BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-19-2008, 12:46 AM   #133
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

That rear end is nice! Can't wait to see it on the M3. All this stroker talk certainly has me thinking...
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 12:48 AM   #134
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep
Drives: E92M3 RS46 Club Sport, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
That rear end is nice! Can't wait to see it on the M3. All this stroker talk certainly has me thinking...
Go for it Sticky!! Its a hell of a nice kit. I am also getting the front and rear fascias. No doubt very nice pieces.
      09-19-2008, 12:53 AM   #135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Go for it Sticky!! Its a hell of a nice kit. I am also getting the front and rear fascias. No doubt very nice pieces.
I am going to sit and wait for a bit. From our talk I definitely am convinced this is the best way to go right now but I can't help but think forced induction is on the way.

It might be that with my DCT a stroker will be my only option. I will wait and see how yours turns out . I can't wait to see the front and rear!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 12:54 AM   #136
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Holy good god this thread is amazing.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 12:57 AM   #137
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
I am going to sit and wait for a bit. From our talk I definitely am convinced this is the best way to go right now but I can't help but think forced induction is on the way.

It might be that with my DCT a stroker will be my only option. I will wait and see how yours turns out . I can't wait to see the front and rear!
Roger that Sticky! I'll certainly enjoy watching all these cars, and mine, being modified.
      09-19-2008, 01:00 AM   #138
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Saw the white R35 in person & looks better than the pictures
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 03:17 PM   #139
m3jasper
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Turbo, E92 M3

Thanks for sharing. It's really cool to see all of this progress over time. Looking forward to the finished product!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 06:01 PM   #140
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep
Drives: ????

any pics of the new headers?
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 11:29 PM   #141
Socale92
DCT Test Pilot
Rep
Drives: ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
  1. nd54
  2. BMW-M-Mexico
  3. JMD0977
  4. serven7
  5. PencilGeek ???
is your m3 your daily driver?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 06:30 PM   #142
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
  1. nd54
  2. BMW-M-Mexico
  3. JMD0977
  4. serven7
  5. PencilGeek ???
Go for it PencilGeek, let´s make it 5!! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socale92 View Post
No, it is not at all my daily driver although I do sometimes drive it to work etc...
      09-20-2008, 08:56 PM   #143
M3 LUST
Banned
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-M-Mexico View Post
Go for it PencilGeek, let´s make it 5!! lol!

No, it is not at all my daily driver although I do sometimes drive it to work etc...
What else is in your stable?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 10:11 PM   #144
Green-Eggs
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Quote:
  1. nd54
  2. BMW-M-Mexico
  3. JMD0977
  4. serven7
  5. PencilGeek ???
You have PM
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2008, 11:55 PM   #145
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 LUST View Post
What else is in your stable?
Couple of other things but no other Bimmer's. M3 is my favorite toy! lol!
      09-21-2008, 09:25 PM   #146
serven7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RS 46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socale92 View Post
Its not the only car I own however its the only car I drive, so I guess the answer is yes.

Changing gears:

Pencil Geek - Just do it! I know you have a 10 pound brain and you want to think about it but I just dropped my car off over at RD, rest assured these guys know what they are doing. First class operation from top to bottom.

Mexico - Im happy to see you changed your picture!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2008, 10:33 PM   #147
KonigsTiger
Racying Dynamics
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by serven7 View Post

Mexico - Im happy to see you changed your picture!
Well, I think it is well worth changing it!!
      09-22-2008, 12:21 AM   #148
unique
SiDeWaYz
Rep
Drives: M3

guys do not do this!!!!!!

I bet that NA feeling will be awesome but for the money you are going to spend just wait for FI, because it will cost alot cheaper and you will get smoked by a boosted M3, and spend alot more money than the guy who supercharged..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 12:28 AM   #149
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique View Post

I bet that NA feeling will be awesome but for the money you are going to spend just wait for FI, because it will cost alot cheaper and you will get smoked by a boosted M3, and spend alot more money than the guy who supercharged..
I think they know this. I think they know there also is no supercharger available yet (gpower doesn't count). This mod also does not add any weight to the front end and is available NOW.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 02:18 AM   #150
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

those pictures are pure sex.

hmm. thinking...
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 02:38 AM   #151
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
As you can see from my mods so far, I'm going after something different -- something that is much more exclusive and unique. IMO, FI isn't exclusive, isn't unique, and doesn't tickle me the way a 115hp/L NA motor will.

I'm not a FI fan, but I don't look down on those who have it. I really don't have any ego that gets crushed when somebody has a faster car...my satisfaction comes from knowing I have the better car...more exclusive and unique.
I understand your point, but there is no exclusivity under 150k. Unique? Yes, definitely. A supercharger would fit the definition of unique as well.

I think a stroker along with some weight loss is more in line with the BMW M philosophy and closer to what the factory what do if they were to produce a more powerful M3.

Forced Induction, however, will be cheaper and faster, whenever it does arrive. I will remain on the fence on this one.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 12:16 PM   #152
serven7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RS 46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique View Post

Ive been waiting for this post.

If I wanted some car with 30 pounds of boost that overheated on every track day(G-Power) I would just get a 997TT and do it but I didnt I bought an ///M and I want to keep it that way for two reasons 1. ///M division builds high revving NA motors and I would like to keep with the M philosophy. 2. I dislike FI motors.

If you think FI is the way to go then thats fine however its not for me. As far as ///M3s faster than mine...well what do you say we put 100k miles on the two cars and see whos is still running? I guarantee my bullet proof RD S46 will still be going strong.

Please keep opinions to yourself this post was put here by ND54 to inform everyone of the RD build out, lets keep it as a source of information instead of a argument please.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 12:36 PM   #153
unique
SiDeWaYz
Rep

Quote:
I understand your point, but there is no exclusivity under 150k. Unique? Yes, definitely. A supercharger would fit the definition of unique as well.

I think a stroker along with some weight loss is more in line with the BMW M philosophy and closer to what the factory what do if they were to produce a more powerful M3.

Forced Induction, however, will be cheaper and faster, whenever it does arrive. I will remain on the fence on this one.
very well said my friend!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 12:52 PM   #154
unique
SiDeWaYz
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by serven7 View Post
Ive been waiting for this post.

If I wanted some car with 30 pounds of boost that overheated on every track day(G-Power) I would just get a 997TT and do it but I didnt I bought an ///M and I want to keep it that way for two reasons 1. ///M division builds high revving NA motors and I would like to keep with the M philosophy. 2. I dislike FI motors.

If you think FI is the way to go then thats fine however its not for me. As far as ///M3s faster than mine...well what do you say we put 100k miles on the two cars and see whos is still running? I guarantee my bullet proof RD S46 will still be going strong.

Please keep opinions to yourself this post was put here by ND54 to inform everyone of the RD build out, lets keep it as a source of information instead of a argument please.
wow, a 997tt one does not overheat that easily, do some research..
name a track day, and i will grab my cousins 997tt and will not only run circles around your "M Division" built track monster, but i will do it without overheating. People get the wrong idea of boosted cars, they are not that bad people

"///M division builds high revving NA motors and I would like to keep with the M philosophy"
hahaha again go do your research, bmw is starting to 'BOOST" there M models starting with the M5 and M6..

goodluck spending north of 30k and when your car is ready to be sold, i can go back to stock and sell my supercharger that i probably bought for 15k for like 9k and take a 6k hit.. goodluck ever putting your car back to stock and selling your "kit"

"I guarantee my bullet proof RD S46 will still be going strong."
hahahhahha you crack me up... are you serious with thinking that your motor will be bullet proof, people are having problems with the motor stock (loss of power, needed a new one, ect) hahahahaha... what makes you think a tuner is going to take your engine apart and add like 90hp to it and make it bulletprrooof i smell the problems that are going to come your way.

dont get me wrong a supercharger is probably the same crap, but it is a cheaper crap, that i can take off if necessary and go to my local bmw dealership and bitchh at them.

and if you dislike FI engines please tell me why you spend 70k on a terribly made bmw and dropped in another 30k for an engine rebuild, then lets say ballpark figures 5k brakes, 2k suspension, 4k rims and tires, thats about 40k in extras on your 70k car, about 110k, you wanted a high revving serious performance car that will give you a value of 110k you shouldve bought a gt3, or used gt2 for that matter.

you are going to invest 40k into your car and not even make it 40k better. in the straights you will get murdered, and in the corners you will get murdered... might as well give that 40k as a donation to bmw to make better cars or something.
Appreciate 0