BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

BPM

07-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #1
OmidHariri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Lower stomach fat loss

Hey guys, ive been recently going to the gym for a month straight and my motivation has been my great gains in strength and overall look of my body. I even started gaining bigger biceps *I posted another topic recently that they did not grow, but now they are gaining mass* Overall my body is looking better and better but im having trouble with my lower belly fat. i.e my waist/hips and lower stomach. I understand running helps and a good diet and stuff. But my diet isnt bad its decent and I run every now and then but I want to know how to BURN the fat around my lower stomach. Any ideas, tips, or workout routines?

P.s I understand that if i just do crunches or certain workouts all im doing is building muscle under that fat and my stomach will just get bigger.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2013, 11:32 PM   #2
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmidHariri View Post
Hey guys, ive been recently going to the gym for a month straight and my motivation has been my great gains in strength and overall look of my body. I even started gaining bigger biceps *I posted another topic recently that they did not grow, but now they are gaining mass* Overall my body is looking better and better but im having trouble with my lower belly fat. i.e my waist/hips and lower stomach. I understand running helps and a good diet and stuff. But my diet isnt bad its decent and I run every now and then but I want to know how to BURN the fat around my lower stomach. Any ideas, tips, or workout routines?

P.s I understand that if i just do crunches or certain workouts all im doing is building muscle under that fat and my stomach will just get bigger.
that bolded part above is the problem...abs are made in the kitchen...period...clean/tighten up your diet...
      07-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #3
OmidHariri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
that bolded part above is the problem...abs are made in the kitchen...period...clean/tighten up your diet...
having a thinner waist does not only involve a better diet. I don't eat shitty food all day. I meant that most of my diet involves some kind of rice or bread because of my families diet, due to being persian. I avoid eating high sugar stuff because it makes me sick.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
having a thinner waist does not only involve a better diet. I don't eat shitty food all day. I meant that most of my diet involves some kind of rice or bread because of my families diet, due to being persian. I avoid eating high sugar stuff because it makes me sick.
Eliminate shitty food period. Strict and punishing ab workouts as well.

What is your diet like? Do you count calories, protein and complex carb intake?

You currently bulking or cutting?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #5
OmidHariri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Eliminate shitty food period. Strict and punishing ab workouts as well.

What is your diet like? Do you count calories, protein and complex carb intake?

You currently bulking or cutting?
Been taking low carb low sugar protein and i take it after my workout because my daily diet involves alot of meat. Personally i dont feel full from any meal without a decent amount of meat. I dont count my calories because i dont eat so much in summer that i need to count it. And i try to avoid an unnecessary amount of carbs from bread and rice.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 01:39 AM   #6
lastMleft
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
The rice and bread are they white? And how much do you consume daily? Core exercises+Exellent diet+Cardio= ripped abs
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 02:25 AM   #7
Gamma6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Been taking low carb low sugar protein and i take it after my workout because my daily diet involves alot of meat. Personally i dont feel full from any meal without a decent amount of meat. I dont count my calories because i dont eat so much in summer that i need to count it. And i try to avoid an unnecessary amount of carbs from bread and rice.
Maybe you should consider counting. Iifym.com is a great tool. Not all meats are "healthy", red meats have fat, white meat have less or seafood. Sure meat might mean protien but perhaps that meat will contain fats that possibly may put you over your calorie intake level especially with all the carbs. The lower stomach is the hardest to lose. I personally am having the same problem. Key thing is diet. I am no trianer but if your diet isnt great thats not good, youre losing half the battle. Especially wothout cardio. A great balance between fats, carbs and protien is key.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 06:24 PM   #8
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

I agree that counting is a good idea. People typically underestimate their caloric intake. It's a good idea even if you don't always count calories to start so you know where you need to go to reach you goal.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 06:41 PM   #9
Who?
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI

i just cut down on my late night junk intake (icecream at 12 midnight)

i would never do stuff like calorie calculations etc, id rather eat normal food and exercise more..
      07-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #10
1LRM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [8.00]
complex carbs (with fiber and less sugar) much better than simple carbs.....

diet and cardio
F.T.B.R. Garage, CT
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 09:15 PM   #11
p-streets
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

Intermitting fasting. Goggle it if your up to it you will lose fat like crazy. My buddy is doing it and he swears by it and I have noticed he is losing fat. I haven't done it so can't give any idea about it but from what I see it works.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2013, 09:30 PM   #12
Gamma6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
i just cut down on my late night junk intake (icecream at 12 midnight)

i would never do stuff like calorie calculations etc, id rather eat normal food and exercise more..
Thas the beauty of counting. Eating normal food in moderation. Flexible dieting. But if what you are doing works then stick to it.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #13
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yeah...I can see where this is going from that bolded first statement...I'll bow out then before you get even more defensive and aggro...ask any competitor on how to get your abs popping and they'll tell you the same...diet...

like anything else...bodies are made in the kitchen and sculpted in the gym...good luck with your regime...

</exitthread
      07-07-2013, 02:10 AM   #14
stormzusmc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 15 Jag XFRS, 16 GLA45

Consult this thread....http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=583862

but seriously....know your caloric intake for the day, hydrate, avoid sugar, be active, lift...research.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 02:31 AM   #15
Louder
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i M-sport

As other stated, eating right is important. Additionally, running hills/trails, I find my abs get tighter and reduce my extra fat with intensive trail running.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #16
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:

It needs to be said every time the bolded part comes up, at the risk of sounding repetitive. You can't spot reduce. You can't pick and choose where your body will burn fat from next. Fix your diet. Keep exercising and a few months from now come back to this thread with an update. Assuming you fix your diet as everyone here is recommending, you should see progress in your lower stomach area and other fat deposit areas too. Even though, spot reduction is impossible, your problem area is typical for men and is one of the last places we burn fat. Just keep at it. And fix your diet
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 10:35 AM   #17
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Eat whatever in the the hell you want, just maintain a caloric deficit (burn more calories than you consume).

No one has ever failed at losing weight and maintained a caloric deficit.

1.) Eat shitty and maintain a caloric deficit- low body fat, low muscle
2.) Eat healthy and maintain a caloric deficit- low body fat, most muscle retention
3.) Eat healthy, maintain a caloric deficit, and lift heavy weights- low body fat, maximum muscle retention.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 12:50 AM   #18
OmidHariri
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm gonna try to watch my diet more and do more core exercises more often.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 04:26 PM   #19
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm gonna try to watch my diet more and do more core exercises more often.
Sounds like you completely missed the point of our advice....core exercises alone won't help you lose fat.

To be completely honest, your thought process is partially the reason why you have this problem in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2013, 11:25 PM   #20
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

I'm having the same problems as OP. I did nutrisystem but going to the gym on a ~900 calorie/day diet sucks. I've been on it for two weeks and have lost 8 lbs. (Currently 203 at 6'). I've been looking into intermittent Fasting and will give it a try. Sounds interesting but I'm against skipping breakfast and this diet entails eating ONLY between 11 am and 7 pm.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #21
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
well said

Grill chicken breasts, broccoli, asparagus, steak; take shakes, vitamins, etc

www.bodybuilding.com - has a lot of information there
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 12:28 AM   #22
geneatals
Ninja
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
I'm having the same problems as OP. I did nutrisystem but going to the gym on a ~900 calorie/day diet sucks. I've been on it for two weeks and have lost 8 lbs. (Currently 203 at 6'). I've been looking into intermittent Fasting and will give it a try. Sounds interesting but I'm against skipping breakfast and this diet entails eating ONLY between 11 am and 7 pm.

not a good idea, by fasting you'd be depriving your body of nutrients needed, so you're body will go into a "storage" rather than burn mode. Whatever weight you drop during your fast you're sure to put back on once you're off the fast...

again...change your diet/eating habits....it sounds simple but it's not....

try this free app for your smartphone..might help track your daily intake..

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps

I haven't used it personally but have a few friends and patients that have with good success...