BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental)

09-14-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Exclamation Germany Owners

Hey guys, I figured I would start a thread for talk about anything and everything. Nasioc (Subaru forum) had a good group of guys who helped one another and I am hoping for the same in here, lets get this started! Make sure to subscribe so we can all chime in and stay up to date on the conversations. I use to own a fairly modified 400hp STi but totaled it two months back on the ring and moved up a few levels to my e90. I am in a whole new league and know very little and very few people.

I am located in Vilseck/Grafenwoehr.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 09:50 AM   #2
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Ansbach/Illesheim here. Im in for news/events/meetups.

Welcome to the ///M world, btw!

Looking for shop to do oem exhaust mod, local or not so local...
      09-14-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

How do you get your signature to work? I cant seem to get mine on here. It's uploaded but not showing on posts, thanks for the welcome! I have been told of a guy in Weiden near Vilseck that does good work. Haven't done anything yet so far and don't see work on the car until after winter unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 02:27 AM   #4
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I went into the user cp and under the signature section entered the info. You should be seeing something like this:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] IMG]http://www.bimmerpost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=133578&d=1204654487[/IMG

I removed these: [ ] from the IMG on both ends so you could see the code. But thats what you should see.

Let me know if you find anything out about the guy in Weiden. I go to Vilseck often enough, I could go by his shop easily. Im planning on garaging her for the winter again so I only have a few more weeks to maybe get it done this year also.
      09-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

I have spoken with the shop owner and he does it for 250 euro. He also stated it was fast and that I wouldn't even need to leave the shop. He also repaints it black after finishing the welding and gutting. A user on here named karussell knows more about it. I will get him to chime in on the thread for more information.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Signature check!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 07:41 AM   #7
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

This is insane. Couldn't see that as a daily driver.

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #8
osteome
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
Looking for shop to do oem exhaust mod, local or not so local...
Try contacting luis_m3. He had the OEM Exhaust Mod completed in the Vilseck area and should still be stationed there. I had mine done, but after PCSing back to CONUS.

Good luck.
Gone: M3 E93 Silverstone II over Bamboo
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

Brosif I Love The Screename Hahahaha Mad Emy Day!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #10
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3FREAK
Haha, thanks! I am at my drop zone tonight for a party and skydiving tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Anyone else want to check in, or is this all the M3 drivers in the area? Doubtful!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #12
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
Anyone else want to check in, or is this all the M3 drivers in the area? Doubtful!
Im not in your area, but I am a former nasioc'er myself. 4 time STI owner (03/06/09/2011) and I still visit Nasioc from time to time, but not much. I dont think you will find this forum to be anything like Nasioc. The crowd here is much different. The technical info isnt nearly as accessiable, but overall, its the best M3 forum Ive found yet. I love my M3, but I sure do miss my stage 2 STI's and all that TORQUE!

Welcome!

"suby wave"

"M3 nod"
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #13
machloop
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3FREAK View Post
Yeh, great !!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 10:45 AM   #14
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU
Im not in your area, but I am a former nasioc'er myself. 4 time STI owner (03/06/09/2011) and I still visit Nasioc from time to time, but not much. I dont think you will find this forum to be anything like Nasioc. The crowd here is much different. The technical info isnt nearly as accessiable, but overall, its the best M3 forum Ive found yet. I love my M3, but I sure do miss my stage 2 STI's and all that TORQUE!

Welcome!

"suby wave"

"M3 nod"
Haha! It's funny you mention the ///M nod. I haven't even gotten one of those. I am starting to notice the difference between the two communities. I still have my scoobaru buddies that wave at me even in the M3. I do miss that torque, but the M3 is the sickness!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 11:39 AM   #15
Schwaben
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 35i

I was thinking about getting a STI or something to go tearing around the trails in the forests around here. At least there are no speed cameras set up in the forest, just might piss the hunters and farmers off a tad. Probably make a sweet ski mobile too if you have the hatchback.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #16
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Haha! It's funny you mention the ///M nod. I haven't even gotten one of those. I am starting to notice the difference between the two communities. I still have my scoobaru buddies that wave at me even in the M3. I do miss that torque, but the M3 is the sickness!

Its totally different! The BMW crowd isnt nearly as friendly from a BWM passing a BMW standpoint. Its funny, whenever I see another BMW guy, I feel like they are challenging me to a race or a pissing match rather than just giving a smile to a fellow BMW owner. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuttgartM3 View Post
I was thinking about getting a STI or something to go tearing around the trails in the forests around here. At least there are no speed cameras set up in the forest, just might piss the hunters and farmers off a tad. Probably make a sweet ski mobile too if you have the hatchback.
Oh yea... the STI would be great for that!

Check it out...

Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #17
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

^^^Ha! That is great! Too bad Ken Block is a sell out! He sucks at rally and his gymkhana is outstanding because he made 100 try's at them. Ah, I am such a hater!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

I'm from the Stuttgart community - Welcome
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 03:02 AM   #19
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Quote:
I have spoken with the shop owner and he does it for 250 euro. He also stated it was fast and that I wouldn't even need to leave the shop. He also repaints it black after finishing the welding and gutting. A user on here named karussell knows more about it. I will get him to chime in on the thread for more information.
Yes, Christian runs a very good shop in Weiden. Called Unlimited Auto. He is a young auto meister and his passion is really BMW's. He has built several 700+ hp cars for clients and all of his work is top notch.

I arranged for pricing for the following services.

60€ per wheel repaint. any color. I had red forgelines painted BMW color Sterling Grey. The work is guaranteed for one year.

90€ per wheel repair and repaint. No matter the curb rash, he can fix it like new and repaint either oem color or new color.

250€ muffler mod. He opens your oem muffler, removes the sound deadening gauze and replaces the perforated pipes with straight pipes. The sound is very nice especially for the cost. He can also paint the can and tips flat black with high temperature paint to make it look cleaner instead of having the sag on the bottom.

I had him make custom x pipe with resonators. removed secondary cats, added 200 cel primary race cats (that match oem size and fit so no scraping or rattling). This still causes CEL, but you want a remote tune anyways that will remove it.

PM me for specifics if you want to go this route. the engine is much more responsive after this change and its easily a 45+hp gain with the tune.
      09-22-2012, 04:47 AM   #20
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

Moxie welcome, I think you're the one that I've been emailing about your car for sale, but you wern't sure if you will sell it or not??? small world bro...and Jim i should be getting my 12 ///M3 this week or weekend so we can make that trip we've been missing out on...also theres a guy in Thansuss that does anything you need for exhausts that some of the ///M-Flight guys have went to he will do anything you need at a reasonable price and also accept VAT forms..He also speaks pretty good English so there's no language barrier haha
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 04:54 AM   #21
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
PM me for specifics if you want to go this route. the engine is much more responsive after this change and its easily a 45+hp gain with the tune.
Send me some specifics on the custom exhaust and tuning, Karussel! That is exactly what I have been looking for. Although it is almost garage time for El Superbeasto, I may still want to do this before the winter blues kick in... luis_m3 had sent me Christians number, I just havent been able to call him yet. Im going to Vilseck next week for mandatory suicide training so I figured Id stop by his shop and see him then. Maybe, if the training doesnt take too long, he can do the OEM exhaust mod... THAT would be cool...
      09-22-2012, 05:25 AM   #22
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Any guys here have springs, spacers? This is something I am looking into as well as the Megan Racing exhaust. Is there a really huge difference between .5 inches of pipping. The Megan is 2.5 and others I have seen are 3 inch. Any positive comments are appreciated.
Appreciate 0