BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-27-2009, 03:21 AM   #1
ayman36
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e92 M3, X5MC

A car worth every penny but....

Well hi everyone,

I hope you're all are doing well.

To those of you who own M3s I hope you're having as much fun as I am, and to the non-owners, I hope you all manage to join the family soon and get a taste of the delightful experiences we're enjoying.

I've been thinking for sometime of writing a review of my experience with the e92 M3 and I guess today is the day.

I received delivery of my car around Sept of 08 and the first time I drove it I had 1 mile on it. I managed to restrain myself from over revving it and was able to go through the break in period safely lol. The first couple of days were the worst days of mine. I was feeling like I had a beast in my hands that I needed to tame. The car was just a beast, and to be driving it in the US and having to worry about all the speed limits and cops I just wasn't able to master the car. It took me a couple of days just to get a hold of it and to be able to sit in the car relaxed, and drive it with a confident attitude.

The M3 was my first BMW car, and the closest I've been to driving a car with such amazing handling, performance and prestige was when I drove the Porsche C4S. To me the C4S was a masterpiece the handling it delivered along with the performance was just amazing but its only downfall with me was its space, it was just too small. When I got delivery of the M3 (SSII/FR fully loaded except for having the 18s instead of the 19s) I just felt that I got delivery of a dream car. The car looked amazing, classy with its SilverStone color, and bold with its fox red interior. It had more than enough room for a coupe especially when compared to the C4S and above all the handling and the performance were both amazing, regardless of whether the DSC is on or off. To add more its new DKG transmission was just phenomenal. Compared to the DCT it just feels more refined, less jerky and very responsive, at the same time it gives you full control over the gears and their shifting. The ability of being able to switch between the two modes S/D is nice to have, and the ability to control the shifting style is also a nice one to have at the touch of your fingertips. The POWER and the EDC buttons are really very helpful, since along with the trans. they manage to make you transition from driving the car at a luxury, relaxed mode to going to a full race mode. Nevertheless leaving all those aside, I always say the real P**** of the car is the Steering Wheel. The moment your palms grip on the steering wheel you feel like you're day is going into a different route. You start feeling like you never want to take your hands of it. The feeling of it filling you’re palms and just thought of knowing that you are about to wake a beast from its sleep makes the adrenaline rush through your veins. You start the engine and the amazing growl of the V8 engine races to your ear, you put the car on the first gear and off you go. Gear after another the car just cuts through air racing the winds but at the same time through the wheel you feel the car steady and firm in the palms of your hands. You feel that the moment you think of steering the car the car steers and to exactly the location you want it to steer to, and no matter at what speed you are, the car always feels firm on the road. It steers right where you want it to go and heads there like a bullet. It might not be the fastest car, but when it comes to precision it sure does deliver. Every time I drive the car I just feel like I don't want to get out of it. Even though it sure is a gas-guzzler at around 12-14mpg but every penny spent on it is honestly a penny worth spending. The car is surely a head turner, and I've been complimented countless times. The ladies love the combination of colors and the car itself, meanwhile the guys just admire and respect the beauty and to this day wherever I go I always get a look or complimented, and to be honest its a car worth respecting.

Today I have about 27000.00 miles on the car, haven't had any major problems, but I have recently started noticing some problems with the transmission and was planning on mentioning it when I get my service done. I wasn't sure if anybody was noticing the same problems but at times when I down shift the car really takes a second or two before it gives me power, I just feel like I'm being cut off power but I wasn't sure if I was being paranoid or what. I'll try to get that checked out and see how it goes... but other the that every day I look at the car or drive it I realize that its the best all in one package, that's its a car worth every penny spent but ...... I guess there are no buts lol I would never regret making the decision of buying/owning it...

Once again to everyone I hope you all are having a great time, I appreciate all the kindness shown by everyone in this forum as you all have been of great help and always are and I hope everybody keeps up the great helpful, kind and respectful attitude...

Have a great time everyone and Enjoy those Ms
Appreciate 0