BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-26-2011, 11:37 AM   #1
Addicted2M
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT

Thunderbolt Raceway M3 Lap

Hey guys yesterday was my first time taking the M to the track didnt want the day to end. The M is truly an amazing car I ran with Pilot super sports. I will post some pics once I get them back .

Check it out let me know what you think.

http://contour.com/stories/file0004--196

Thanks

Last edited by Addicted2M; 07-26-2011 at 11:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
drey
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Sedan, JZB/BB

Good video - thanks.

Next time pull your camera back a bit so we can see the speedo and tach as you move around the course.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
JohnnyRoaster
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 Jerez Black M3 Sedan

Looks like a fun track except for the traffic. The instructor seemed to be pretty helpful. I am surprised he let you drift towards the end.
      07-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #4
Addicted2M
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRoaster View Post
Looks like a fun track except for the traffic. The instructor seemed to be pretty helpful. I am surprised he let you drift towards the end.
great track cant wait to go back. yaaa traffic was a killer I kept pulling into the pits instead of flat out on the strait to get some space. pretty fast overall 60-140mph fun track, The instructor was my friend hahaha made the experience much better.
      07-26-2011, 07:10 PM   #5
GOVCO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 AW M3 DCT [Slight Mods]

Nice driving! The Vette will def. pull on us, but you kept in nice an tight until the straights. Nice lines. Bravo!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #6
RussRamz
M Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe Mineral White

Coming from Europe, I don't understand the signals for overtaking in the states. Why don't people just use the turn signals instead of waving a hand out of the window (taking your hand off the wheel). Also, why do all cars run with the windows down?

David Brent
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #7
piloto
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 - AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussRamz View Post
Coming from Europe, I don't understand the signals for overtaking in the states. Why don't people just use the turn signals instead of waving a hand out of the window (taking your hand off the wheel). Also, why do all cars run with the windows down?
Windows down for ease of escaping in case of fire, or needing assistance from the local track workers. As for the hand signals, I couldn't agree with you more. I've done one track day in Europe (at Spa, not counting two trips to the ring), and to my amazement, I was allowed to keep the windows up, no one asked if I knew how to drive or not, and everyone properly used their turn signals to allow for safe passing. I really preferred it that way.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #8
RussRamz
M Slut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by piloto View Post
Windows down for ease of escaping in case of fire, or needing assistance from the local track workers. As for the hand signals, I couldn't agree with you more. I've done one track day in Europe (at Spa, not counting two trips to the ring), and to my amazement, I was allowed to keep the windows up, no one asked if I knew how to drive or not, and everyone properly used their turn signals to allow for safe passing. I really preferred it that way.
Interesting. Perhaps the real reason windows are down is so American drivers can wave their arm out the window.

David Brent
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 07:09 AM   #9
Addicted2M
Private
United_States
Rep

hahha I agree with using your signals instead of waving your hand out of the window, I wish we could have kept the windows up It was pretty hot out and it also slows you down a bit. Thanks for all the comments, hopefully I can track at the Ring all time favorite.