foot throtle pedal, but I am ordering Active Steering too to make parking easier.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2005, 05:24 PM   #2
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep
Drives: LR3, again...

I'm not sure I really count as disabled, but have medical limitations on my driving habits. I have spinal fusion from L3 to S1. I require an auto transmission and have a hard time driving more than 20-30 minutes. I currently have the non-sport 325 which the stock seats work fairly well, but, I may go with the sport package on the 335 e92 if it becomes available soon. I think I need the support of the side bolsters and lumbar support.
      12-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #3
tctic
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

I feel sorry for you Petercat.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2005, 08:13 PM   #4
Arby 330
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jet black 330

except for the fact that you may be "forced" to get a 335ci..... hmm sounds like a big problem to me

5% suntek- all the way around (15% strip on front winshield)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2005, 09:34 PM   #5
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctic
I feel sorry for you Petercat.
No need to feel sorry, I'm certainly not going without because of it (well, other than the joy of a manual tranny).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby 330
except for the fact that you may be "forced" to get a 335ci..... hmm sounds like a big problem to me
I'll take whichever comes first... 2 or 4 doors, I'll learn to live with it.
      12-11-2005, 05:06 PM   #6
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petercat
I'm not sure I really count as disabled, but have medical limitations on my driving habits. I have spinal fusion from L3 to S1. I require an auto transmission and have a hard time driving more than 20-30 minutes. I currently have the non-sport 325 which the stock seats work fairly well, but, I may go with the sport package on the 335 e92 if it becomes available soon. I think I need the support of the side bolsters and lumbar support.
Exactly 16 years ago I had a L5 S1 laminectomy operation to save me from being a cripple. Just before my op, I was bed ridden and in constant pain. My operation was 100% successful. I do understand what you say. Can anything else be done for you? I was just so lucky.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2005, 06:46 PM   #7
Petercat
Cat Herder
United_States
Rep

It started with a laminectomy 4 years ago which never really worked for me. You are very lucky and after the pain you've had, you know how lucky you are that it worked. Like you said, it can make you a cripple.

The only warning I had prior to the fusion was that my mobility would change, but didn't really have an impact. I am very impressed with how well I move, considering they used donor bone, two rods and eight screws to fix me. The pain is still there. You would never guess that I have any issues by looking at me, but would notice how much I squirm when sitting for a while. I always have people ask me why I'm moving around, most think I'm just impatient... It can be a conversation starter.

I'm now regretting not getting the sport package with lumbar support. How do all of you feel the lumbar is on the sport seats? I want to wait for the 335 before I upgrade, but am tempted to just go with a 330 zsp.

Back to RGB's original post though, has anyone had to make any mods to their cars to accomodate their situations?

(I don't believe bhattimalik's taste counts as a disability though.)
      12-11-2005, 07:07 PM   #8
Speedy E90
330 Sport, Comfort, Winter, Navi, Carbon Fiber Lip, Sparkling Graphite, Beige Leather, V710
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 330 sport

330 ZSP is awesome. Great Support!! Better Seats than in my dad's 06 911!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0