BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

09-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #1
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

'CLUTCH DELAY VALVE"....need help asap! Dealer asking $$$!!!

Hello guys,

i am having a very very irregular situation happen to me. Let me first talk about the car. The vehicle is a special ordered car and i picked it up with 6 miles on it and have seriously BABIED it, currently miles is 4xxx. I took my vehicle in because the clutch felt very soft and the area it grabs is very very little. Anyway my cars been at the dealer since saturday. I get a call from my service advisor asking if i have touched my clutch delay valve, i say of course not, and tell them to proceed with repairs. I get a call from the SA today stating my clutch delay valve is not ORIGINAL. Im in complete shock as i have never touched this modification. Whatever performance wise they see on vehicle is what i got it with (2 months ago).

Anyway, they are asking me to pay up 6xx some dollars to state this issue. I have told them your not getting one penny from me as i have never touched ANYTHING related on this vehicle.

WHERE THE HELL DO I PROCEED WITH THIS? The foreman said i have ethier drilled it hallow or have put an aftermarket delay valve on it. (ARE YOU KIDDING ME!).

I have included a picture.

My only thought is that the 2011 zcp's come like this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

They are lying. They do that. Tell them to put the car back to as it was before and take it to a different dealer. Give them all 1's on their appraisal.

When my transmission was broken, some SA from South Bay BMW (his name started with an E, I forget his name) had the audacity to tell me that they opened my 6mt and examined all the components before determining that nothing was wrong with the transmission. The tranny is sealed, I'm not a retard. But they always try to pull shit assuming that you are. Don't stand for it.

Alternatively, I'd look into a lawyer. If it goes on your service record that you modified your vehicle and stuff when you actually haven't, this can cause potential difficulties later on if you require other warranty work and they blame failure on the "modified component".
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #3
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeJayKaying View Post
They are lying. They do that. Tell them to put the car back to as it was before and take it to a different dealer. Give them all 1's on their appraisal.

When my transmission was broken, some SA from South Bay BMW (his name started with an E, I forget his name) had the audacity to tell me that they opened my 6mt and examined all the components before determining that nothing was wrong with the transmission. The tranny is sealed, I'm not a retard. But they always try to pull shit assuming that you are. Don't stand for it.

I'd also look into a lawyer.
this is the bs that happens when your a young kid driving a nice car. I will not stand up for it, i will not pay a penny. I have filed a claim with BMW NA already.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanm3 View Post
this is the bs that happens when your a young kid driving a nice car. I will not stand up for it, i will not pay a penny. I have filed a claim with BMW NA already.
Yeah, shit happens. These service departments are like that. I only trust Pacific BMW here in Glendale, since they're the ones that were straight-up honest and got stuff done. They (Russel Wang @ Pacific BMW & Co.) told me why these service departments tend to be less than helpful: If the failure is not proven to be caused by the replaced component when BMW examines it back in Germany, dealer fronts all the costs. All about the money.

Just talk to a lawyer, won't cost you to have a chat.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #5
semperfi1776
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 Coupe Silverstone

just ask them to show you what a stock part looks like and point out the difference between yours and the stock part. Just make sure they get the correct part, verify the part number is for your m3. I don't know how they think they can get a way with it. Darwin award for the SA.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #6
tom @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
There is no restriction in the M3's "CDV", I'm not even sure why the name is retained for the M models. Here are some pictures from our journal:

Location of the CDV on D/S:

Comparison of CDV and larger valve on bench - casting numbers are slightly different:

Comparison of CDV orifice and line fitting:

More info can be found here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150287

The point I'm getting to is there is no need to replace, drill or modify the CDV as there would be no performance benefit to the end user in doing so.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #7
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

tom nice post!

by any chance do you have pictures of inside the cdv? Is it hallow?

I KNOW THIS DEALERS FULL OF SHIT
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 07:09 PM   #8
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

i talked to sam from autotalent and he even says they come HALLOW , this dealers going to get ALL 1's and a very nice phone call from me right now.

UN BELIEVABLE SERVICE!

the power of the forums

Last edited by 1cleanm6; 09-15-2010 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #9
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...&highlight=cdv

my dealer told me how come it doesnt have a part number on it.... WOW ---___--- because it doesnt even come with one like the 335 which has some dotted lines and a "25" on it.

I cant believe im being put in this situation here.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #10
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
And which dealer is this...?

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 12:25 AM   #11
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Incredible case of incompetence and ignorance. As noted, M3s have NO CDV. But my guess is BMW wanted to save a few pennies and left the same damn part as the rest of the 3s but without the internals, in order to avoid having a make a different part. Your dealer is a moron.

Going back to your issue. If the engagement point of your clutch is lower on the pedal, you're going to have a hydraulic issue, which is a relatively simple fix, whatever it is (I'd start with a bleed job and see if problem goes away). If engagement point is higher, you have a clutch problem, and it's going to have to come out. Hope it's the former. Good luck, and please keep us posted. Oh, and find another dealer .
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 01:12 AM   #12
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

You know, the things some of these stealers try to do astounds me. The incompetence blended with a nice dose of crookedness. OP, best wishes in getting this sorted out. Totally unacceptable and a real waste of your time. Not to mention they're light years away from understanding and fixing the real issue (JC noted the probable culprits).
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 01:14 AM   #13
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

what idiot dealership is this?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 01:38 AM   #14
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Well, technically M3's do have a CDV....it's uh...just not a V that uh....D's the C.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 11:28 AM   #15
wuzupfoo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3; G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHarris View Post
And which dealer is this...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
what idiot dealership is this?
+1

Incompetence and overall shistyness should not be awarded with more business.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #16
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Il disclose dealer info once i have vehicle picked up.

1. Called BMW NA , made a complaint.

2. Talked to shop foreman and explained to him that the m3 comes with a hallow cdv. I got apology after apology. I asked the guy how can someone working on my car not know what part it comes with. Ethier way yesterday when i explained ive never touched anything on the car the people laughed at me, or better say was grinning all along. Try to hint were not stupid we know you did. Ive called BMW service manager and i have a meeting when i pick up the car. Ive clearly said you guys treated me like a thief when from minute one i said nothing was touched by me. He claimed that this is normal procedure , then i said im sure it is but since this was ORIGINAL on my car and there was lack of knowledge its not normal.

Ethier way spending 70k on a car and getting treated like a clown/thief at the dealership, they will pay for this. Im really doing this for future m3 owners, so NO ONE has to deal with this.

I would really like to take my hat off to all of you, this forum is so knowledgable!!

Cheers fellow m3 owners
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 01:17 PM   #17
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Guys so basically they are saying they should replace my "slate cyclinder" now and i told them to just bleed my clutch and im fine with that for now. I dont want them touching anything else they dont have to as i have no trust in this dealership.

My problem was a soft clutch and minimal grabbing area.

Opinions?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #18
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Clutch slave cylinder is what they are referring to. I'd let them do it, not that hard of a fix. I would be incredibly annoyed if I'd have gone through the same episode but you'll probably get good service from here. Ask for their best tech and have his work reviewed by the shop foreman.
      09-22-2010, 01:02 AM   #19
WillC310
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A car

So whatever happened with this? Did they apologize?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #20
techlogik
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i Dravit Grey

Did I miss something? Who is the dealer?