BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

07-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #1
jpuzas
Rep
Drives: 2011 Interlagos Blue/Black

Nokia Lumia 928 Windows Phone 2011 M3

I have a 2011 M3 with Combox

Just purchased a Nokia Lumia 928 with Windows Operating System and wanted to post my findings. Really great phone by the way! I have had it for 2 months and it is working great.

Music Playing via USB cable works. Sometimes I have to unplug and re-plug it in and it eventually works. I have one cable that works better than the other. Sound is great and it displays album cover

Bluetooth Phone: Works great. Sound is good. Contacts load consistently

Bluetooth Music. Works but finicky. Does not allow access through I-Drive to search music only plays what you play via the phone interface. Sound is not nearly as rich and full and clear as the USB connection

Email: does not work
Schedule: does not work
Texts: does not work
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2013, 12:47 PM   #2
momo3605
Major
Rep
Drives: M340i LCI, 718 GTS 4.0

I've had better luck with BT audio with my windows phones than with iphones surprisingly. The iphones always default to music off, and then you have to hunt through the settings and make sure you set audio...But anyway, glad you like the phone I don't have the text/email features in my car, but yea i think those are iphone specific
Appreciate 0