BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-29-2010, 01:27 PM   #1
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Alpine White M3, S1000RR

Having a problem with a forum member (tma1c)

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=445364

Above is my post from the forum. I made VERY detailed pictures and descriptions of the items I provided for sale. Tma1c was interested in the Carbon Fiber (CF) grills, CF fender flares, CF hood vents, and CF steering wheel trim (Please see URL at top). Tma1c immediately wanted to purchase three of the four (CF hood vents, steering wheel trim, and fender flares) outright without even reading the descriptions. I told Tma1c that the hood vents had discoloration and wanted to warn him. Tma1c asked for MULTIPLE pictures, including different angles, lighting, and all three side by side. Tma1c, at first, didn't want the hood vents and decided to change his mind if I returned the $75 to him. I agreed and returned his $75. The following day, he says he wants the CF grill and would return the $75 + $25 for the CF grill. I agreed and received the sum.

Several days later, I received a PM, email, and text message from Tma1c saying he was unsatisfied with the items, "CF is hard to tell the condition untill they are infront of you," and wanted a refund. I agreed and told him to send me the items back and I will issue him a refund -(minus) $100 for my inconvenience and that I paid $60 for shipping it to him insured and tracked. He, then, argued and that it was not fair and threatened to dispute in Paypal. I offered more ideas and he did NOT agree with any of them. He decided to dispute it through Paypal.

The CF grills, hood vents, fender flares, and steering wheel trim are cosmetic items. Any cosmetic items on a car will eventually scratch, from light swirl marks to rock chips. It is common sense; it's a car; it's meant to be driven on the road. In my post I had detailed descriptions on discoloration and bubbling if ANY of the items had those traits. Tma1c said it himself "CF is hard to tell the condition untill they are infront of you" and I told him they were sold as is.

Tma1c threatened me saying he will tarnish my name on the forums and give me negative feedback as long as disputing it on Paypal. I wanted to let the members know my side of the story.

UPDATE: PAYPAL TOOK MY SIDE OF THE STORY AND CLOSED THE DISPUTE.

Last edited by chungdae; 10-29-2010 at 01:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
koxal
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 LBB F85 X5M

Garage List
2015 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
That was interesting...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2010, 03:34 PM   #3
Sexual Philanthropist
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Glad it worked out. I hate paypal and will never use them again. I sold a top from my Elise which was brand new and never out of the bag. The buyer claimed it was not in the condition I advertised. I agree to refund his money when he sent it back both being out shipping. He never returned it and disputed it with Paypal by showing a fedex receipt of a letter to a different state! They reversed his cc payment and I was out the top and the money.
      10-29-2010, 03:51 PM   #4
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 008 View Post
Glad it worked out. I hate paypal and will never use them again. I sold a top from my Elise which was brand new and never out of the bag. The buyer claimed it was not in the condition I advertised. I agree to refund his money when he sent it back both being out shipping. He never returned it and disputed it with Paypal by showing a fedex receipt of a letter to a different state! They reversed his cc payment and I was out the top and the money.

Wow that is a horror story.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 09:08 PM   #5
tma1c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E93 6MT M3

U didn't win with paypal. I'm claiming it with my credit card company which I still have a good chance of winning.

Now let's get to ur shitty products. Yes I knew there was yellowing in hood vents. I didn't know there was CHIPS on EVERY piece and bubbling on most. U forgot to mention broken clips where I can't clip in correctly! WTF is that shit? I don't care if u gave me these for free I wouldn't take them. All I buy is cf and know a lot it as u can look up my car.

I don't know but I find it wierd that he won't take them back. I paid $400 and it was soo bad that it still wasn't a good deal. So he wanted me to ship them back out of my pocket which I was fine with AND $100 less on top of that.

Damn right I'm pissed! I have 100% feedback on eBay selling/buying a good amount of stuff. I know I'm an honest person. just a little wierd he wouldn't take his stuff back. you obviously sold junk.

Last edited by southlight; 11-02-2010 at 09:25 AM.. Reason: removed insults
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2010, 10:10 PM   #6
chungdae
The Asian Sensation
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tma1c View Post
U didn't win with paypal. I'm claiming it with my credit card company which I still have a good chance of winning.

Now let's get to ur shitty products. Yes I knew there was yellowing in hood vents. I didn't know there was CHIPS on EVERY piece and bubbling on most. U forgot to mention broken clips where I can't clip in correctly! WTF is that shit? I don't care if u gave me these for free I wouldn't take them. All I buy is cf and know a lot it as u can look up my car.

I don't know but I find it wierd that he won't take them back. I paid $400 and it was soo bad that it still wasn't a good deal. So he wanted me to ship them back out of my pocket which I was fine with AND $100 less on top of that.

Damn right I'm pissed! I have 100% feedback on eBay selling/buying a good amount of stuff. I know I'm an honest person. just a little wierd he wouldn't take his stuff back. you obviously sold junk.
1. Here is Paypal's letter in case you haven't receved it, "As you may already be aware, PayPal's Buyer Complaint Policy applies only
to the shipment of goods and not to complaints about the attributes or
quality of goods received through an off eBay transaction. Therefore, we
will not conduct an investigation into this matter at this time."

2. Let's go to my opening post since you didn't read it; it was also on the Paypal claim description: "Several days later, I received a PM, email, and text message from Tma1c saying he was unsatisfied with the items, "CF is hard to tell the condition untill they are infront of you," and wanted a refund. I agreed and told him to send me the items back and I will issue him a refund -(minus) $100 for my inconvenience and that I paid $60 for shipping it to him insured and tracked. He, then, argued and that it was not fair and threatened to dispute in Paypal. I offered more ideas and he did NOT agree with any of them. He decided to dispute it through Paypal."

I did try to help you out, but your demeanor, harassment, and unprofessional name calling swayed me out of helping you. I don't know about you, but I'm not a child anymore. If you request something, it's usually done in a professional matter and not threatening someone saying "I will post a claim with Paypal" especially when that person (I) knows Paypal's policy much better than you do. Also having a temper tantrum doesn't help the situation. You may also want to grammatically edit your posts before posting them so you can have some better chances at credibility.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 02:00 AM   #7
Mimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 13'

Garage List
2013 e92 m3  [0.00]
sorry hear it didnt work out between the two of you guys.. its always hard do business online sometimes... sometimes its just better buy new from a website i guess...
but hopefully you guys resolve everything..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 08:28 AM   #8
tma1c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

If u guys read that everything is chipped and most are bubbled then I am at Fault. That's the bottom line for me. He obviously doesn't want his junk back lol.

whatever lesson learned and money lost.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #9
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tma1c View Post
You might wanna here my side before jumping to conclusions loser.
I saw those pics when Chunkdae posted them and they clearly showed signs of a product that had no place on a $70k car. What were you thinking?

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 08:45 AM   #10
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
unprofessional name calling swayed me out of helping you
Unproffessional? Do you know his profession?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chungdae View Post
You may also want to grammatically edit your posts
Him and 99.9% of all the other children here.

Hope you guys figure this out.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 09:25 AM   #11
tma1c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
I saw those pics when Chunkdae posted them and they clearly showed signs of a product that had no place on a $70k car. What were you thinking?
I wasn't lol. I guess i thought the front grills and flares were in good shape and thought to clear the hood vents again. I couldnt see any broken clips or chips in the pictures. Maybe I should have looked harder.

If I was the seller I would always let people return my stuff if they weren't happy. But that is just me. Like I said before lesson learned. Only buying new from now on.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #12
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

tma1c, I had to edit one comment of yours. It's the purpose of these threads to give both sides the opportunity to voice their point of view. That way, everybody can decide for themselves who to believe, and who to deal with in the future and who not. That being said, I won't allow you to insult the thread starter in the process. Please keep that in mind.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #13
tma1c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
tma1c, I had to edit one comment of yours. It's the purpose of these threads to give both sides the opportunity to voice their point of view. That way, everybody can decide for themselves who to believe, and who to deal with in the future and who not. That being said, I won't allow you to insult the thread starter in the process. Please keep that in mind.

Best regards,
south
Understood...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 12:19 PM   #14
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post

Best regards,
south
FYI South, you missed the part where chungdae quoted tma1c in his response quote. Gotta keep it clean when we keep it clean!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #15
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Thanks.

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2010, 12:36 PM   #16
rd4LLe92m3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 JetBlack e92 M3

I bought my wheels from tma1c and thought he was a good seller. I put a deposit down because he was waiting for his new wheels to come in. His communication was good and called me promptly when he had his new wheels in.
Just thought I should share my experience. I hope you guys can work this out.

08 E92 M3/RE pulley/MS filter/EI x-pipe and HFC/GTS3 Front Bumper
Appreciate 0