BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

BPM

12-31-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
Sadd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Frozen White M3

MIAMI residents, I need HELP please...

Hi I just drove all the way from DC and Im gonna be here for a while (South Beach area). I have a few questions:
* whats a good place around here to get the car washed?
* Where can i get the windows tinted?
* Where can I find someone who can change my angel eyes ( I just bought the ones I wanted)
And of course if there is any meet or something like that, let me know

Thanks a lot, Sadd.
PS: Happy New Year to all the M3 owners, in other words my family lol
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2008, 04:56 PM   #2
ISAR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW Coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadd View Post
Hi I just drove all the way from DC and Im gonna be here for a while (South Beach area). I have a few questions:
* whats a good place around here to get the car washed?
* Where can i get the windows tinted?
* Where can I find someone who can change my angel eyes ( I just bought the ones I wanted)
And of course if there is any meet or something like that, let me know

Thanks a lot, Sadd.
PS: Happy New Year to all the M3 owners, in other words my family lol
So how did your M3 perform on such a long drive? And, was it is a comfortable ride?
I ask because I am preparing for a road trip in March from Michigan to south Georgia.
My drive will take approximately 16 hours. Did you track your mileage for the highway?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2009, 12:34 AM   #3
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

I know of a excellent detailer. PM me if you want me to hook you guys up
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2009, 02:14 AM   #4
Sadd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRGOO7 View Post
I know of a excellent detailer. PM me if you want me to hook you guys up
Yes please let me know, thx.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2009, 08:36 AM   #5
Heat00
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

welcome to Miami.. unfortunately my detailer is me and my tint guy is out of town lol, but enjoy the warm weather and beautifull women on the beach!!

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 10:53 PM   #6
Sadd
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISAR View Post
So how did your M3 perform on such a long drive? And, was it is a comfortable ride?
I ask because I am preparing for a road trip in March from Michigan to south Georgia.
My drive will take approximately 16 hours. Did you track your mileage for the highway?
Honestly u ll be surprised how confy that car is when it comes to long drives On the way to Miami it took me 18 hours and on the way back 16..and I don't remember myself or any of the people with me saying "ouch my back!!ouch my ass!!" or anything like that.
Gaswise its no big deal at all..to fill the tank u'll pay around 33$ I would say (almost everytime) but u never know, one time I filled it for 25ish$, I had to take a pic of that lol..And ull have to fill it aproxymately 4 times.

Here are a few advises I learned from that trip:
1/ make sure you get enough sleep before you bounce

2/ Before you leave decide if its better for you to drive at night or during the day, here are the pros and pros: DAY: visibility, sun light, safer...cons: depending on how luky u are, u might hit a lot of traffic ( which happened to me on my way to Miami.
NIGHT no traffic, i didnt see a single cop car, but its dark and u have to be careful with the animals on the side

3: MAKE SURE U DONT DO IT ALONE? IT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE

4/use the M button all the way, it barely makes a difdference in gas milage, and its much better because of the stiffer handling.

5/ VERY important and u probably know it already, use the cruise control,it makes it so much easier(with your foot always on the brake of course, u never know)

Now i dont know what type of driver u are, but here is another adcise I learned from the trip, don't try to fight the GPS arrival time too much, he's usually the winner. Sometimes it makes u think that by speeding a bit over the limit, you start gaining time, but i promise you ll end up wasting it somwhere else, and u feel kind of dumb when u get home and u feel that u took all these risks for nothing. I sticked at a truk's ass ho was speeding like crazy, it was so hard to keep up, because there was a lot of fog, but aparently thats a trick i didnt know, the guy was speeding a lot as soon as the fog was back, so i was doing like 100, 110 for a long time, and I reduced the arrivel time from 1pm to 8am, and guess when I arrived 1pm. (anyway by doing so, makes u a lot more focused which makes u tired quicker)

Hope this is useful, I usually don't write long ass messages, but when it comes to cars road trips, safety etc... its a different story

Drive safe, and let me know
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 11:01 PM   #7
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Contact Camaross (something else to, but if u serach his correct name will come up) and c if he can do something about the halos. He just came out wiht HID halos which are absolutely sick. And I believe hes down there.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 05:18 PM   #8
SoBe
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

South Beaches Finest Carwash near lincoln road. they do amazingin detailing and a section of the carwash is dedicated to a tinting site they do a great job there
2009 e92 ///M3 AW | DCT | Fully Loaded | CF roof | 19" wheels | Camaross305 HID bulbs | Eisenmann sport exhaust & connecting pipes | V1 hardwired | 20% tints all around | matte black grill w/ jet black surroundings |
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 07:47 PM   #9
Kevlar
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe View Post
South Beaches Finest Carwash near lincoln road. they do amazingin detailing and a section of the carwash is dedicated to a tinting site they do a great job there
They do a good job there... plus they wash many exotics, but the driveway is overly steep. I've gone there a few times when I'm staying on SoBe when I need a clean car for the evening.