BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

12-31-2012, 03:06 PM   #155
mot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 AW M3 6MT

Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 03:34 PM   #156
beam3er
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 DCT SG

Sorry to see that, and I know how you feel, someone busted all my 6 windows, broke my taillights and keyed my car all round too and left a big x scraped on the hood at 3:30am. When I ran outside the bastards were already gone and the glass was still shattering down, luckily it was my daily driver and not my M which was in the garage
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 03:43 PM   #157
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Wow.....just saw this thread for the first time, and I'm sick to my stomach.

Absolutely terrible.
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 03:56 PM   #158
Titanium Silver
Four Star General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by minigearhead View Post
damn, good luck with that, how'd that happen?
Some lady in a Honda Oddessy backed into my car in the Starbucks parking lot. Totally sucks since it happened right before Xmas. It's going to take forever to get it back with the Holidays and everything.

After they took off the fender they found more damage to the pump and wiring behind the fender. Not sure what it is, but it throws the increased emissions warning and rev-limiter to turn on.

E92 M3 | Jet Black | All OEM Everything
E30 M3 | Alpine White | Mostly OEM
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #159
chuck617
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine white E92 M3

Sorry to se this thread, sometime I start thinking, Is it even worth it to try and have something nice? I just don't know whats wrong with people.

A fender bender is one thing, someone being careless not paying attention, but going to extra effort to make someones life a bit worse just baffles me.

Best of luck with speedy repairs!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #160
Talk2meg00se
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

OP - what is the update?
      01-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #161
Kensta335
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Wow, I remember you posted about your RAC wheels getting scratched at a shop way back. Sucks to see your car like this.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 02:05 AM   #162
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewright View Post
who does something like this???
People with shocker vinyl stickers on their civic's back bumper.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 04:44 AM   #163
SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Angry Them sorry a$$ bastards

Wow this really sucks and piss me off to no end who ever the bastard was knew what type of car it was and you can tell when they went as far as to damage the CF roof. I know you had a really sick feeling when you seen this done to your car . I hope everything is just like new when it is repaired and you can move on and put this behind you. I have to give you credit that you are being a better sport about this than I would be .

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 04:48 AM   #164
Bdez
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jerez & Fox & X5 3.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Latest word is that the entire CF roof will need to be replaced...Ugh. It can be repaired but not to a factory quality. It is likely that you would see the resin patch. Going to get even pricier (for my insurance...).
Swamp for what it's worth this crap is as common in Australia as anywhere else. Unfortunately its often motivated by the politics of envy particularly for a car like an m3 here.

Can you push your insurer to total loss it (if that's what you want)? If its any consolation even a scratch on one side of the vehicle on a single panel means most of that side is generally repainted. The roof is a bitch though.

I'd be shattered and then ready to go medieval on them.

Good luck with your insurer.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #165
BostonRocket
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: ‘20 Mini Clubman JCW

Man, I am sorry to see such a horrible sight and I feel for you. I know that area well as I vacation in the area all the time. I think the deserted nature of the area after work hours and weekends contributes to random acts of vandalism. I hope everything works out for you.

-Chris
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #166
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3RD View Post
Sorry to see you are still struggling with this. Now with the roof having to be replaced as well will delay the end date even more (alignment tools required from Germany for roof replacement). Do you have an end date when repairs will be completed?

My daughters car got keyed in Toronto (parked in the street) also all around every panel including hood and trunk (my original 1987 535is it is her pride and joy). Her car required a complete paint job.

Hope all gets resolved soon with your car ... meanwhile Happy New Year!
Thanks M3RD and thanks all.

Some small luck is that the port delivery location near Oxnard, CA likely has the jig for roof replacement/bonding. Unfortunately, I am still suffering from good German vacation schedules with no firm updates. The shop I want to use is backed up months as well. Going to have to look at this damage many more times before it is fixed...
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 08:55 AM   #167
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimoM3 View Post
I'm one of the strangers who is here to tell you to keep your head up and continue the good attitude you have about it. With that said, I hope the f@cker that did that gets curb stomped. What a complete LOSER with no understanding of respect.
+10

Karma is going to be a bitch for them.

Last edited by JulieDriving; 01-08-2013 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #168
TVMA Doc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, Jerez Black

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
You've never knocked on the fenders?...interesting
...or watched them wobble when you wash the car? Metal don't jiggle like that!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #169
ONEOF40 FS M3
FROZEN SILVER
Rep
Drives: '12 E92 M3 FS EDITION

Garage List
Quote:
Well we see these sad stories that pop up here every so often. They seem to get a lot of community empathy which is a good thing. In short my poor car will need to be somewhat disassembled and almost, or perhaps fully repainted and re clear coated from 45 seconds of a violent destructive lashing out with no rhyme or reason. Photos to follow a short story...

I debated leaving my car at my office in Irvine (near I-5 and Jamboree) during an overnight business trip (a driving trip but took my colleagues big SUV for more comfort for 4 of us). I pondered leaving my car nearby at a colleagues place or with a good friend and encouraging them to actually drive the car and have some fun (I've got some very trustworthy friends!). In the end, based in part on Irvine's stellar reputation as one of the safest cities in the US, I just decided to leave it at my office. I grabbed a great spot between some hedges on one side and an handicap spot on the other. We were gone for just about 24 hours and upon returning I did see a scratch, but thought due to its location and curved shape to perhaps be just some odd water/debris streaking driven by aerodynamics. My colleague, despite it being dark was admiring my car (he's a gear head and has driven it but still takes the time to admire it now and again) and asked if I had a scratch. From there it was all downhill... extensive key marks. During the walk around inspection I found extensive and deep (3-4 "track") key marks on nearly every major panel of the car. They even got the CF roof and roof trim. The front is all clear bra covered and when they could not get a scratch into the car through the clear bra they simply dug in with more and more pressure to insure damage to the hood. The clear bra clearly frustrated the perpetrator here which is a bit bizarre...

My initial guess is that this will be a $20k repaint job and to think that this took about 45 seconds to inflict is a bit mind boggling. The Irvine PD showed up quickly and asked all of the logical questions (ex-girlfriends, ex-wife, coworker, angry client, etc.) all of which are definite no's. Thus we are left with a$$hole teenager, thief upset that no juicy laptop was available or perhaps a reasonably knowledgeable "car guy" who was really jealous. I'm about 99% sure that this was done to my car very specifically because of the type of car and perhaps because it stood out a bit being well maintained, clean and waxed. That's really sad.

My car is completely covered with a reasonably low deductible so that's good. But she'll never be quite the same again. Blending the paint/clear around panels and into the inside of the vehicle and around all of the edges will be challenging. All of the trim that must be removed and all of the chances for broken trim bits falling into somewhere and perhaps not fitting just quite as well as OEM is certainly depressing. I suspect I'll be without a car for close to a month.

Overall I'm taking this better than I expected. My wife was amazed how well I appear to be taking it all. However, infuriating and depressing it is, I am trying to focus on two key points. 1. The shop I have in mind (Penske in San Diego) will do a phenomenal repair job. Their "mantra" is that for any repair you simply will not be able to distinguish the car from new. 2. We just can't be too attached/obsessed or vulnerable to let replaceable possessions really interfere too greatly with our enjoyment of life. The more angry I get the more the perpetrator here "wins".

Thanks in advance to this community. I know I'll hear from some old and new online buddies here, as well as complete strangers and that in itself encouraged me to rapidly share my story here.

Do let it be a lesson. I'm sure many of you are even more particular than me. Just take the conservative route with your car when possible. Park further away and walk, leave the car with a buddy in a good neighborhood, use your garage, even if sometimes a bit inconvenient, etc., etc.

Well cutting to the chase here are the gory details...
Human nature is the most disappointing of all creatures, it is the only one that can destroy at will for no reason at all.

I really feel bad as probably everyone that reply because it is a matter of respecting others and others property. Even though it is a material thing and nothing last forever, it is incomprehensible why would anyone would act this way for no reason at all.

Again, most animalistic animals are humans.

Anyway enough philosophy, props to you for being a good sport about it and I am sure she will look as good as before soon.

CURRENT RIDES
12 FROZEN SILVER E92 M3
03 GP WHITE S2K AP1

ORDERED
13 MONTECARLO BLUE F10 M5

PREVIOUS M CARS
02 LEMANS BLUE E39 M5
06 SAPPHIRE BLACK E60 M5

Last edited by ONEOF40 FS M3; 01-08-2013 at 08:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #170
Class-of-2016
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Just sad no one can park their nice cars in peace any more. I try for paid garage parking everywhere I go or sneak between a couple nicer or equal cars so I blend in and don't get noticed.

swamp, they'll get what's coming to them. Your good attitude about it is not letting them win, keep it up!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #171
W Cole
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Thanks M3RD and thanks all.

Some small luck is that the port delivery location near Oxnard, CA likely has the jig for roof replacement/bonding. Unfortunately, I am still suffering from good German vacation schedules with no firm updates. The shop I want to use is backed up months as well. Going to have to look at this damage many more times before it is fixed...
Will they rent out their equipment? Or can you actually have repairs done by BMW at the port?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #172
bimmerjph
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0

That is just sickening. What repairs will have to be done to the C/F roof? Will it have to be replaced or is it fixable?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #173
matrix77
United_States
Rep

that is such a depressing post
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #174
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
People suck.
      01-11-2013, 01:27 AM   #175
carlfan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIS View Post
OP, you have a very good attitude. While I understand both the "karma" posts and the "I'd like to catch them in the act" posts, both fall short. I don't care if the assholes get fucked at some point in the future, and I don't want to catch them in the act because of what will happen. Either I will hurt them and then have to defend my actions, or they will hurt me and then I am further fucked by the situation. Fixing it and moving on is the best way to go.
You make a lot of sense. Completely agree. If you catch someone and harm them, you'll end up in jail or get hurt. Like you said, its best if you keep a postive attitude, fix it, and forget about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2013, 06:40 AM   #176
JonM
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 Sedan

I am really sorry to read this post!

17 years ago, I bought my first BMW, brand new. 318ti California. I had just started working at McDonnell Douglas in Long Beach, CA.

Car was about a month old when another employee keyed it in the company parking lot.

To this day, I still feel sick about it!
16 X5d | 08 M3 Sedan | 06 M Coupe | 01 M coupe | 99 M coupe
Appreciate 0